TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lucky or Not Lucky? 2007 or 2008 GT500

OSHELBYO

OSHELBYO here....I am #16 on my list at the dealer getting 15 2007 Shelby's......does this suck or not? This means I am #1 in 2008. Any feedback from you guys on predictions for 2008 models/changes?

I thank you in advance.....again it really sucks......or does it????

Thanks,

OSHELBYO

OSHELBYO here....I am #16 on my list at the dealer getting 15 2007 Shelby's......does this suck or not? This means I am #1 in 2008. Any feedback from you guys on predictions for 2008 models/changes?

I thank you in advance.....again it really sucks......or does it????

Thanks,

OSHELBYO

You are only one drop out from being in. Hard to say if there will be any changes for 08. Where are you located?

I am #15 on one list with a deposit. The dealer dude told me that with the T-bird and the GT 40 there was a 10% drop off rate. I am also on two other list with a deposit on # 5 and One #2 and #3 on the other. I am going to make sure that I get one. The list that I am #15 was the first dealership that called and has been letting me know what is up. I was on lots of list but no calls so I went out and found other dealers.

Good luck and I hope that 10 % drop off your list :rockon:

MCLE

Call me crazy but I actually requested to move into the #1 spot for a 2008 model. I was #2 in line at my dealer for a 2007, who thinks he'll get 2 or 3 this year, but I figured that being #2 means that by the time I'd get mine it'll be next year, and at that point a lot more will be known about the possibility of a GT500KR and/or there may be some nice upgrades / changes available in 2008 that aren't available on the 2007. So I sadly bowed out of the running for this year and requested that he let anyone behind me jump up for a 2007 (depending on how many he gets), but that I'm guaranteed the first 2008 that comes in. I'm also hoping that by then the dealer markup is minimal (or even gone!) I would have had to pay $7500 over sticker for a 2007 if I stayed #2 on the list.

Oh, it's heartbreaking to know I'll have to wait longer, but the wait will make it all the sweeter when I finally get it. And in the meantime I ordered one of those die-cast collectables to "drive" around on the desk!

:shrug:

Archived