TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally a forum where the Continuation series won't get knocked by the CSX "have nots"

CSX4206

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grabber, not sure of the rear wheel horsepower. But it was on a dyno and the results were 613 horsepower and 597 ft lbs of torque. The motor is 12 3/4 to 1 and must run on race gas. So long cruises are far and few in between because of the cost of the fuel and not being available at every corner gas station. This is an all aluminum bodied car, aluminum Shelby block and experimental aluminum Edelbrock heads.

but those infrequent trips must be a REAL blast. Great looking cars you guys have. Around here, all I can get is 92 octane unless I drive 30 miles :banghead:

Mr Jamo,

This csx4206 guy is really trying to fit in. Obviously this man is challenged, so please, help boost his self confidence and make him feel welcome.

Maybe an olive branch...eh?............I think you two can become good friends if you give it a chance.

Mr Jamo,

This csx4206 guy is really trying to fit in. Obviously this man is challenged, so please, help boost his self confidence and make him feel welcome.

Maybe an olive branch...eh?............I think you two can become good friends if you give it a chance.

OK, I'm always willing to help those in need. He's kinda cute, actually.

Thanks guys: Just kidding around with Jamo. He was bustin my chops again. I actually like the guy and think he's cute too!

Compared to the hp and torque some of you guys are running my car is no where near as powerful. Mine was dyno'd at 502 hp at 5400 rpm and 504 lbs of torque at 4600 rpm, all at the fly wheel. In reality I'm sure Jamo's car is faster then mine too and he tracks his car too, to his credit. Mine has never seen the track (well once, a parade lap at SAAC if that counts :hysterical2: )

You guys have a nice Thanksgiving!

These cars are all stunning. Going to be a fun time over on these boards.

The only thing that I can think of is that I am a "have not" with my car. I only have a replica with 550hp so it won't be real when I pass by all youse with just 502 hp. I got that going against me, but unlike others I "have" everything else going on.

Wheatie.

:headspin:

post-11380-1195657813_thumb.jpg

While new to this forum and a long time supported of all Mustang related toys, have owned quite a few. I am very interested in Cobras.

CSX4206, I LOVE the color choice of your replica! What a beautiful car! Pretty low miles for the time you have owned it. Boy if that were mine, I would be flogging that replica on the streets, the track, county fairs, you name it!

Ya'll would be laughing at me, I would not even git out that dang car to take a shower.

Reference to "have nots" is my reference to anyone that knocks Shelby cars simply because they don't have one out of sour grapes. There are people that do this.

There is a difference in that there are also guys who don't have Shelbys that admire them and respect them. Unfortunately not everyone is like this.

Perhaps my oringal post was misunderstood. Sorry.

My view is that the Continuation series deserves recogition for what it is i.e...a genuine Cobra as recognized by SAAC and Shelby American and that everyones car should be respected whether is it new, old, original, continuation, new or old Mustang etc... Guys here shouldn't be knocking others cars. In short my feeling is you shouldn't put down someones car simply because you don't own one i.e. don't say something about a guys car you wouldn't say in person. Isn't that part of the idea of having a Shelby Club????

It seems to me guys who have Shelbys whether new or old should support their cars and other Shelby owners cars from those that would put them down. Just MHO.

Anyway, have a nice day.

Those are some great looking cars, guys!

Bring some of them over to Tulsa's Mid-America meet next year. I loved watching the FIA guys pass me on the straights, but would love to hear the roar of a big-block in my window :headspin:

P.s. For all you Mustang guys wandering in hear....the CSX's are not "replica's". That's like saying our GT500's aren't real Shelby's :finger:

P.s. For all you Mustang guys wandering in hear....the CSX's are not "replica's". That's like saying our GT500's aren't real Shelby's :finger:

Thats actually funny, comparing a non Shelby auto that is inspired by him and carrys the name to an actual Shelby auto thats manufactured by Shelby. Then making sure to say replicas are not the real deal. Still many don't know what a CSX is. The turbo Dodge group thinks it was a true Shelby Automobile built in Whitter by Shelby that started life as a P body Dodge. Ford people hear the name Cobra, not CSX 2000 289, or CSX 2250 Daytona Coupe, or CSX 3000 427. How many can tell the difference between a Shelby Auto, a Shelby inspired auto and a replica? Not many. I've built cars my whole life and then went to school for engineering. Let me tell you the CSX 4000 is gorgous with the bod removed, actually the bod is kind of MG ugly. But what makes an early CSX so sexy is everything under the body, the replica people just see the bod. I also dout from a distance if many can tell if a car is a street beast or a CSX, remove the bodys of each. At this point it is like Jesica Simpson in a padded dress vs a fat nasty sweat hog, they may look the same from a distance but take off the dress and look out.

Rob

Thats actually funny, comparing a non Shelby auto that is inspired by him and carrys the name to an actual Shelby auto thats manufactured by Shelby. Then making sure to say replicas are not the real deal. Still many don't know what a CSX is. The turbo Dodge group thinks it was a true Shelby Automobile built in Whitter by Shelby that started life as a P body Dodge. Ford people hear the name Cobra, not CSX 2000 289, or CSX 2250 Daytona Coupe, or CSX 3000 427. How many can tell the difference between a Shelby Auto, a Shelby inspired auto and a replica? Not many. I've built cars my whole life and then went to school for engineering. Let me tell you the CSX 4000 is gorgous with the bod removed, actually the bod is kind of MG ugly. But what makes an early CSX so sexy is everything under the body, the replica people just see the bod. I also dout from a distance if many can tell if a car is a street beast or a CSX, remove the bodys of each. At this point it is like Jesica Simpson in a padded dress vs a fat nasty sweat hog, they may look the same from a distance but take off the dress and look out.

Rob

Rob,

You would be surprised at the differences in shapes. My wife can tell the differences between CSX and replicas from a good distance away. She can usually tell me which replica manufacturer. She is a smart woman. Most people who are Cobra enthusiasts - real, original, replica, fake, kit - need not matter know what they are looking upon.

Thats actually funny, comparing a non Shelby auto that is inspired by him and carrys the name to an actual Shelby auto thats manufactured by Shelby. ......

Rob

Rob,

Condescention will gain you few friends. The idea behind Team Shelby is not to assign "levels" of legitimacy to one or another of the cars Carroll has been involved with over the years. That takes nothing away from the special place A/C Cobra's & the CSX's have in sports car world.

The point I was making to someone who is unfamiliar with the continuation cars is that calling them a replica is similar to calling the current Shelby mustangs "clones" or "illegitimate". (But perhaps you fall into that category, in which case, I have nothing further to discuss with you.)

Rob,

Condescention will gain you few friends. The idea behind Team Shelby is not to assign "levels" of legitimacy to one or another of the cars Carroll has been involved with over the years. That takes nothing away from the special place A/C Cobra's & the CSX's have in sports car world.

The point I was making to someone who is unfamiliar with the continuation cars is that calling them a replica is similar to calling the current Shelby mustangs "clones" or "illegitimate". (But perhaps you fall into that category, in which case, I have nothing further to discuss with you.)

I am familiar with Cobras. Have been a member of SAAC for years. Replica or reproductions, whatever ya'll wanna call it, if it ain't built in the 60s and the Ole Man stopped bulding them for decades and then starts buidling them agin with outsourced bodies....

I am familiar with Cobras. Have been a member of SAAC for years. Replica or reproductions, whatever ya'll wanna call it, if it ain't built in the 60s and the Ole Man stopped bulding them for decades and then starts buidling them agin with outsourced bodies....then they are reproductions.

By that logic, EVERY car other than the very first one is a "reproduction" of the original. That doesn't really make any sense, does it? I can see "old" Cobras versus "new" Cobras, but otherwise, who really cares?

I am familiar with Cobras. Have been a member of SAAC for years. Replica or reproductions, whatever ya'll wanna call it, if it ain't built in the 60s and the Ole Man stopped bulding them for decades and then starts buidling them agin with outsourced bodies....then they are reproductions.
Hey parnelli, doesn't matter what anyone says, except Carroll in this case, we build CSX cars at Shelby autos, just like Carroll did at Shelby american many years ago, they might be new, they might be continuations, but they are not reproductions.

Guys, I also dont want a cobra war vs mustang on these boards, every Mustang has Cobra DNA, so, please respect the older brothers, the Cobras are beautiful cars, and that beauty and power and performance is what got Carroll the Mustang gig with Ford 40 years ago....The new Mustang are also special in their own right. Why is there always the discussion of real, not real??? enjoy the cars!!!

Amy

Hey parnelli, doesn't matter what anyone says, except Carroll in this case, we build CSX cars at Shelby autos, just like Carroll did at Shelby american many years ago, they might be new, they might be continuations, but they are not reproductions.

Guys, I also dont want a cobra war vs mustang on these boards, every Mustang has Cobra DNA, so, please respect the older brothers, the Cobras are beautiful cars, and that beauty and power and performance is what got Carroll the Mustang gig with Ford 40 years ago....The new Mustang are also special in their own right. Why is there always the discussion of real, not real??? enjoy the cars!!!

Amy

Eloquently said Amy..thank you.

Mike

Amy: I agree with you. Well stated.

Mr. Parnelli obvioiusly isn't up on Shelby history in that back in the 60's SAI outsourced the body and chassis construction to a little known company called AC with the cars being completed and powered up by Carroll and his talented crew at SAI. History is repeating itself.

I'm familiar with the mustangs, and the "original" 68-70 shelby mustangs that are "honored" by saac, are considered fakes by some as well, as they were built on Ford assembly lines, not by Shelby.

I'm familiar with cobra's as well. The "original" cobra's, i.e. CSX2000 and 3000 cars were built as assembled rollers from AC, and then sent to Shelby ( most of them). For the most part, early fiberglass and aluminum CSX 4000's, and all fiberglass 7000, 8000 cars are built entirely by Shelby. Therefore, one could make an arguement that these new cars are more "original" Shelby than the ones built in the '60's.

Amy

Please allow me to correct you on this misstatement.

I beleive Shelby American stopped production of Cobras on 1966-67 and those cars were sold thru Ford/Shelby dealers as completed vehicles with a legit title and registered as 1966-67 models. Had Shelby American continued to produce Cobras from then till the present day they would all be actual Shelby Cobras no mattter how they may have or have not changed in design and looks. But that did not happen and the cars produced today look exactly like the cars produced back in 1966-67 with the difference being that they are not sold completed thru Ford/Shelby dealers but in fact they are completed by authorized component assemblers (hardley a production vehicle)They are plain and simple a re-created 1966 vehicle and a darn fine example of the original product. But please don't try to insult the intellgence of today knowledable car buyers.Thank you.

Please allow me to correct you on this misstatement.

I beleive Shelby American stopped production of Cobras on 1966-67 and those cars were sold thru Ford/Shelby dealers as completed vehicles with a legit title and registered as 1966-67 models. Had Shelby American continued to produce Cobras from then till the present day they would all be actual Shelby Cobras no mattter how they may have or have not changed in design and looks. But that did not happen and the cars produced today look exactly like the cars produced back in 1966-67 with the difference being that they are not sold completed thru Ford/Shelby dealers but in fact they are completed by authorized component assemblers (hardley a production vehicle)They are plain and simple a re-created 1966 vehicle and a darn fine example of the original product. But please don't try to insult the intellgence of today knowledable car buyers. These new Shelby Cobras are beautiful but they are a re-created vehicle and nothing more.

Thank you.

Oh I see, by thagt logic, apparantly any stop in production of a car means a model restart is not authentic? So the new Camero will not be a Chevrolet, New Challenger will not be a Dodge? WTF?

Oh I see, by thagt logic, apparantly any stop in production of a car means a model restart is not authentic? So the new Camero will not be a Chevrolet, New Challenger will not be a Dodge? WTF?

It's not the "stop in production", it is the fact that the company making Cobras went out of the car business 38 years ago....Chevrolet and Dodge did not.

Archived