TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who uses a bra????

chuckstang

Im looking for a good bra to cover the front end for long trips only.

I dont want the 3m stuff as it is very expensive and looks like crap on a black car IMO and I already have a bunch of minor chips anyway.

I have heard of Culgan or something but on their site, it does not look like it is available, also I read someone say that it was showing wear marks on the paint on the fenders?

I want something easy to put on and off that is not going to mar, fade, scratch or damage the paint, is that possible or unrealistic? This is not something that would be on the car all the time, so I really dont see how it could harm the paint but you never know.

Please post any links to who offers a bra

thanks!

Yes my snake wears double DDs, shes a big bitch

ps- it would not let me do a search for "bra" dont know why, too sexual?

Im looking for a good bra to cover the front end for long trips only.

I dont want the 3m stuff as it is very expensive and looks like crap on a black car IMO and I already have a bunch of minor chips anyway.

I have heard of Culgan or something but on their site, it does not look like it is available, also I read someone say that it was showing wear marks on the paint on the fenders?

I want something easy to put on and off that is not going to mar, fade, scratch or damage the paint, is that possible or unrealistic? This is not something that would be on the car all the time, so I really dont see how it could harm the paint but you never know.

Please post any links to who offers a bra

thanks!

Yes my snake wears double DDs, shes a big bitch

I just arrived in Fla; drivng from Md. I purchased a Colgan Bra for the GT500 back in July and have used it for several long trips. It fits well and has not marred the finish of the vehicle. I would recommend it for use when you take trips on the highway. I don't use it for local driving and only put it on when traveling. I also remove it and let it dry, if I've traveled during rain over the course of the trip. I wouldn't suggest leaving it on long after you reach your destination. It protects the paint extremely well. Colgan does make a bra specifically for the GT500. Just call them and they will get you one.

For long trips, you can't beat this bra for protection.

ps- it would not let me do a search for "bra" dont know why, too sexual?

My experience on previous cars is that even the best bras will scratch the clear coat no matter how often you remove it to clean. These fine scratches are very noticeable on dark colored cars. On light colored paints the fine clear coat scratches are not as noticeable.

We put the 3M clearbra on the wife's silver Lexus and it is not noticeable. I have not seen the stuff on a black car yet.

Thats not good news

Well is it safer for the paint to just use painters tape to cover the leading edges for long road trips? sorta like what you see at a track day event?

I just don't want to have to strip off the wax to get the adhesive off, or does it peel off easy enough to just give it a good wash and your fine?

Whats everyones experience with this either as a temp cover or for track use

Thanks

I also have the Colgans bra. I took my car on an 1100 mile trip, got home and took the bra off, washed and waxed the car, and it looks great. Didn't get one rock chip on the car and my trip was through Montana, Idaho and Washington. I don't leave it on other than when I'm travelling, but I'm very happy with it.

Here's a link to my photobucket album, there are a couple pics of it in there.

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd57/ow...NSCAMERA005.jpg

I forgot to ask

Those with the Colgan, how long is it to put the full front end bra on and off?

Is it as simple as putting a car cover on?

thank you

Takes me less than 10 minutes..................

CB

Archived