TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2008 GT500 Order Placed!

Joker45

Well for those of you that know my story it's been a long road. I've had a 2008 on order since June 5th 2007. As Of this week I still did not have a VIN or build date and no idea when I was going to get one. Last week when I talked to the GM at the dealership where I had it on order from, I was told that Ford and Shelby were having a disagreement and that no GT500's were being built right now. :rant: Well of course this was not true. :stop:

So today when I read the post first thing in the morning about a GT500 in Fresno for MSRP, I stopped by the dealership to check it out myself. Yep it was now for sale for MSRP and he already had someone that was in line for it. I then asked gary, the salesman that I had spoken too before about getting one for MSRP, if I could order one from them for MSRP? :speedie: He said that he would check and returned a few minutes later and said that they had to sell that one first and then they could order me one for MSRP with any options that I wanted. :yahoo: So i was hoping that the guy that was in the process of buying it continued through with it.

So I went home and was home for about 30 minutes when Gary calls me back. Long story short, I went back down there and placed my order right then. I already have my VOC in hand with a 10 priority and they had already spoken to their zone rep before I got down there. Their allocation is ready right now and they told me that I should have a VIN by tomorrow and a build date real soon per the zone rep. :party2:

So I called my ex-dealer and cancelled my order. Getting my deposit back and saved myself 5 grand in the process. :happy feet:

Everyone was great at the new dealership and the finance guy even has a GT500. Nice people and they said that I will be kept in the loop with the order process. i'm so freaking happy right now it was hard to go to work after leaving there. :headspin:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joker great news!!! you deserve that deal after the ride you been on!!! Congrats and I cant what to see your pictures when she comes in :happy feet:

Joker great news!!! you deserve that deal after the ride you been on!!! Congrats and I cant what to see your pictures when she comes in :happy feet:

Joker congrats on on the order it is amazing how a diffrent dealers works. I always like my dealership and they treat me like a person whats to be treated.What colr did you get.My cars is being built this week and I can not sleep that much been waiting for 15 months but for msrp time on my side.Take care wilol talk soon !!!! :happy feet: :headspin:

Well for those of you that know my story it's been a long road. I've had a 2008 on order since June 5th 2007. As Of this week I still did not have a VIN or build date and no idea when I was going to get one. Last week when I talked to the GM at the dealership where I had it on order from, I was told that Ford and Shelby were having a disagreement and that no GT500's were being built right now. :rant: Well of course this was not true. :stop:

So today when I read the post first thing in the morning about a GT500 in Fresno for MSRP, I stopped by the dealership to check it out myself. Yep it was now for sale for MSRP and he already had someone that was in line for it. I then asked gary, the salesman that I had spoken too before about getting one for MSRP, if I could order one from them for MSRP? :speedie: He said that he would check and returned a few minutes later and said that they had to sell that one first and then they could order me one for MSRP with any options that I wanted. :yahoo: So i was hoping that the guy that was in the process of buying it continued through with it.

So I went home and was home for about 30 minutes when Gary calls me back. Long story short, I went back down there and placed my order right then. I already have my VOC in hand with a 10 priority and they had already spoken to their zone rep before I got down there. Their allocation is ready right now and they told me that I should have a VIN by tomorrow and a build date real soon per the zone rep. :party2:

So I called my ex-dealer and cancelled my order. Getting my deposit back and saved myself 5 grand in the process. :happy feet:

Everyone was great at the new dealership and the finance guy even has a GT500. Nice people and they said that I will be kept in the loop with the order process. i'm so freaking happy right now it was hard to go to work after leaving there. :headspin:

Congrats. . be sure to keep us in the loop of the build and delivery.

Congrats Joker! Dealerships always make me just a little nervous....

Looks like yours will be built close to mine....so I hope neither of us have to wait too long...from this point. I can't imagine waiting as long as you.

But I could pass alot of time sitting here watching your picture girl shake her goodies....does she need a job? :happy feet: :dreamy:

Looks like yours will be built close to mine....so I hope neither of us have to wait too long...from this point. I can't imagine waiting as long as you.

But I could pass alot of time sitting here watching your picture girl shake her goodies....does she need a job? :happy feet: :dreamy:

hey Dubbs!!. your car was pulled this morning. i hope to have you a VIN in the next day or so. i will keep you up to date and congrats Joker. mine is waiting at the plant to be shipped to SAI.

michael morris

Joker congrats on on the order it is amazing how a diffrent dealers works. I always like my dealership and they treat me like a person whats to be treated.What colr did you get.My cars is being built this week and I can not sleep that much been waiting for 15 months but for msrp time on my side.Take care wilol talk soon !!!! :happy feet: :headspin:

Mustang crazy,

I ordered a Red coupe with black stripes, chrimson inserts, HID headlights, Ambient lighting, Interior upgrade. Standard shaker 500 and no Sirius and car cover.

Fantastic news Joker!!

And to think of all those people who said that MSRP would never come to California. :doh:

Two MSRP deals the same day!!

WELCOME TO THE MSRP CLUB!! :happy feet:

Thanks Joe,

I can't believe I got a MSRP here either. Heck just a few weeks ago everyone around me wanted 20-30 grand over MSRP including the dealership that I got mine from.

I hope that this gives others in my posisition some hope that they can find the deal that they want also.

Dubbs,

She has a full time job just dancing on the screen :hysterical2: Thanks for the offer though :hysterical:

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. I'll keep everyone posted as I learn more. I'm expecting a phone call from them later today with VIN information. That's when they said to expect it anyway. It could be a very merry Xmas :headspin: :snake:

Joker45,

Great news, I'm very happy for you. :happy feet: :happy feet: An MSRP deal too, know what that means? Now you have $5000.00 to spend on Mod's!! :hysterical2: Have fun dealing with the PSDS (now that it's officaially started) the wait will be well worth it!

Mike

But is it a coupe or vert? and what options (HID, SAT, NAV, 1000) Just being nosy :finger:

Yep, it's STILL in the post right above your one with the question. :banghead:

:hysterical2:

Must be the cold over there in MI. I know what you're going through... :wacko:

See below:

Mustang crazy,

I ordered a Red coupe with black stripes, chrimson inserts, HID headlights, Ambient lighting, Interior upgrade. Standard shaker 500 and no Sirius and car cover.

Congratulations Joker and you deserve that deal after your wait. So the question is... what are you going to buy with the $5000.00? I think Evo just listed some $5000.00 gift cards on their site. :headspin:

Congratulations Joker and you deserve that deal after your wait. So the question is... what are you going to buy with the $5000.00? I think Evo just listed some $5000.00 gift cards on their site. :headspin:

Super Snake me baby! :snake:

That 5 grand I just saved makes it possible to get the 725 HP Package now that the price is higher. :headspin:

I've already got my CSM # and now it's just a matter of time.

Clever and lucky,

At least you are persistant.

Congrats on what looks like the real deal this time.

I love your color combo.

I want to say though, I just love my Sirius Satellite, sure you don't want it?

Have fun now.

Mikehart

Mikehart,

Thanks! I decided a long time ago that I just didn't like the bubble on the trunk lid.

That's my main reason for not getting it.

I might add the HD radio though.

Mikehart,

Thanks! I decided a long time ago that I just didn't like the bubble on the trunk lid.

That's my main reason for not getting it.

I might add the HD radio though.

Congrats Joker.. Long Time.. but glad you found such a GREAT deal and no more worries...

you will have you car before you know it.. So when you get it, please make sure and

return mine :hysterical2::hysterical2:

I had the same thought about the sirius sat didnt want the bubble on the trunk. Plus with

HD radio becoming more prevelant, Shouldnt have a need for sirius. And if technology changes

in the coming years you dont have something that is obsolete on your car.

:happy feet: :happy feet:

Super Snake me baby! :snake:

That 5 grand I just saved makes it possible to get the 725 HP Package now that the price is higher. :headspin:

I've already got my CSM # and now it's just a matter of time.

CONGRATS, Dude! Long time coming (like me)!!!! I see your avatar is dancing in celebration! :hysterical: Keep us in the loop! And let us know your CSM (Super Snake) number! Are you on the list for that yet???

BTW, I just got bucked on Monday! Happy day! :happy feet:

Archived