TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake order cut off date

KMCBOSS

Anyone know what the cut off date is for ordering a Super Snake. I have a GT500 but haven't convinced the wife that I need the SS conversion yet.

I heard 3 years, but SAI could confirm.

Show your wife the last page of the Shelby magazine that just came out (it's in one of the threads), listing projected values up to 40 years from now. May not be true, but you can leave that part out in the discussion.

My wife was literally seething when I told her that I put down my deposit. I wasn't sure what the word meant, until I saw her face. Jaw clenched, eyes narrowed, steam coming out her ears. I was ready to run :finger: It helped when I explained that this was my "forever" car :dreamy:

Show your wife the last page of the Shelby magazine that just came out (it's in one of the threads), listing projected values up to 40 years from now. May not be true, but you can leave that part out in the discussion.

My wife was literally seething when I told her that I put down my deposit. I wasn't sure what the word meant, until I saw her face. Jaw clenched, eyes narrowed, steam coming out her ears. I was ready to run :finger: It helped when I explained that this was my "forever" car :dreamy:

Any specifics on where you found the projected values for the SS? Are there any Canadians out there doing the conversion?

..heck man, you never mentioned any weapons in her hands :hysterical2:

you got off easier than I would have :censored:

Any specifics on where you found the projected values for the SS? Are there any Canadians out there doing the conversion?

Here's the link on this site. It shows the magazine cover. I found it in Chapters, but I didn't see any more at the Sunridge location today.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...showtopic=12631

I'm also in Calgary, and SS'ing (new word) a black vert and blue coupe. Very excited! :happy feet: :happy feet:

go to"what is your super snake csm number"

Fingers are better than forks anyway!! :hysterical: I just brought my new Shelby home last weekend. :happy feet: I bought it in Florida and had it shipped to Phoenix, AZ where I picked it up. I got raked over big time at the border. The guy at customs told me that if you do any modifications to the car that affects the center of gravity, the car will be refused access upon re-entry to Canada. Of course my burning question is what does the SS suspension upgrade do to the C.O.G. of the GT500. He said that they can also get pissy when the wheels and tires are changed from stock as well. My 10K deposit and I are hoping that S.A.I. has done some research into all this. I tried calling but just got vmail. Anybody else heard about any of this?

Fingers are better than forks anyway!! :hysterical: I just brought my new Shelby home last weekend. :happy feet: I bought it in Florida and had it shipped to Phoenix, AZ where I picked it up. I got raked over big time at the border. The guy at customs told me that if you do any modifications to the car that affects the center of gravity, the car will be refused access upon re-entry to Canada. Of course my burning question is what does the SS suspension upgrade do to the C.O.G. of the GT500. He said that they can also get pissy when the wheels and tires are changed from stock as well. My 10K deposit and I are hoping that S.A.I. has done some research into all this. I tried calling but just got vmail. Anybody else heard about any of this?

I know there's mention of modifications in the RIV.CA documentation, but nothing like this. I'll have to re-read it. I was under the impression that this meant modifications to a new car, before being exported to Canada the first time. At least 1 Canadian has had his car modded to the 40th Anniversary package, including wheels and tires, but his GT500 may have been originally bought in Canada. I don't know why there would be a difference.

SAI has said that they were looking for a Canadian mod shop, but no announcement yet as to who or where. That would certainly remove any potential border problems. I was planning on having my cars done in Vegas :banghead:

I'm going to start a new thread on this, to try to get more Canadian experiences with cross-border mods. You may have just ruined my weekend... :censored:

Here's the link to the new post, in the 40th Anniversary area. Wasn't sure where the best place was...

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...showtopic=12930

Bysie

We spoke on the phone a while back, about 1BadSHO's car in Florida.

What kind of problems did you have at the border? I found the Customs guys on both sides were very helpful. A little cold, maybe, but no problems at all. Just passed the Federal Inspection yesterday, so my car's now registered in Alberta. :happy feet:

I know there's mention of modifications in the RIV.CA documentation, but nothing like this. I'll have to re-read it. I was under the impression that this meant modifications to a new car, before being exported to Canada the first time. At least 1 Canadian has had his car modded to the 40th Anniversary package, including wheels and tires, but his GT500 may have been originally bought in Canada. I don't know why there would be a difference.

SAI has said that they were looking for a Canadian mod shop, but no announcement yet as to who or where. That would certainly remove any potential border problems. I was planning on having my cars done in Vegas :banghead:

I'm going to start a new thread on this, to try to get more Canadian experiences with cross-border mods. You may have just ruined my weekend... :censored:

Here's the link to the new post, in the 40th Anniversary area. Wasn't sure where the best place was...

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...showtopic=12930

I am interested, keep us posted. I have heard the same thing. Now, to what extend this is true, it will be hard to find out.

So is there only 2 mod shops doing this work ?

I heard that there was going to be up to 5, but I only know of SAI and Tasca.

I think that if other mod shops were open.....that more peeople would jump on board.

For example if there was one in the Pacific NW.

I have asked but I have been unable to get a reply.

I think that if other mod shops were open.....that more peeople would jump on board.

Including SAI in Vegas, there's three. Tasca in RI and Quantum in FLA. Still more to come? :waiting:

I thought that one more mod shop was announced that was in Texas a few weeks back?

Oh yeah, Dallas I think. Forgot about that one... :banghead:

Vogon,

Yes we did talk a while back about the other car in Florida. Heres what happened to me at Sweetgrass / Coutts Bortder crossing. When I crossed the border, the agent at the first check in booth was friendly (if you can use that word to describe a customs agent) but defenitely thorough. I must have been stopped for minimum 15 minutes answering questions. :banghead: I have a 2008 Ford Super Duty F-350 that I was pulling the car with and that may have been what got him started on the whole modification thing. Because it's a high vehicle he asked me several times if I had modified or raised the truck. I said no. He said good and continued on by telling me that there had been several people that had taken they're trucks down to the states to get them lifted. Upon crossing the border they were denied entry and forced to leave the vehicle in the states until it was either returned to OEM status or Transport Canada approved the modifications. He said that any change to the center of gravity to a vehicle means it no longer complies with the safety rating that Transport Canada issued. So I asked him about doing a suspension change to the Shelby because I had obviously already told him what I had in the back. He said the same principle applies. He said if the vehicle was lowered you probably stand a pretty good chance of getting it approved by Transport Canada, possibly even before the mod was done. I asked him about changes to the brakes and he said if it stops faster they dont care. After I finished my paperwork in the office they then rolled me into the garage and went through absolutely everything in my truck and trailer. The wanted everything to do with the car from who I bought it from, how I paid, deposit info, etc. etc. Again I got grilled on modifications. They apparantly know what MSRP is on one of these and because I paid a small ADM they were convinced that I had modifications done. So we had the same discussion that I had with the first guy. :doh: 3 hours after I got to the border, my Shelby and I were finally going home. :happy feet:

Sorry for the long version but I'm defenitely concerned that we may run into difficulties bringing our Snakes back home. I'm wondering if a letter from SAI confirming that the COG has not been altered would suffice at the border if thats the case. If the COG has been lowered then we have a little bit of work and research to do. The cutoms guy did state that if modifications have been made and they are suspicious that the COG has changed, they can hold the car there until they can make the determination themselves. I think some info from SAI on the mods is the next step unless someone has more / better info.

They NEEED a place in Portland or Vancouver to help with the SS Modifications PERIOD.But then again is it worh it for this many this year and next.

how does one order the SS package? Through a Ford dealer? What about car shipping arrangements?

Call Cynthia Robinson @ SAI. Phone number for Shelby is 702-942-7325. You can talk to Rob as well but Cynthia is listed as the main contact for the SS package.

I just shipped my car with Dependable Auto Shippers. HUGE mistake!!! :banghead: They are actually recommended by Ebay Motors but dont fall for it. Theres a forum in the Ebay Motors website. Read some of the stuff there as I'm not the only one with a bad experience with DAS. I've got $1700 damage to my front spoiler. :censored: They may be affodable but remember what your shipping. Good Luck!

Call Cynthia Robinson @ SAI. Phone number for Shelby is 702-942-7325. You can talk to Rob as well but Cynthia is listed as the main contact for the SS package.

I just shipped my car with Dependable Auto Shippers. HUGE mistake!!! :banghead: They are actually recommended by Ebay Motors but dont fall for it. Theres a forum in the Ebay Motors website. Read some of the stuff there as I'm not the only one with a bad experience with DAS. I've got $1700 damage to my front spoiler. :censored: They may be affodable but remember what your shipping. Good Luck!

oops i was late and didnt give them near the info you did.

michael morris

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, however this is one of the many reasons I'm trailering mine to and from.

That is what I want to do, I have checked u=hall and there trailers don't work un less you want to use boards on the ramps and place boards on the traier to prevent damage. Have you found a place to get a good car trailer??

Thanks JimC

07SS0085

That is what I want to do, I have checked u=hall and there trailers don't work un less you want to use boards on the ramps and place boards on the traier to prevent damage. Have you found a place to get a good car trailer??

Thanks JimC

07SS0085

Jim,

I have used a U-Haul trailer several times and hauled my car back to SAI for the 40th Conversion. I made a set of ramps from 2 x 12 with s step up with another 1 x 12 for a total of 3 inches to get up the ramp. They are about 4 feet long. I have a another set of 3 x 12 inch blocks to go under the front tires. Everything is cut on a 45 degree angle to make a smooth tansition. It took about 15 minutes to make. There is a couple of inches of clearance for the air splitter above the front rail of the trailer.

I know someone who has a paid spot to get an SS package done, that he is willing to sell if anyone is interested for what he has in it.

I might be interested IF a spot can legitimately be transferred and depending on what he has "in it".

Archived