TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'VE GOT A BUILD WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just spoke with my dealer and I have a build date of the week of June 12. He gave me a full vin number too. Second week of production and I don't even have a powerlease! Vin number 1ZVHT88S875xxxxxx. He gave me the full vin, but I'm leaving off the back half. In case anyones wondering, I'm buying for msrp. He didn't know the price yet, but said he is hearing about 42k starting price. Don't know if that includes gas guzzler tax or not!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope I don't get it in the dead of winter. The last thing I want to do is drive my brand new Shelby home in the middle of a blizzard. It's a 3-hour drive home with dry roads.

Call me I will drive it home for you. :baby:

I am suppose to get my VIN tomorrow. The allocations for my dealership get released from Ford today. I have been waiting a long time for this. We must be the last dealership in the state to get allocated. Just have to hold out for that price tag now. It is good to see you guys getting your build dates, just makes me that much more excited. Good luck guys.

I just hope I don't get it in the dead of winter. The last thing I want to do is drive my brand new Shelby home in the middle of a blizzard. It's a 3-hour drive home with dry roads.

Yep, that's scary to even think about having to drive this thing home in a blizzard. I'll be driving mine about 10-12 hours home, but at least it will probably be july or august. I'm now thinking july. Hope that A/C works good! Good luck with getting your vin tomorrow cugotit. Hope all goes well for you!

Yep, that's scary to even think about having to drive this thing home in a blizzard. I'll be driving mine about 10-12 hours home, but at least it will probably be july or august. I'm now thinking july. Hope that A/C works good! Good luck with getting your vin tomorrow cugotit. Hope all goes well for you!

I wouldnt mind spending 12 hours in a brand new gt500, I suppose you will see much open road?

I wouldnt mind spending 12 hours in a brand new gt500, I suppose you will see much open road?

Should see lots of open road. I've just gotta get that darn Bel RX65 radar detector ordered. Thanks for all the congratulations guys. I'm pretty pumped after the call today! :shift:

:woohoo: That's great! I don't think I would sleep tonight if I were you. :party:

I just emailed my dealer and asked him when MY build date is going to be. I told him I have a serious case of PSDS, and I can think of only one cure: :shift:

I'll post follow-up whenever I hear about my build date.

:rockon:

I just spoke with my dealer and I have a build date of the week of June 12. He gave me a full vin number too. Second week of production and I don't even have a powerlease! Vin number 1ZVHT88S875xxxxxx. He gave me the full vin, but I'm leaving off the back half. In case anyones wondering, I'm buying for msrp. He didn't know the price yet, but said he is hearing about 42k starting price. Don't know if that includes gas guzzler tax or not!

CONGRAT'S FASTBACKMAN ON THE GREAT NEW'S JUST BE CAREFULL THAT'S QUITE A DISTANCE.BEST OF LUCK !!!:party: :happy feet: :bandance:

How about taking a digital camcorder with you when you take delivery?

How cool would it be for us to be able to see and hear your reactions? :happy feet:

Both before you drive it - and while you drive it!

Keep us in the loop, you hear? :shift:

I'm sure Robert will start a thread with video downloads once they start rolling.

Congrats and very good news on the build dates...and not bad on the pricing either. I just left a message at my most reliable dealer and will give them a head start but if in 12 hours I hear nothing you can bet the rest of the ford people around here will be hearing from me. I have to admit this lady I've bought my last mustang from earlier this spring is really on it so I am hoping she will have good news. I am very pumped at 12:37am about this.

May be time to start looking into those packs. I'm trying to convince myself to hold off a while on the big whipple but it is so tough to stay away from once you know it's out there.

I'll start out with new wheels I think - I know some people love them but I really think these rims look like a Chrysler Seabring sedan wheel.

New exhaust and maybe that handling kit depending on the ride. I suspect for a while stock will be fine but damn that whipple twin screw is calling my name.

I need some more garage space - this car may end up costing me a house if I can't find more room someplace and have to expand beyond a 4 car garage. My wife is going to kill me but my son will love me!!!

How about taking a digital camcorder with you when you take delivery?

How cool would it be for us to be able to see and hear your reactions? :happy feet:

Both before you drive it - and while you drive it!

Keep us in the loop, you hear? :shift:

I'm sure Robert will start a thread with video downloads once they start rolling.

I'll have a digital camera when it's time to go and I'll see about a digital camcorder if I can get my hands on one.

Mine just went from serialized hold to scheduled, but no date. The dealer also said he saw something called "shipped through 31S" on the DORA. He said he had never seen that before. Is that a region code or does it mean something else?

Well, struck out again! Strike three and I'm out. No VIN, no nothing. Either the dealer is full of b.s. or the regional rep he talked to last week. I will give it one more week and I am pulling out. I will go back to searching for a 65-70 Shelby or wait for the new Challanger. I am so depressed. I have been on this list for over a year when I bought a new 05 Mustang. I would have given up a long time ago if it wasn"t for all of you on this site that kept me going. My thanks goes to all of you and I wish you all the best of luck, but I think I am through.

You're not through until we say you're through - you hear? :bandance:

We're hear for ya, man.

Hang tough. Don't ever give up. You want it? Wait for it.

We don't want to lose ya. If you want to vent - pm me. :shift:

Congratulations to all you guys , this means everyone is getting closer to getting their Vin# :cheerleader: :happy feet: :bandance: :party::roses:

Well, struck out again! Strike three and I'm out. No VIN, no nothing. Either the dealer is full of b.s. or the regional rep he talked to last week. I will give it one more week and I am pulling out. I will go back to searching for a 65-70 Shelby or wait for the new Challanger. I am so depressed. I have been on this list for over a year when I bought a new 05 Mustang. I would have given up a long time ago if it wasn"t for all of you on this site that kept me going. My thanks goes to all of you and I wish you all the best of luck, but I think I am through.

Car GuyS Motto: Never,Never Never Give Up! :cheerleader:

Congrats Fastbackman, hearing this is awsome news. I'm happy for you.

hopefully I'll find out something after memorial day on tuesday.

That radar idea is a good one by the way.

Yep. I definitely hope to have the radar detector. I hope to have the car by mid july. I'll take lots of pics and even try to get some video at the dealership if possible. Don't give up on your car cugotit. Even if it takes a few more weeks to get a build date. You've waited this long so hang in there bud. It'll be worth it. Thanks for all the kind words from everyone. I just put in more than 16 hours at work today and it's nice to come in and chat with friends about the car we're all crazy about.

Thanks guys!! I ain't going nowhere. Just suffering from PSDS. I'm okay now, I needed the weekend to settle down. I am a pretty straight forward guy and really expect the same from others that I deal with. When it doesn't work I tend to get pretty p.o.ed. I dislike having things in my life on hold, waiting for something to happen. I have passed up many other things that have come my way this year, just for this car, as I am sure lots of others have. Sometimes the frustration is just overwhelming. But I am back again, putting life on hold, waiting for that Shelby Dream. Thanks again for being here to kick me in the butt and set me straight.

Archived