TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally a forum where the Continuation series won't get knocked by the CSX "have nots"

CSX4206

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not the "stop in production", it is the fact that the company making Cobras went out of the car business 38 years ago....Chevrolet and Dodge did not.

Do you think anyone involved with the production of the original mustangs still works for Ford, or the original Camero still works for GM, or like wise for Dodge? One thing I am quite sure of is CS is still managing his companies and if he beleives the current corral of cars are Shelbys then no one really cares what others think.

Do you think anyone involved with the production of the original mustangs still works for Ford, or the original Camero still works for GM, or like wise for Dodge? One thing I am quite sure of is CS is still managing his companies and if he beleives the current corral of cars are Shelbys then no one really cares what others think.

Its a shame that the original poster's hope is now gone. :banghead:

What's a greater shame is that so many are interested in comparing their's to someone else's; instead of just enjoying what they have. This whole discussion of real and not real is just so boring in the true English version of the word's meaning. Its also a shame that so many clubs (I'm not referrring to SAAC here) make newcomers uncomfortable because they don't have the right kind of shelby. And it is very condescending to refer to new owners as "these new comers to the shelby game"

this has never been a site where these comparisons/issues have been a topic. I miss the good old days :redcard:

Computerworks,

Thanks be to God...you said it better than I ever could! My point was that some of these new comers to the Shelby game are acting like its 1965 all over agin. These cars are assembled differently than 'back in the day'. Componenets are different, Shelby gots them shiny new alu-min-ium blocks, compooter generated simmetrical body from Kirkham. Where are those hand hammered panels from AC? In the 60s, these cars came over as rollers from across that there pond and all the Boys at Shelby did was drop in the drive train.

They are beautiful cars, but still reproductions. Why do you boys git yer undies in a bundle over a simple statement like this?

You can't recreate 1965. Would I own one? Absolutely. best of the best, but I'd state facts, if it ain't a CSX2000 or 3000, its a reproduction. IMHO. :headspin:

Actually, it is 1965 all over again.

You won;t find GM making any more 1967 L88 vette's, Mopar will never make any more '71 hemi cuda convertible's, Ford will not make any more '64 thunderbolts. I'm not an expert with the EPA or crash safety strandards, but I don;t think any of those cars will meet current standards. Shelby, however, is again making the 427 S/C cobra, not the lame street "427", with the 428 station wagon engine. Obviously, he can't sell the car as a completed vehicle, but sells it as he does/can, so it is legal. You'll never find any other car manufacturer re-issuing the same model car 40 years later. In the 1960's I think, Ford did a run of either all stainless or aluminum model A Fords, and I think did another Model T more recently. They will never do that again, especially for the general public.

As for the cars being assembled differently now, the cars back then were assembled differently from one another, with changes in components from car to car, even body panels were changed. That point doesn't mean anything.

Believe it or not, want it or not, Shelby is offering the same car you could have bought back in 1965, now, today.

I don;t think it makes any difference that Shelby stopped producing cars after 1967, as he wouldn't have been allowed from the Fed gov to produce more cobra's anyways due to emissions and safety standards. You want a modern day cobra, get a viper.

There are many people who have the funds to purchase an "original" cobra, but don;t, and instead buy a CSX4000, ERA, Superformance, for whatever reason.

As for a CSX4000, I don;t own one.

Davy: Your post is dead on the money! Good post!

Very simply, whether SAI continued from the 60s is irrelevant to the issue at hand. To say they had to continue producition without stop in order for the Continuation series to be a REAL/Genuine Cobra is ridiculous at best and lacks any rational basis. Even assuming production continued there is no telling how productoin and design would have changed, personnel would have changed etc...Simple fact, SAI started production of Cobras again in 1996, they are the only ones licensed to produce Cobras again and it started again from same company that created the original and that was sold through dealers just like today, except in the 60s it was Ford dealers as opposed to Shelby dealers. The parallel in production and final fit up is remarkably similar. DOT regulations have changed and forced certain changes in the manner cars had to be finished. The cars are nearly identical in design and fitment to the original with some updates and better materials.

Original CSX3000 owners clearly are looking to "protect" their turf as owners of the only REAL Cobras for their own motives and can be expected to "turn their noses up" at Continuation series. Sorry boys, the new Continuatoin series are just as REAL but newer and actually...better built and better cars. If original owners don't like it they can also argue with Team Shelby, Shelby Automobiles and SAAC. There position is clear. see www.SAAC.com. In fact they say right on their website the only difference between the original and continuation series is the time frame they were built. Originals aren't the only REAL Cobras anymore boy and haven't been since 1996. My Shelby is just a genuine and REAL as an original, its just not an Original. "Some" for their own motives just don't want to accept it.

As for Computerworks, knowledgable he is but I don't think even he can claim to know what "everyone understands". He also can't change the facts. Many more today are aware of the new Continuation series, much more so then in 1996. In fact, everyone that sees my Cobra and discusses it with me considers it a REAL Cobra and not a "reproduction" despite being told its a Continuation series. Thats the response and "understanding of everyone" who has seen my car and talked about it with me has been.

Guys like Parnelli will always be around to knock these cars and play semantic games, thats fine, let them but the facts speak for themselves.

As for Computerworks, knowledgable he is but I don't think even he can claim to know what "everyone understands".

Of course, I can. :-)

In fact, everyone that sees my Cobra and discusses it with me considers it a REAL Cobra and not a "reproduction" despite being told its a Continuation series. Thats the response and "understanding of everyone" who has seen my car and talked about it with me has been.

I have had enough of this too.Either it stops or you will be posting somewhere else.

Guys like Parnelli will always be around to knock these cars and play semantic games, thats fine, let them but the facts speak for themselves.

Hold on Bubba.....just because I don't agree with yout 'idea' of the CSX4000, don't mean I don't like them. Yup, its a Shelby, but its a differnt company and a differnt process to produce the car. But its still a Shelby. What am I knocking?

Heck, in this thread alone I stated:

CSX4206, I LOVE the color choice of your replica! What a beautiful car! Pretty low miles for the time you have owned it. Boy if that were mine, I would be flogging that replica on the streets, the track, county fairs, you name it!

Ya'll would be laughing at me, I would not even git out that dang car to take a shower

Would I own one? Absolutely. best of the best.

Not knocking the car, just what some of you guys are trying to do. Ya still won't be included in that portrait with original owners.

Not looking to be included in the portrait with "original" owners. Not interested one bit. Moreover, they won't be included in the portrait of Continuation Series owners. :snake:

Ron: Ouch!!!! There you go again using the "R" word!

:hysterical: P.S. Thanks for the help on the registry stuff.

Love ya :dreamy:

Who the hell is this 4206 guy? Somebody really sold him a bill of goods. I guess if he keeps saying it enough somebody might believe him. Surely not some prospective buyer of his re creation. I would suggest he leave the Shelby Forum and do some posting on one of those replica forums. At least he would be around some friendly folks. I can just imagine the sales pitch he got from a builder somewhere. " Y'know son these here 4000 Cobras are the real thing and someday they will probably bring in almost as much as the originals, after all they are real Shelby Cobras.

"Hey boy I got this here bridge in Brooklyn"

Oh well it takes all kinds.

Who the hell is this 4206 guy? Somebody really sold him a bill of goods. I guess if he keeps saying it enough somebody might beleive him. Surely not some prospective buyer of his re creation. I would suggest he leave the Shelby Forum and do some posting on one of those replica forums. At least he would be around some friendly folks. I can just imagine the sales pitch he got from a builder somewhere. " Y'know son these here 4000 Cobras are the real thing and someday they will probably bring in almost as much as the originals, after all they are real Shelby Cobras." And this computerworks guy is just yanking his chain almost as much as the guy who sold him his car.

CSX3212,

I agree with you, I think this is all I was trying to say and then this CSX4206 beats me up for making the same statement you made a few pages back....if y'all don't mind me quoting you....

Please allow me to correct you on this misstatement.

I beleive Shelby American stopped production of Cobras on 1966-67 and those cars were sold thru Ford/Shelby dealers as completed vehicles with a legit title and registered as 1966-67 models. Had Shelby American continued to produce Cobras from then till the present day they would all be actual Shelby Cobras no mattter how they may have or have not changed in design and looks. But that did not happen and the cars produced today look exactly like the cars produced back in 1966-67 with the difference being that they are not sold completed thru Ford/Shelby dealers but in fact they are completed by authorized component assemblers (hardley a production vehicle)They are plain and simple a re-created 1966 vehicle and a darn fine example of the original product. But please don't try to insult the intellgence of today knowledable car buyers. These new Shelby Cobras are beautiful but they are a re-created vehicle and nothing more.

Thank you.

I think this 4206 guy got a chip on his shoulder about something, not sure what. Maybe I am a lesser Mustang owner and I do not fit in the his food chain. He sure didn't question your logic though, maybe cuz yer sporting an original CSX number, he just ignored it cuz he don't want to hear it, I guess.

I just buy them and drive them for the enjoyment. If I wanted something as an investment to watch it appreciate in value, I'd buy land. Can't speculate in the car market no more.

:finger:

Hey CSX3212: Who the hell are you ??? You own an original Cobra? Wonderful, Good for you. Obviously you and maybe other owners of originals feel the need to protect your "turf" as the owners of the only genuine Cobras and of course knock the Continuation series. Talk about "elitist" attitude. You clearly exemplify it. Owning an original doesn't make you special or better, Bubb. You hold title to a 40 year old car thats worth some money and created by the same man that created mine. Period. Thats really nice but times have changed.

You may be lost. Maybe its you should that go to a friendly forum because if you haven't notice Team Shelby's position clearly differs with yours and so does SAAC's. Read it and weep.

And....your positon that becasue SAI stopped production in 1968 means that anything they do now is just reproductions makes zero sense and lacks any rational basis. But if thats what you need to say to yourself to convince yourself keep doing it. :hysterical:

Yeah, not to mention POMPUS. Hopefully, all 3000 owners aren't like you.

In case you didn't realize this is the 4000 forum. Why don't you head over to the 3000 forum and hang out with your buds and you guys can all put down the Continuation series together and maybe even take up a petition to get Team Shelby and SAAC to change their position on the Continuation Series Cobras...until then seems like the authorities consider my Continuatin series as REAL as your original.

:hysterical:

Who the hell is this 4206 guy? Somebody really sold him a bill of goods. I guess if he keeps saying it enough somebody might believe him. Surely not some prospective buyer of his re creation. I would suggest he leave the Shelby Forum and do some posting on one of those replica forums. At least he would be around some friendly folks. I can just imagine the sales pitch he got from a builder somewhere. " Y'know son these here 4000 Cobras are the real thing and someday they will probably bring in almost as much as the originals, after all they are real Shelby Cobras.

3212, your being an elitist and let me correct you....

Shelby American did not go out of business, Carroll changed the name and still owns Shelby American and the cobras built here are real, they are new, you might not like that, but that is how we feel. They are new, they are continuations, they are real Shelby's. You can protest and you can post against that, unfortunately it's your opinion. Feel free to continue with your thoughts, but here at Team Shelby we don't do "elitists" there are other sites for that.

Amy

4802: What crap? You mean the demeaning statements by CSX 3212 and others towards the Continuatoin series? If you don't stand up for whats right, factual and fair and instead want to be self deprecating then expect more crap from those guys. If all Continuation series owners refused to take that "crap" there would be less of it. If you want more of it run the other way or if you want those guys to like you then put your own car down as a "replica/reproduction", they'll love you but don't include me I don't need them to like me. I've got enough friends and can do without false ones.

Amy: Thanks.

CSX 4206.

Did you ever bother to take notice that on all the forums where you post among all the CSX4000 owners you are the only one who gets picked on?

Certainly those other people are just as passionate about their car as you are but you are the only one who sticks his chest out proudy and proclaims to have a REAL Cobra and those other replica owners are just "have nots".Bad move calling somebody a have not when original CSX owners don't even do that to you..

I would like you to show me one post where somebody-anybody was knocking your car. By your own doing you have become the biggest joke on any forum where you have posted. Other CSX4000 owners are just tired of hearing your BS and they are not even sticking up for you.

I can not imagine the redicule that you will be subjecting yourself to at any future get togethers.

You know there are car clubs who just love guys with your attitude, they buy the cars that nobody else can afford just because they can.

The "mine is better than yours" or the "mine is real and yours isn't" crap aint gonna fly here.

I am just tellin you all.

Now that I know that smack is going on in here, I am gonna keep my hairy eyeball on this thread.

If it doesn't stop I will do one of the 3.

1. Remove the thread.

2. Remove the communication.

3. or remove the person.

That's all I am gonna say about it.

The "mine is better than yours" or the "mine is real and yours isn't" crap aint gonna fly here.

I am just tellin you all.

Now that I know that smack is going on in here, I am gonna keep my hairy eyeball on this thread.

If it doesn't stop I will do one of the 3.

1. Remove the thread.

2. Remove the communication.

3. or remove the person.

That's all I am gonna say about it.

OK...no sheep for you.

Being a Mod ain't no fun sometimes. ;)

Archived