TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally a forum where the Continuation series won't get knocked by the CSX "have nots"

CSX4206

07 SHELBY,

Next time you edit something you know nothing about, try sending an e-mail if you are lost. It was a joke. You have my e-mail, do you want my phone number?

Allan

Allan,

More than a few others around here did not think this was a joke. As you know, on the internet it is hard to tell emotions with typing.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grabber,

I think it is obvious to the cobra guys:

CSX7000 fiberglass with Gessford Weber Monster

We all have had fun with this for years, if 07 does not like he should send an e-mail. This is a cobra listing within the site, oh well. It might be good to have a cobra person as the moderator.

Allan

Allan,

You are very insulting to people here.People don't think you are fun.This is your last warning

Ok now this is coming to a halt.Grabber has asked nice, to respect each other and their cars.

If there is any confusion see post #105

To respect one another, absolutely, to respect their cars? You have got to be kidding they are just hunks of iron, aluminum and fiberglass.

I have not seen anybody here call somebody's car a POS but where is it written anyplace where we have to respect a car?

Personally I find it much easier to to admire somebodys choice of car if I find them likable. If they are not likable it doesn't matter how much they spend or the provence of their car people will be turned off by them and their car.

I am sure most of us have approched a beautiful car at a show someplace and when encountering the owner soon realized what a complete jerk the person turned out to be. We soon lose interest in his car no matter how beautiful.

If owners want their car respected treat the lookers with some respect, and forget the long speeches, if I want to know I'll ask.

I have seen some of the most expensive, best looking cars at shows with the owners nowhere in site. If you don't know how to interact with people just stand back and let them look.I mean that is why you are showing your car.

3212: Just so you understand, when you put down someones car it can be insulting. (Try going onto the Ford GT forum and put down the GT and you will be shown the door rather quickly and rudely). There are many that put alot of time, effort and money into a car and have as much pride in it as you have in your original. Is putting that vehicle down or saying something that is demeaning about it respectful to the owner? The answer is ....No it isn't. I'm sure you can grasp that concept. Its very simple. Don't say anything about anyones car you wouldn't say in person and if you do say it be prepared for a response.

Its cool that you own an original and are fortunate enough to have one. Thats nice. Kudos to you. Originals are originals. No explanation needed. No one, not even me has claimed my Continuation series is an original. However, my position is very clear and consistent with SAACs and Team Shelby. When others refer to the Continuation series as a "replica" or "reproduction" it is meant as a put down and intended to be demeaning 99% of the time. We can play semantics all day long about the definition of "replica", "reproduction" etc.. Continuation owners are entitled to refer to their cars as Real Cobras or genuine Cobras because they are. If you feel that infringes on your "turf"...well you'll just have to get over it. This position on the Continuation series is not a put down or an effort to be better then anyone else. Its just stating what it is no more so then you telling someone that you own an real/original Cobra.

How would you feel if someone hypothetically said your car wasn't a genuine original Cobra. Being that your car is a genuine original Cobra I imagine you wouldn't like it very much would you and you would respond. Kinda the same thing as saying Continuation series are just replicas and not real/genuine Cobras to a Continuation series owner. We know there not originals, however.

I respect your Cobra and recognize it as being an real Cobra of the original series. I think Continuatin Cobras are entitled to recognition as real Cobras of the Continuation series.

My view is that Continuation owners should take pride in their cars, not be self deprecating by going along with others wanting to relagate the Continuation series to just a "replica". Its not accurate or fair and diminishes the enjoyment of owning these cars. Any guys who want to knock the Continuation series as just another "replica" as far as I'm concerned can go to Club Cobra or other simialar sites where non Shelby owners run unchecked and knock the Continuation series all day long.

If I have to put down my own car to win acceptance of non Shelby owners (or for that matter some Shelby Mustang owners or original Cobra owners), I'll pass. I don't need their acceptance or your acceptance for that matter. If you don't like me thats fine. I don't like you much either. Furthermore, any Continuation owner that puts down their own car, the Continuatin series as a "replica" "reproduction" or "kit" or mocks Shelby American to win acceptance of the Club Cobra crowd and others like them are schmucks in my view and ought to be shown the door.

Thats all I have to say about that.

Can some one tell what the big stink is about? Old vs New? Who cares? Drive the dam car and enjoy them. If your lucky enough to own the original Cobra, god bless you, if you own the CSX, it's a new Cobra and if you have the GT500, drive it like you stole it. They are all part of the SHELBY family.

Ron: Not tryin to fool anyone. I didn't say thats all I have to say about that forever. You know me better then that! :finger:

4802: Don't know why your sighing. Find a pair and sick up for what you have.

"This pair" will be participating in open track at Thunder-33.......will you?

To respect one another, absolutely, to respect their cars? You have got to be kidding they are just hunks of iron, aluminum and fiberglass.

I have not seen anybody here call somebody's car a POS but where is it written anyplace where we have to respect a car?

Personally I find it much easier to to admire somebodys choice of car if I find them likable. If they are not likable it doesn't matter how much they spend or the provence of their car people will be turned off by them and their car.

I am sure most of us have approched a beautiful car at a show someplace and when encountering the owner soon realized what a complete jerk the person turned out to be. We soon lose interest in his car no matter how beautiful.

I agree that most cars are just hunks of iron, etc, no real significance, but there are some cars that do deserve respect, and are more important than the owners. I'm talking about the truly collectable cars, and in the world of cobra's, I'm talking about the daytona's, comp cars, etc., that made the car into what it is. These cars are very important, and the true collectors know this. It doesn't matter if the owner of Gurney's J car is a jerk or not, the car won Lemans. Obviously, these kind of cars are few and far between, but they are important. Collector "street" cars are not that important, and are obviously more the norm.

Grabber,

I think it is obvious to the cobra guys:

CSX7000 fiberglass with Gessford Weber Monster

We all have had fun with this for years, if 07 does not like he should send an e-mail. This is a cobra listing within the site, oh well. It might be good to have a cobra person as the moderator.

Allan

Allan,

You are very insulting to people here.People don't think you are fun.This is your last warning

07 Shelby you can kiss my ass, kick me off I could give a crap. Take your website and shove it up your rear end. Who in the F are you, here is my cell phone if you have the balls to call 510 409 2178.

Alan,

You just don't get it do you?People are tired of your comments.Now,you want to be banned,here you have it bud.Now, I don't need your # but will leave it up in case anyone would like to call you.You showed me didn't you?

post-4662-1198318390.gif

post-4662-1198318390.gif

Alan,

You just don't get it do you? People are tired of your comments.Now,you want to be banned,here you have it bud.

Poor Alan only had 7 posts. I know Alan very well, and it usually takes much longer for him to piss people off.

Which "people" are tired of his comments?

..or was he "just too hip for the room?"

:cry:

Well ....sure is some heavy handed moderating going on here. I didn't think much of what was being discussed was that bad. Maybe a lil off topic, some boys having fun with one poor slob, but I think there was a discussion that could have come out of this with 'some' moderating.

I don't particularly like it that my posts were edited, I know I didn't say anything rude, I just questioned the pedigree of the 4000, many have done the same, even other 4000 owners. Just one guy raises a stink.

Now people are getting banned? Come on.

I'd been looking at another Cobra, maybe a 4000, but with BS like this, do I really want to 'join the club'?

:boring::boring::boring::boring::boring::boring:

Isn't there an off-topic section or a kiddie room for these type responses? Grown-ups tend to "get tired of these comments," too.

All kidding aside, the TS "Welcome Wagon" needs to do some homework.

By banning Alan, you just threw out one of the biggest Shelby Autos and CSX Continuation Cobra advocates in the Cobra community.

Nice work.

Isn't there an off-topic section or a kiddie room for these type responses? Grown-ups tend to "get tired of these comments," too.

All kidding aside, the TS "Welcome Wagon" needs to do some homework.

By banning Alan, you just threw out one of the biggest Shelby Autos and CSX Continuation Cobra advocates in the Cobra community.

Nice work.

I will take full responsibility on this one Computerworks.Grabber asked twice and I told him he is not going to come in here and cause problems.I have gotten more than 1 complaint from the members in this forum.From owners of this Very thread.I agree with them.Can you read his last post and tell me it belongs on a family site like this?I think not.He may be an advocate but he is not going to talked to any of the members like he does.He has to treat people a little better than that.His last comment says a lot of of his character.Most people would tone it down a little.I am not going to debate this.I am just stating the facts that led to this.

, I just questioned the pedigree of the 4000, many have done the same, even other 4000 owners.

-----

I'd been looking at another Cobra, maybe a 4000, but with BS like this, do I really want to 'join the club'?

I don;t think all 4000 owners question the pedigree.

Don't buy a 4000. I'd think you'd be happy with a factory five, most performance for the dollar.

I am not going to debate this.I am just stating the facts that led to this.

Me, either...no debate. Just pointing out the issue

His last comment says a lot of of his character.Most people would tone it down a little.

He should have done that offline, I think... but, really, though, you see he was pushed to that place.

Editing people's posts when they don't violate the TOS...just because someone with the button doesn't personally like what he said...without an offline exchange with the original poster....

...just violates so many basic elements of a true forum. Not a good precedent.

Enough of this talk...let's get back to car talk.

Where's Evan?

I don;t think all 4000 owners question the pedigree.

Don't buy a 4000. I'd think you'd be happy with a factory five, most performance for the dollar.

I said 'some' right in this thread, but that is a thought Bucko. While I prefer the connection of the 4000 to Shelby, I also appreciate the fact that them Factory Five guys are actually driving them on the track. I have only seen a handful of 4000 owners do that in all my days.

We had a dealer down here in NC, Nostalgia Motor Cars, Jim Harrell. He was one of the few that ran them hard, built himself some nice 4000 & 7000s and ran them on the track in the spec series, prolly 5 - 6 years ago, he was a hell of a driver. Tried to keep up with him on track at VIR with a 66 racer.

Not too many others run them 4000s hard.

Nice work.

+1 Good job 07.

CW, You don't need to tell our moderators how to do our job here. I can read between your lines and I suggest you drop it and not stir the pot anymore.

+1 Good job 07.

CW, You don't need to tell our moderators how to do our job here. I can read between your lines and I suggest you drop it and not stir the pot anymore.

I did drop it and asked to get back to car talk.

But since you brought it back up, nowhere did I tell your mods what to do.

And, tell me what you are reading between my lines? ...seriously?

There was nothing there, but I really would like to know what you saw.

...and you can do that off-line, if you want. That would be better for the thread.

I did drop it and asked to get back to car talk.

But since you brought it back up, nowhere did I tell your mods what to do.

And, tell me what you are reading between my lines? ...seriously?

There was nothing there, but I really would like to know what you saw.

...and you can do that off-line, if you want. That would be better for the thread.

PM sent.

Archived