TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08SGT0646 is home!

ducatirider2

My wait is finally over and my childhood dream is a reality- there is a Shelby Mustang in my garage right now. Big thanks to my family for letting me go through with this (more thanks later when it goes back for the S/C), Michael Morris for his patience with me (and paperwork help at the end), with John at SAI for securing the number 646 for me, and to Adrienne for the wonderful Museum Delivery.

I can't say enough good things about Michael Morris and the way he does business. Every phone call was returned, every question answered, everything I needed was taken care of. Four days before my Museum Delivery, my truck was broken into and my briefcase was stolen. Not a big deal except all of my Shelby purchase paperwork and titling information was in it. Since we had driving the car home from SAI as part of our plan, I had to get the car registered. One phone call to MM, and duplicates of everything were being overnight shipped by DHL to me. Thank you MM.

Fast forward to Thursday morning. 10 am at DMV to handle registration, 11:30 to airport, 1:00 flight to Vegas. Spent an enjoyable evening there with the family, knowing there was not much sleep in my future that night.

Off to SAI early Friday morning (tired, but not sleepy), and was greeted at the door by Adrienne. For those of you who haven't been to SAI for the tour, it is a must do, akin to seeing the Grand Canyon and Mount Rushmore during your lifetime. Seeing and understanding the history and passion behind our cars and everything else that Shelby has ever touched is inspiring. Adrienne is the perfect person for the tour and museum delivery. She was excited, passionate, and knowledgeable about everything Shelby, and the tour was just a build up until I got my car. While signing the wall, I saw other forum members names that I recognized. It made me realize that we are kind of family now.

Once I saw it, I just walked around and looked. I didn't get in until someone on the tour reminded me it was mine and told me to get in. Sitting there, looking at the dash plaque, I realized everything had come full circle, and I finally had my Shelby. John came out (thanks again for my number!) and even the guys that assembled my car came out and met me. I think John said mine was the first 08 museum delivery, but I'm not sure, there was so much going on. My main goal in life at that point was not stalling the car in front of everyone as we started our trip home.

We had a wonderful drive home, enjoying and getting to know our new baby. We drove home on a portion of Route 66, stopping along the way for a bite to eat at an old diner (but no food or drinks came into the car!)

I'm glad my son was able to experience the museum delivery of the car, since it will be his someday.

Here are a couple of pictures, I hope they post, I haven't done any before.

th_IMG_1274.jpg

th_IMG_1268.jpg

th_IMG_1265.jpg

th_IMG_1261.jpg

th_IMG_1259.jpg

th_IMG_1255.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived