TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brenspeed Tune?

The dyno sheet that I posted was running the 93 octane tune from Brenspeed. Something tells me that if I went and had the car dynoed today (when it is 45 degrees rather than 85 degrees) I would see better numbers. Like some with the tune have said...the seat of the pants feel is real due to the HP gains in the 1500--2500 range, and also in the higher ranges. I'm very pleased with the tune.

Even at 6 hp its a good deal I think - plus, we don't really have 91 octane in my immediate area, just 93 so I am kindof wasting octane! So, when I get some more bucks approved by the wife maybe I'll get this Brenspeed tune. I'd like to combine it with one of those slicker, firmer intakes tubes also.

First I have no experience with any of the tuners. I am curious why there is so much talk about the Brenspeed. Is it supposed to be that much better than Bama chips, diablo, predator, etc?

Thank you

Yes same here. And what is this elbow you guys are talking about? :finger:

I'm not sure if the Breenspeed tune is better than Bama, Diablo, Predator, etc. it's just that a number of SGT owners have purchased the SCT tuner and Brenspeed tunes and have reported excellent seat of the pants results. Brenspeed has been improving the SGT tunes for awhile and seem to have their tunes refined for our setup. I don't believe any of these companies promise big gains in horsepower they merely add a little more HP and optimize the tune to give a more performance feel and improved driveability to ours cars. As I mentioned before I have not purchased a tuner yet but have talked to Brent and plan on purchasing from Brenspeed after the begining of the year. As for the "elbow" they are refering to the intake elbow that connects to the air filter, Steeda and other aftermarket companies supply elbows that have a smoother internal geometry which provide a smoother airflow from the airfilter which in turn adds a mimimal increase in HP but also improves throttle response.

• 3 weeks later...
Well after talking the Brenspeed guys a couple of times, I have ordered my tune. Really looking forward to the driving experience. This car is just so much fune to drive, I ordered my own Christmas present. I will post the results when I get it. Thanks for all the responses .

Please post how you feel. Here in IL we only have 93 no 91 so that's not a factor.

Please post how you feel. Here in IL we only have 93 no 91 so that's not a factor.

i installed the brenspeed tuner sunday and you can definately tell a difference.most times you order something for your car that says it gives you x-amount of horsepower is a gimmick.this product is something that you will really fill in first and second gear.i would not have bought but so many members bought brenspeed that i decided to try it .i tuned mine for 93 octane.you can do 87 or 91 octane also.that would be good if you are going on a trip.

i installed the brenspeed tuner sunday and you can definately tell a difference.most times you order something for your car that says it gives you x-amount of horsepower is a gimmick.this product is something that you will really fill in first and second gear.i would not have bought but so many members bought brenspeed that i decided to try it .i tuned mine for 93 octane.you can do 87 or 91 octane also.that would be good if you are going on a trip.

Has anyone tried the 91 tune with California crappy gas???

Any particular crappy gas you had in mind? I am using the 91 octane tune in Calif. and it runs great.

Thanks!!! That's good to know.

I was just meaning the general crappy, oxygenated gas that is the only thing available in Cal. :hysterical:

When you gas up out of state, the car runs sooo much better, doesn't it?

Thanks!!! That's good to know.

I was just meaning the general crappy, oxygenated gas that is the only thing available in Cal. :hysterical:

When you gas up out of state, the car runs sooo much better, doesn't it?

I guess I will have to gas up in LV and find out. I wish Brenspeed included the 93 octane tune on my programmer for travelling. I don't really need the 87 and the 89.

Well, just got my Brenspeed in today at lunch. Had time to load it on my 08 SGT and drive the 26 miles back to work. All I can say is WOW. Most fun I will ever have with just 6 extra horsepower!!!!!!!!!!! I got the 93 octane tune, so the little vista blue will haul a_ _!!!!!! I mean, I never knew just how much lag I had at low rpm range until I installed this tune.

I did not think there was anything else that would make me want to drive the car any more, but this is soooooooo much fun!!!!

THanks guys for all the posts. I called Seth at Brenspeed when I got it, just to make sure, and he walked me through with no problems. It is well worth the extra bucks to have this much fun!!!!!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

PagerArt, I think Las Vegas only has 91 octane also. I am now in AZ and the gas is 91 oxygenated gas also. Gas in New Mexico and West Texas is also a high of 91.

Does anyone know why West Coast is limited to 91? Apparently it is not just a California issue and not just an emissions issue since the gas is even in West Texas and New Mexico.

Good Luck!

Any particular crappy gas you had in mind? I am using the 91 octane tune in Calif. and it runs great.

I bought the tune from them for my s/c ed car and it pinged big time. they sent me a different tune, ditto. i sent it back and they refunded my money. I am in ca.

I am participating in the World of Wheels in New Orleans this weekend coming with my ShlebyGT and I have gotten that Carbon Fiber air tube. The guys at Steeda told me not to drive the car with the new tube until I did do a tune on the car. I have been reading the post here and I run 92 Octane in mine ONLY and with the gas prices today, it nie to know that you can change the gas after the tune. How does the tune and the new tube affect the warranty?

I am very glad to hear that their is unanimous positive feedback on the Brenspeed. I was totally confused on anything to have to do with tunes. BTW, I LOVE this forum!!!!

I'm not sure if the Breenspeed tune is better than Bama, Diablo, Predator, etc. it's just that a number of SGT owners have purchased the SCT tuner and Brenspeed tunes and have reported excellent seat of the pants results. Brenspeed has been improving the SGT tunes for awhile and seem to have their tunes refined for our setup. I don't believe any of these companies promise big gains in horsepower they merely add a little more HP and optimize the tune to give a more performance feel and improved driveability to ours cars. As I mentioned before I have not purchased a tuner yet but have talked to Brent and plan on purchasing from Brenspeed after the begining of the year. As for the "elbow" they are refering to the intake elbow that connects to the air filter, Steeda and other aftermarket companies supply elbows that have a smoother internal geometry which provide a smoother airflow from the airfilter which in turn adds a mimimal increase in HP but also improves throttle response.

I ordered the Carbon Fiber elbow from Steeda and they told me I definately need a tuner. I spoke to the guys at Brenspeed who told I did NOT need a tuner with the new elbow. Money is tight and the carbon fiber is for cosmetics but if I need a tune then I have to only this for shows and not everyday driving. Any one have had questions on this. I am so cunfused. :banghead:

I ordered the Carbon Fiber elbow from Steeda and they told me I definately need a tuner. I spoke to the guys at Brenspeed who told I did NOT need a tuner with the new elbow. Money is tight and the carbon fiber is for cosmetics but if I need a tune then I have to only this for shows and not everyday driving. Any one have had questions on this. I am so cunfused. :banghead:

I run my steeda tube with the Shelby/Ford racing "Stock" tune with no problems at all. I have delt with Brenspeed for a couple of years now and they said no need for a tune just for that elbow.

just my .02

Archived