TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch noise when engaging?

VTWINDUDE

When I let out my clutch in first gear (I'm assuming every gear), I get a pretty loud "clunk" from the drivetrain. I'm pretty sure it's coming from the tranny/clutch. Has anyone experienced this? I'm pretty sure it's a new development as I don't recall it being noticeable before....

Nope - mine is just shy of 1000 miles.

When I let out my clutch in first gear (I'm assuming every gear), I get a pretty loud "clunk" from the drivetrain. I'm pretty sure it's coming from the tranny/clutch. Has anyone experienced this? I'm pretty sure it's a new development as I don't recall it being noticeable before....

Check your forward bushings on the lower control arms, good chance one or more are broken. You don't have after market UCA, so you are good there.

Check the U-JOINTS in your driveshaft.

Thx all. The noise seems to be coming from right underneath me. My LCA's are new and I double checked them, the bushings look great. It could be the u-joints... I'm going to keep an ear out and possibly bring it in - should be covered by the warranty.

I would take it into the dealer to get this resolved - they should be able to easily locate the source of the sound as it occurs consistently all the time.

• 1 year later...

Interesting...I have been getting a clunking sound (which seems to be coming from the drivetrain or rear end area), when shifting, when releasing the clutch but also when depressing the clutch and even when coasting with clutch fully depressed. Had tranny mounts and lca's checked ...nothing loose or worn. Any thoughts people?

Thanks

Archived