TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gt-H as a replacement for defective hood scoops

torchredgt

I read somebody posted in the other forum, that shelby should just replace are hood with a gt-h(cs6) instead of trying to fix our scoops 2 and even 3 times. I think it might be cheaper for shelby in the long run to supply us with the new hood. Just putting in my two cents. trying to see what you guys all think. Maybe we can try and keep this thread going and get noticed and see if this is a possible reality.

The CS hood is not without faults. It is fiberglass and has its own issues. The seem at the fenders on my car doesn't line up with the fender. I have also heard of others with ripple problems. The hood painted and stripe cost about $1500 (retail). I can't imagine that sending out 5700 hoods would be cheaper.

As far as I understad SAI was satisfied with their fix. The problem is dealers might not want to do it.

The CS hood is not without faults. It is fiberglass and has its own issues. The seem at the fenders on my car doesn't line up with the fender. I have also heard of others with ripple problems. The hood painted and stripe cost about $1500 (retail). I can't imagine that sending out 5700 hoods would be cheaper.

As far as I understad SAI was satisfied with their fix. The problem is dealers might not want to do it.

for the price of these cars, I think they should come with it.

I read somebody posted in the other forum, that shelby should just replace are hood with a gt-h(cs6) instead of trying to fix our scoops 2 and even 3 times. I think it might be cheaper for shelby in the long run to supply us with the new hood. Just putting in my two cents. trying to see what you guys all think. Maybe we can try and keep this thread going and get noticed and see if this is a possible reality.

Good luck getting noticed on this issue. I don't want a gt-h hood. I want our scoop revised to an aluminum scoop!

so car and drivel or motor tird was right about the crappy hood scoop and hood pin assembly...i seem to remember a lot of bashing when they reported hood scoop problems and hood pins coming loose at speed (whichever mag rag it was..hmmmmmmmmm

I have the Motor Trend issue in question and don't see either of these mentioned as issues. I don't see R&T ever reviewed the car.

I would bet if they had to send out CS hoods it wuld cost $2000 or more per car by the time they were fitted properly on a shop car, painted and then freighted all over the country. Not even remotely a good or cost effective solution...sorry.

Archived