TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hello

Hi, one more for the Shelby Dodge Crowd!

I am posting from Barcelona/Spain and mine is "just" a "Shelby inspired" car, a 1989 Dodge Daytona Turbo II - however, its paid and its mine and it runs strong!

I am actually glad to see the whole family under one roof....

Just joined up. Always liked Shelby Dodges, and always wanted an 86 GLHS. The first car I bought myself was a Shadow convertible that I had for many years before it was totalled and always liked that car. Recently got this car which combines my favorites: Shelby Dodges and convertible Shadows.

Looking forward to what this site has to offer.

post-11472-1195955277_thumb.jpg

post-11472-1195955277_thumb.jpg

Just joined up. Always liked Shelby Dodges, and always wanted an 86 GLHS. The first car I bought myself was a Shadow convertible that I had for many years before it was totalled and always liked that car. Recently got this car which combines my favorites: Shelby Dodges and convertible Shadows.

I'm wanting to build the same thing, but red and with power everything. Sweet car!

And, actually, I must say, my 1st car was a ford...73 Gran Torino.

I REALLY wanted a red Chevelle vert I saw, but my Dad made me get the "less expensive" car.

My first car was a 65 Mustang, white with the black pony interior. Got it for a wopping $800 and it looked great and great. Handled so bad I could drift it at only 20 MPH. That was a good thing though I didn't need to go that fast anyway. Then I rear ended another mustang with it but didn't total it, just got another front clip. Then at 17 I got a 72' Dodge challenger 340 Rally for $2,200, the guy wanted $2,800 and couldn't sell it. Then I got my R/T SE 440 Challenger at 20, that was a wopping $4,000 with 75,000 origanal miles on it :happy feet: A couple years ago I built a new shop for the Challenger but it had to go under a prop up temp garage for a little while. The wind blew it over and it ripped the side mirror off. That cost me $850 to replace just the mirror. The Chevelle vert today would be 10's of thousands to fix, but they are nice to bring out on nice days :superhero:

Recently got this car which combines my favorites: Shelby Dodges and convertible Shadows.

I know who you are.....I used to drive that car. I was sorry to see it go. :cry:

post-11296-1196014551_thumb.jpg

post-11296-1196014551_thumb.jpg

Welcome all the new people to the site, if you have any questions please feel free to ask, there are some great people here that can help, or you can e-mail me at Sharone@teamshelby.com

Welcome :happy feet: :happy feet:

Sharon

It seems funny driving a car that other people seem to know. Someone recognized it at a local weekly car show I went to last week too. It is a great car, I am proud to have it.

Oh, that won't be the last time, that car is VERY well known.

Why didn't you add the rear CSX wing?

Rob

Why didn't you add the rear CSX wing?

Rob

That is how I bought it, but I am currently looking for a good body shop to switch the current one for a CSX wing. The CSX rear wing is a bit too long to fit the convertible due to the trim it has on the decklid, so it needs to be customized a little to fit.

• 1 month later...

I used to run WI SDAC when SAAC ran organization, have lots of Road test could copy for those who need them , still have 87 GLHS have owned since new . car has not been on road in 16 years veerything still works,car sits next to my 69,67 and 07 Shelbys, does anyone know of diecast model of Shelby Dodges and if not will Shelby make models

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Couldnt resist joining another Shelby site this one looks great.

I'm a member of the New England SDAC club, I own 1986 GLHS #126. Looking forward to cruising your website and learning more about these cars and the owners.

I have a Cardomain site for my car also:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/632619

Hi Mark

Glad you found us. Unfortunately because of the poaching accusations between those other boards I felt it best not to contact you or anyone else directly about Team Shelby. I'm sure the rest will find us once they learn Team Shelby is the place to be for accurate, timely info reagrding the Shelby Dodge cars.

Hang on as 2008 is going to be a year of great changes to the Shelby Dodge community. The B-day Bash was just a start.

Steve

Hey gang, just joined up over here. Had to since these cars consume most of my free time. Many of you already know me, but for those that don't I'm certifiably crazy about the turbo Shelby Dodge cars, currently I have a few garages and large building full of them. Slowly working on saving and restoring them whenever I can.

Hey gang, just joined up over here. Had to since these cars consume most of my free time. Many of you already know me, but for those that don't I'm certifiably crazy about the turbo Shelby Dodge cars, currently I have a few garages and large building full of them. Slowly working on saving and restoring them whenever I can.

Welcome aboard Dave. Glad you found us.

By your signature line it looks like you are aiming to be the first Shelby Dodge guy with a pair of each of the cars. So how about a pair of smileys... :beerchug:

Steve

Hi Everyone!!

I joined TS a few days ago and thought it was about time I posted here. Many people in this forum know me already, except for probably the Ford folks.

I look forward to what Team Shelby has for us, and I will be recommending TS to all our SDAC members!!

Welcome Barry! :)

Hi Everyone!!

I joined TS a few days ago and thought it was about time I posted here. Many people in this forum know me already, except for probably the Ford folks.

I look forward to what Team Shelby has for us, and I will be recommending TS to all our SDAC members!!

Welcome Barry, haven't seen you since the vegas meet. Word is filtering out, many are still too cheap to join though I am hearing.

That is how I bought it, but I am currently looking for a good body shop to switch the current one for a CSX wing. The CSX rear wing is a bit too long to fit the convertible due to the trim it has on the decklid, so it needs to be customized a little to fit.

What? The 89 CSX wing is raised and has a gap at the convert plate even on a stock 89 CSX. The new wing is shaped the same, it may need a thicker gasket of somethin on the mount to raise it a tiny bit. The new wing should go up over the truck plate. The new wing has an LED 3rd brake light in it too, I am considering taking off my origanal to get rid of the gorvernment added truck light.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost...amp;postcount=8

This guys lower photo is great because it shows the gap at the convertable cover plate

Archived