TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pictures of your CSX

quantum

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys! Here's my VNT-#414. Picked up on June 6, 2007. Thankfully I was able to pick it up, even though it had been VERY reasonably priced to sell for roughly two years. I had inquired about it upon its first for sale ad being posted in a PA newspaper, but wasn't able to finally bring her home until after I had graduated and waited for the weather to get better.

DSC01569.JPG

As you can see, she will be a project. But, that's exactly what I wanted, something that I can put a great amount of time and my own personal touch on in order to make it my own. I have acquired all necessary parts that were missing upon the time I purchased it in June, included reproduction front and rear air dams, complete set of fiberides, very nice weatherstrips, brand new door panels, brand new rear floormats, CSX nameplate for dash, rear window louvers, black headlight eyelids for rad. support, and center console. The car needs a windshield, and currently does not run due to what I suspect as a fuel pump problem.

More pics. and info can be seen if you email me! I am looking for a set of recaros if someone has them for sale. In addition, I need one more fiberide as one of mine are damaged.

Thanks for looking! I'll post progress pics. as the project moves along!!!

• 1 month later...

'87 CSX #252

csx252.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Check this out and tell me this isn't neat guys! After tracking down and talking with the second owner of my CSX (I'm fourth owner) over the weekend, he dug up some pics of it that he took right after he bought it from an auto auction... in 1993! Talk about a major flashback! This was my car, 15 years ago with just about 16k on the clock! :

scan0001.jpg

scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

scan0009.jpg

scan0010.jpg

scan00021.jpg

scan0004.jpg

^^^ Original tires were still on it! :(

scan0003.jpg

Notice the absence of the front and rear airdams. They were gone when he bought it he said. Evidence can be seen of the front apparently getting crunched on the left and right side of the front bumper cover - notice the paint chips.

The fiberides were on the car when he sold them to the third owner (who I bought the car from). Unfortunately, they traded them away! :mad:

What do you think?>? :D

cool nice to have a little history to go with it. man those bumper covers didnt last long did they.

Not at all it seems :( With only 16k miles, and the obvious good condition of the car at the time, I'm sure they would have been salvageable. Wish they wouldve folded the back seat down and threw them in the trunk, as I think the they broke when it was being transported from the auto dealer to the auction where it sold to the second owner :(

• 4 weeks later...
man those bumper covers didnt last long did they.

The problem is a sports car driven by morons. You wouldn't baja a Vette or Viper through a parking lot and not expect it to be damaged. The turbo Daytona Shelby and the turbo Shadow are both an inch lower with stiffer springs stock. The 89 CSX goes father lowered another 3/4" and even stiffer springs. Which are wonderfull and I wish I could buy more of them. The ground effects are fiber glass, not that plasic. People LOVE to come straight into parking lots going 40 MPH, then ram the front air dam into the bump stop breaking it off and pinching it to the tire. A moron at Altons here aligned my front end on my Shelby Dakota, then rammed the parking stop with it folding the front Shelby only air dam under and lifting the nose up 2". When I got to the truck it was resting on the air dam were the moron left it. Like many Mustang GT owners I park back a couple feet from the stops when I park. But all it takes is to let your girl friend take the GT 500 KR to the 7 11 and front end is smashed all over the side walk lol. My 89 CSX has 108,000 miles on it now, all the origanal air dams are ok. Except for a crack in the rear one from last summer, a branch came off a turck and went under my car and hit the rear air dam. But it isn't more than an inch and is getting fixxed this spring. The writers of Motor Trend don't know how to drive a sports car either. They completely destroyed no less than 3 front ends on a SRT 8 300C, then blamed Chrysler for there lack of driving. If given a SRT 8 300C for a year as a free daily driver you can better that baby would look new when it went back. :shift:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice photos!

My CSX is also a restro project. I'm in need of those window belt moldings, as well; which sucks. It also needs a new front air dam! *surprise!*

Here's some more pics:

when we picked it up from chicago: (previous owner brought it from TX to IL...)

l_0e093c125cfebc65b333848caa3e29ec.jpg

l_13bca232b9cf159d515bba6ea94c6447.jpg

After its first wash/was in probably more than 4 years... made a huge difference!

l_3cf0e60a815be1d3c4ecf8aef1708ceb.jpg

and I just like this picture that I call "turbo car staredown". The black talon was turbo, too. (Its gone now in favor for a white one. lol)

n570199898_267821_1174.jpg

Great pictures. I just wish we'd warm up and turn green.

It was only in the high 40's today but the sun was totally warm, it felt like high 60's. When the sun went behind a cloud it was cold. I worked outside putting in the HD radio and my feet got cold.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Any one own CSX-VNT #68?

I sold it a few years ago right after I got my mustang, to buy a supercharger for it.

Man I loved these cars!

I own it. I bought it in 2005 from a guy named John in La Crosse, WI. I am in the process of rebuilding it but it has been a slow process since the Army keeps me pretty busy. Let me know if you want pics and I can email you some. shelbycsx@gmail.com.

Take Care and thanks for taking such good care of her.

Jake

I own it. I bought it in 2005 from a guy named John in La Crosse, WI. I am in the process of rebuilding it but it has been a slow process since the Army keeps me pretty busy. Let me know if you want pics and I can email you some. shelbycsx@gmail.com.

Take Care and thanks for taking such good care of her.

Jake

Jake, Welcome to the Team Shelby forums. Glad you found us.

Your CSX was originally sold from Mitchell Dodge in New York in case you were curious.

Also you can post pics here on Team Shelby for free. And we all love pics so when you get a chance take a few.

Feel free to post any questions or if you have any restoration tips that you want to share feel free to post them.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Just a quick pic and hello to everyone here. I just heard about this site today, so I figured I would check in. Here is a poor pic of some of the Shelbys I have eating me out of house and home. :rolleyes:

post-22142-1219464477_thumb.jpg

Vic in Phoenix

92 Spirit R/T

89 CSX

88 CSX-T TIII

87 CSX

87 Shelby Lancer

84 Rampage TII

97 Diesel Ram

69 Dart GT 'Vert

73 Dart Sport (For Sale)

post-22142-1219464477_thumb.jpg

Nice to see you here Vic, it's been a long time sir, impressive collection as always. The TIII Rampage is running nicely these days, 13's on stock turbo/boost level, much more to come <_<

Alan

Just a quick pic and hellow to everyone here. I just heard about this site today, so I figured I would check in. Here is a poor pic of some of the Shelbys I have eating me out of house and home. :rolleyes:

MVC_012S.JPG

Vic in Phoenix

92 Spirit R/T

89 CSX

88 CSX-T TIII

87 CSX

87 Shelby Lancer

84 Rampage TII

97 Diesel Ram

69 Dart GT 'Vert

73 Dart Sport (For Sale)

That's more like an arsenal of weapons!

Just a quick pic and hellow to everyone here. I just heard about this site today, so I figured I would check in. Here is a poor pic of some of the Shelbys I have eating me out of house and home. :rolleyes:

Vic in Phoenix

Well I'll be, welcome to Team Shelby Vic. It's been awhile since anyone has heard from you :P

Glad you found us and hope you'll be a regular poster here. It's always great too see a long time Shelby Dodge enthusiast show up and share their knowledge.

So when are you coming out to SoCal to visit us? It's still the first Thursday of every month at Applebee's in LaHabra. You have many friends there that would be glad to see you.

Steve

Does it start properly with the key now? LOL

OK, so I did have to bump start the Rampage for the first 8 years I owned it :o Funny thing is, I never 'figured out' what was wrong with it. I pulled the head for some porting/polishing and replacing a weepy HG, and when I reassembled the top end, it starts fine and has ever since B) How about you come out and degree the cams for me now? That's gotta be worth a few more ponies ;)

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

post-11184-1220940795_thumb.jpg

http://exceleratorcarshow.com/

The trophy is for Best Domestic BTW. What a riot. The car looks like it was painted with a mop. But I did add the drilled / slotted 11" rotors ($185 for 4 rotors and pads from brakeplanet.com) off a 89 Shelby Daytona. Then it has the 17 x 7.5 Konig Feathers and 225 40 17 Nitto 555 tires. Other than that it looks stock. Getting into Silverwood normally is about $40 per adult, when you get into the show you get 2 tickets into the park and enter the car for $30. So I washed up the CSX and loaded the kids and hit it. I added the CSX brouchure, the 89 Motor Trend, and some other rag on the car and put them on the dash opened to be read through the windshield. Then into the park with the hood left up. After I was tired and ready to leave I went over and started packing up the car and the judges cornered me and asked "where I was going". So I told the massive import judges I was "going home" and they started whining about it and asked me to stay. Compact people have always been treated as lesser people, the idea of a Shelby made compact floored them. They have never heard of such a thing. They stared at it wondering how such a car could exist and they had never heard of it lol. So I told them about the VNT / VVT turbo. Then I went on about the fiberglass fiber ride wheels. Fact is only 2 true tuner manufactured compacts have ever been made, the N02 Focus sucks as they only did suspension and body kit.

So I listened as they went through best Dodge and thought I stayed for no reason. They went through all the manufactures that were domestic. Then they came to best domestic. With many V8 guys there at the Compact show, with trash cans of cash thrown at them, they loved my Shelby CSX best. Amazing, I build these things to piss off the import lovers with an American car that doesn't need a V8 to beat them. The American V8 crowd can't stand the car and the Import people absolutely love it, crazy. Had to share...

post-11184-1220940795_thumb.jpg

hey you can come paint mine with that mop lol i wish mine was close to that nice right now

some old man in Vegas bought the car and took it home to paint it. He filled in spots on the hood and doors and then squired dots with primer. Then he painted the car, most of it with red pain and no flex. There are curten runs on the rear fender and the paint was almost clear so you can see dots all over the car. Not to mention fish eye spots and general crap in the paint. But from 10 ft away she looks good, so I drive fast lol. The wheels and rotors really help the CSX in looks, big time.

• 2 months later...
Steve,

Well you know.... been kind of busy lately.... Might be headed to Vegas...Sweet!

Here's a pic of the T....

Tim

Tim

The 1988 Shelby CSX-T is the one car Carroll doesn't have in his collection so if you run across a clean, original one drop me a note. I would like to get one in the Shelby museum someday even if we have to get one on loan.

Steve

PS- Hope to see you in Vegas. Lots to see there.

Archived