TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS Grill Assy

Just installed the CS grill assy yesterday. Now to hook up the lights. Does anyone know where to hook up the switch wire? I would like to use the existing switch on the head light switch in the car. Any help is appreciated. :snake:

The wire harness for the factory lights should still be in the grill area somewhere. If that won't help then I am no help sorry.

I looked at the lights on my grill, and the harness may still have a white plastic connector just in front of the abs block. If you need I can try to get some pics.

Perfect thanks. I found the fog light plugs but theres no power to them. ~I wonder if they pulled out the fuse to prevent any accidents?

Yes,They pull the fuse and tuck the wires out of the way under the hood behind the grill.

well i replaced the fuse that was missing and still no power. ahhhh. ive put in emails to bud and john, also been on hold at shelby parts for 20 minutes at a time for three days. i know its something simple im just not getting. most everyone who has these lites are either cs6 guys that have not had thier fuses removed or sgt guys who had shelby install these dang things. any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

I'll check mine again and try to trace the harness back to the firewall and see if there is another plug. I will also see which number the the fuse belongs to and post later. Which spot are you using for the fuse in question?

According to the manual the fog lamp uses a 15a fuse in postion 58, and also has a micro relay in position 30. Do you have the relay?

Randy

I'll check mine again and try to trace the harness back to the firewall and see if there is another plug. I will also see which number the the fuse belongs to and post later. Which spot are you using for the fuse in question?

According to the manual the fog lamp uses a 15a fuse in postion 58, and also has a micro relay in position 30. Do you have the relay?

Randy

Well, That is the fuse I purchased and installed today . I checked the relay and it is there. So back to the drawing board. Thanks for the tips however.

Can you post a picture of your grille and lights?

Thank you

Hopefully this is what you're looking for. The brake ducts are inboard of the lights.

First image is a standard grille set-up, fogs and brake ducts

post-7426-1195350855_thumb.jpg

Here's another car with CS-6 grille, brake ducts and no lower fogs.

post-7426-1195352764_thumb.jpg

post-7426-1195350855_thumb.jpg

post-7426-1195352764_thumb.jpg

Any luck on getting power to those lights? I'm having the same problem, somebody out there has the wiring instructions for the CS6 grille, care to share?

Any luck on getting power to those lights? I'm having the same problem, somebody out there has the wiring instructions for the CS6 grille, care to share?

Got this from bud just today:

I was just watching the techs install the lower grille lights. They cut the plugs off the harness that came with the lights. Then they soldered the plugs onto the existing harness. Mounted the lights, plugged in the harness to the other harness. Then they inserted a 15 amp fuse into slot #58. Turned the key on ( not to accessory) turned the lights on and pulled the headlight switch for the driving lights.

Now, when doing this, the high beams can not be on or the driving lights will not work. Also, one of the wires going into the lights may have a clothe covering—it is not insulated like the rest of the wire. If the wire got pinched, it will blow the fuse. Also make sure that when attaching the wires, the back go to black and the brown and blue wire (from existing harness) go to the white wire. If they still do not work, then recheck the #58 fuse to make sure it is not blown. If it is not, there may be something with the headlight switch itself. Hopefully this helps.

Got this from bud just today:

I was just watching the techs install the lower grille lights. They cut the plugs off the harness that came with the lights. Then they soldered the plugs onto the existing harness. Mounted the lights, plugged in the harness to the other harness. Then they inserted a 15 amp fuse into slot #58. Turned the key on ( not to accessory) turned the lights on and pulled the headlight switch for the driving lights.

Now, when doing this, the high beams can not be on or the driving lights will not work. Also, one of the wires going into the lights may have a clothe covering—it is not insulated like the rest of the wire. If the wire got pinched, it will blow the fuse. Also make sure that when attaching the wires, the back go to black and the brown and blue wire (from existing harness) go to the white wire. If they still do not work, then recheck the #58 fuse to make sure it is not blown. If it is not, there may be something with the headlight switch itself. Hopefully this helps.

I'll give this a try!

Archived