TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Numbers in chalk on the radiator cover?

Boombatz

I've had my GT500 for about a month now and love the car.

One thing that I noticed on mine is that there are some numbers written in chalk on the radiator cover (5748).

ChalkNumbersonRadCover002.jpg

Can anyone tell me what these numbers represent? Just curious to find out why they may be there, I've looked at a good amount of the "Hood Shots" and didn't notice this on any of the other cars. Thanks

One thing that I noticed on mine is that there are some numbers written in chalk on the radiator cover (5748).

Can anyone tell me what these numbers represent? Just curious to find out why they may be there, I've looked at a good amount of the "Hood Shots" and didn't notice this on any of the other cars. Thanks

It was a race test car. They disconnect the odometer and put that many race miles on the car. Then new tires and off to the dealer. It's a test mule.

You guys are mean. :redcard:

He asked a simple question.

Here's what it really means boombatz...

That's the mileage they programmed into the car when you will have a catastrophic engine failure.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

You guys are mean. :redcard:

He asked a simple question.

Here's what it really means boombatz...

That's the mileage they programmed into the car when you will have a catastrophic engine failure.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

:hysterical2:

Poor guy.

i have no idea what it is for.

The numbers don't appear on my car unless it was cleaned off during the dealer prep. I would leave them on just incase you later find it has some significance to the assembly process.

Maybe it was put on during dealer prep :banghead::banghead:

I have chalked numbers there, too. I'll check tomorrow. They're different.

I know that in restorations, adding authentic factory chalk marks on the engine is part of the restoration, so it's not something unusual. I found three, I think, and took a photo record of those, the sig plate, and all the decals.

it's the ANTI-Freeze check!! don't let it colder than 57.48 C.degrees in your garage :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Archived