TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pictures of your CSX

quantum

Tim

The 1988 Shelby CSX-T is the one car Carroll doesn't have in his collection so if you run across a clean, original one drop me a note. I would like to get one in the Shelby museum someday even if we have to get one on loan.

Steve

PS- Hope to see you in Vegas. Lots to see there.

Steve,

There was a low mile one on the bay about a year ago 12,000 miles. Mine's clean...not original though.... This was the car that was featured in High Performance Mopar on how to intercool your 2.2... She was quite a mess when i got her...but she looks good now.... .... And no it's not coming out this year.... Most likely I'll be renting a MOOOSetang... Can you bring me a Birthday Poster to have signed? Here's a pic of the racecar.....

Tim

post-11673-1229211166_thumb.jpg

post-11673-1229211166_thumb.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim, if you come out to Vegas I'll give you a ride in the red S B) It's pretty unlikely that it will make an SDAC event any time soon, it's just too many miles to get there *with* a car :(

Alan

Tim, if you come out to Vegas I'll give you a ride in the red S B) It's pretty unlikely that it will make an SDAC event any time soon, it's just too many miles to get there *with* a car :(

Alan

Alan, that would be awesome...... I'm still working the bugs out....but it looks like we'll be headed out early..... What's LA like and when are you coming down?

Tim

Alan:

I thought you west coast guys were working on SDAC-20 to be in CA or Vegas, what happened?

Alan

Alan:

I thought you west coast guys were working on SDAC-20 to be in CA or Vegas, what happened?

We are still interested in a Vegas SDAC, but I don't know if we have made any progress on it or not. Last I heard was that even with some substatial subsidies from members, club mngmnt feels that a Vegas event would be seriously under attended and hence be a big money loser :o I don't share that veiw and there are many who don't but more discussion needs to take place B)

Alan

We are still interested in a Vegas SDAC, but I don't know if we have made any progress on it or not. Last I heard was that even with some substatial subsidies from members, club mngmnt feels that a Vegas event would be seriously under attended and hence be a big money loser :o I don't share that veiw and there are many who don't but more discussion needs to take place B)

Alan

Actually where I left it was that I needed an event proposal to be made. Put something together guys, and send it to me. That's the first step. The proposal should include the location (city), track venues, other possible events, car show site(s). Vegas might be a little warm for our normal schedule near the end of June, so other times of the year could be discussed also.

Actually where I left it was that I needed an event proposal to be made. Put something together guys, and send it to me. That's the first step. The proposal should include the location (city), track venues, other possible events, car show site(s). Vegas might be a little warm for our normal schedule near the end of June, so other times of the year could be discussed also.

Yeah there's a few of us crazies that would :shift: out our there...... The vegas event was kind of last minute for me.... I would have loved to drive the T out for the event.... Might have took me two weeks to get there considering I would have to stop and take pictures everywhere though ..LOL. Right now she's not ready for snow but maybe next time! Road trip photo's from every state....Hummmmm

Tim

Steve I think you just became TurboJerk's favorite member here, when he showed those pics at TM.com, nobody mentioned the lights he had to :poke: prompt the gang to get some feedback. Welcome to TS Turbojerk B)

Alan

JUNK!!!! Now thats funny since yours is one of the nicest 89's out there.

Love the fog lights. That was one of the things SAI should have added/kept on the CSX and your pics show exactly why.

Steve

Yeah that was the first thing that I changed about the car since the factory wiring is already there. I can see why they where omitted though. The factory lights do not fit in the space that's left over after the front spoiler was installed. I ended up useing an aftermarker PIAA light to fit the opening. Still, I agree that they should have been there from the begining along with a "turbo" hood, a sunroof, and a dual tip exhaust....(WFT?)

Steve I think you just became TurboJerk's favorite member here, when he showed those pics at TM.com, nobody mentioned the lights he had to :poke: prompt the gang to get some feedback. Welcome to TS Turbojerk B)

Alan

It must be something about Pennsylvania with all these nice CSX cars. We have TimK with his low mile all original one, then there is TimP with his 1990 prototype, can't forget all those Lofink boys with who knows how many and now we have Turbojerk with his clean 89.

Looks like those guys should have pooled their money together and hired a transporter truck to bring these cars to the Vegas Bash next month.

Carroll loves his 89 CSX which is why its not in the Shelby museum. The ol Texan said I could take any of the Dodge cars for the museum except for two. I just mentioned the 89 CSX was one of the two and I'm sure most of you can guess what the other car is that for now has to stay in SoCal in case Carroll gets the urge to feel a turbo spool up.

Steve

It must be something about Pennsylvania with all these nice CSX cars. We have TimK with his low mile all original one, then there is TimP with his 1990 prototype, can't forget all those Lofink boys with who knows how many and now we have Turbojerk with his clean 89.

Looks like those guys should have pooled their money together and hired a transporter truck to bring these cars to the Vegas Bash next month.

Carroll loves his 89 CSX which is why its not in the Shelby museum. The ol Texan said I could take any of the Dodge cars for the museum except for two. I just mentioned the 89 CSX was one of the two and I'm sure most of you can guess what the other car is that for now has to stay in SoCal in case Carroll gets the urge to feel a turbo spool up.

Steve

Gotta ask the question then: How many Dodge cars does he have? All but the CSX-T from SAI, right? Any other Dodge ones that have his name, but maybe not from his factory?

Gotta ask the question then: How many Dodge cars does he have? All but the CSX-T from SAI, right? Any other Dodge ones that have his name, but maybe not from his factory?

Never really counted the Dodge cars before since its rare that they are all in the same place but I would guess at around 15 cars.

No Shelby Z or C/S Daytona's but he does have a couple carb'd Shelby Chargers including the first production one and the prototype one.

Carroll also has probably 8 or so Jeeps but most of those have been taken to the Ranch in Texas. Still have a couple Jeep Comanche trucks here in SoCal.

AmyB and I talked before about getting some of these prototype and number one cars into the Team Shelby newsletter. I'll do my best to make this happen soon.

Steve

Here's my old CSX#258, 1of 2 with big tires only. Sold it a couple of years ago to a collector in NJ.

Yup that configuration could be the rarest production Shelby Dodges ever. #258 and #004 were the only cars to come with the big tire package and stock seats.

Brad, good to see you post. Don't be a stranger. Stop by more often and increase your post count ;)

Steve

Never really counted the Dodge cars before since its rare that they are all in the same place but I would guess at around 15 cars.

No Shelby Z or C/S Daytona's but he does have a couple carb'd Shelby Chargers including the first production one and the prototype one.

Carroll also has probably 8 or so Jeeps but most of those have been taken to the Ranch in Texas. Still have a couple Jeep Comanche trucks here in SoCal.

AmyB and I talked before about getting some of these prototype and number one cars into the Team Shelby newsletter. I'll do my best to make this happen soon.

Steve

Steve,

I remember watching something on cable TV last year that showed Funkmaster Flex getting a tour and a look see of some of Carroll's vehicles.

As a fan of Police Cars, I couldn't help but notice a Chrysler M-Body in the background, when the cameraman was panning the vehicles. Looked like a Plymouth Gran Fury. Is it a genuine cop car? If so, anything else special about it?

Ray

Central California

Steve,

I remember watching something on cable TV last year that showed Funkmaster Flex getting a tour and a look see of some of Carroll's vehicles.

As a fan of Police Cars, I couldn't help but notice a Chrysler M-Body in the background, when the cameraman was panning the vehicles. Looked like a Plymouth Gran Fury. Is it a genuine cop car? If so, anything else special about it?

Ray

Central California

Ray

I know exactly which car you're asking about but the memory is a little fuzzy tonight. I want to say it was a 1988 Chrysler New Yorker but I'm just not sure. It was a baby blue in color with a dark blue interior.

The reason I say it was is because it was sold several years back. I couldn't get past the baby blue color so I didn't inquire about buying it. There was some damage to one of the doors, I think someone backed into it, but that damage was repaired and it was put out on Figueroa blvd with a for sale sign. It sat for awhile before it sold. Don't recall the price but if I had to guess it was around $1500

Before anyone starts asking, this was the only Chrysler car that I know of that Shelby has sold since the Newport Beach auction so don't even bother to ask if the other cars are for sale :nonono:

Ray you'll have to come down for one of the Applebees meetings or maybe the Mopars At The Strip event in Vegas. I'd love for you to bring some of your photos especially photos from the Robert Lee Gardena Tour. It would be neat to see what you captured from back then and if some of it is still around. Brett brought a bunch of pics from back then to the last Mopars At The Strip event and it was pretty cool looking back.

Steve

• 5 months later...
I'll play, 88 CSX-T. Picked it up off Craigslist for $200 and drove it home. Didn't know really what I had till I started looking for more info online for it.

So are all the Shelby parts present, i.e. the steering wheel, dash plaque, engine plaque, rocker covers etc...? What's the plan for it?

So are all the Shelby parts present, i.e. the steering wheel, dash plaque, engine plaque, rocker covers etc...? What's the plan for it?

It has the Shelby valve cover, steering wheel, 3 of the 4 center caps, trunk emblem. I've never seen an engine plaque, haven't seen any info on that other then the 88 didn't have an under hood plaque. And the dash plaque is missing. The car is mostly complete, even still has the original GP shocks on it, which are shot. Would like to fix it up back to original looking and possibly adding an inter cooler, larger turbo and a stage 3 ecu from Fwd performance and just drive it. Would also like to find an original radio for it, one with the cd player. May not have been originally offered, but would be much closer than whats in it now.

I'll play, 88 CSX-T. Picked it up off Craigslist for $200 and drove it home. Didn't know really what I had till I started looking for more info online for it.

Partshauler, welcome to the Team Shelby forums. Glad you found us.

Well for $200 bucks you can't go wrong. The Shelby valve cover is worth that. Glad to see you're going to try and save it.

It sounds pretty complete so at least you wont have to go searching for the rare Shelby specific parts. It appears that the previous owner started to take care of the peeling white paint with its current primer coat. At least I hope thats primer.

The Chrysler stereos with built in CD player didn't come out until the early to mid 90's but the good news is that they will plugh right into your 1988 wiring harness. You can pick these cd radios up on ebay for around $100. Looke for the ones that have a 3 lever equalizer. Stay away from the Gold Jeep units as they have different wiring.

If you PM me the last 6 digits of the vin number I'll be able to tell you what car # your CSX-T is and then you can register it with the Shelby Auto's Registry.

Steve

Partshauler, welcome to the Team Shelby forums. Glad you found us.

Well for $200 bucks you can't go wrong. The Shelby valve cover is worth that. Glad to see you're going to try and save it.

It sounds pretty complete so at least you wont have to go searching for the rare Shelby specific parts. It appears that the previous owner started to take care of the peeling white paint with its current primer coat. At least I hope thats primer.

The Chrysler stereos with built in CD player didn't come out until the early to mid 90's but the good news is that they will plugh right into your 1988 wiring harness. You can pick these cd radios up on ebay for around $100. Looke for the ones that have a 3 lever equalizer. Stay away from the Gold Jeep units as they have different wiring.

If you PM me the last 6 digits of the vin number I'll be able to tell you what car # your CSX-T is and then you can register it with the Shelby Auto's Registry.

Steve

Thanks, I was told by somebody here that its number 936 (shelbyconcepts). As for the paint, somebody painted it yellow sometime in its life, and you can see under that black flat/primer paint that someone had flames on it as well. I would like to get it repainted sometime in the future, I hate the yellow showing under the black at the edges and jambs. I would most likely like to try to stay with the original paint scheme, maybe go with a white pearl and gun metal grey instead of the factory white and silver/grey.

• 4 months later...

Archived