TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hello

Hi Bill!

Jason Trotter checking in, SDAC Chicago Chapter President and co-founder.

Who else here is into Shelby Dodges!? Chime in!

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Bill Yohman and I've been running the ShelbyRegistry.com web site for well over a decade in one form or another. I currently have about 23% of the Shelby Dodges registered and I'm always on the hunt for more. If you know of any, please visit the Registry:

Shelby Registry

Cheers.

Hi Bill,

I am the former owner of the charger glhs 107 and I see that Dean Welti (I think) is listed under the registry. Any way that you could put me in touch with him........been trying to locate this car and it's current owner. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx!

Ed.

I've never been able to forgive you guys ever since the very moment I saw a magazine cover that said "Shelby GLH WHIPS GT350..."

:hysterical2:

Painfull we know. But the Dodge based Shelbys embody even today what Shelby intended. The Shelbys Dodges were stomping fast in 86 and still fast today. For the most part though Shelby has said how many times that he likes the little guy in racing. How often in the last 50 years has he come out and said he really wants to build show cars that sit on a trailer untill they get auctioned? Still today a guy or gal with very little money can build a Shelby Dodge and compete. I am also amused at the latest Slalom and skid pad numbers on the new super snake, not much ahead of what my GLHS did.

I think sometime we should have a new contest between the old 86 GLHS with heavy mods vs a stock new GT 350 Mustang Shelby. The last Hot Rod test went with a stock 86 GLHS vs a heavy worked GT. Maybe Shelbys own GLHS 001 with the 16v engine that ran 12.05 vs a stock GT 350, theres a great idea. The last artical I read said 495 WHP and welded diff. Or maybe a poor guy like me using 72lb injectors and a super 50 T04E compressor on his GLHS? I can prove I made 14K for the last 5 years and that I have raised 3 boys for 12 on my own. But I autocross and drag race a Shelby Automobile and can compete. I wonder, how many trash cans full of cash does it take to build a real Shelby Mustang to go that fast on an autocross course? :hysterical2:

Hi Bill,

I am the former owner of the charger glhs 107 and I see that Dean Welti (I think) is listed under the registry. Any way that you could put me in touch with him........been trying to locate this car and it's current owner. Any help would be appreciated.

Ed,

Go to the Registry site and use the contact link and send me an email and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers.

Painfull we know. But the Dodge based Shelbys embody even today what Shelby intended. The Shelbys Dodges were stomping fast in 86 and still fast today. For the most part though Shelby has said how many times that he likes the little guy in racing. How often in the last 50 years has he come out and said he really wants to build show cars that sit on a trailer untill they get auctioned? Still today a guy or gal with very little money can build a Shelby Dodge and compete. I am also amused at the latest Slalom and skid pad numbers on the new super snake, not much ahead of what my GLHS did.

I think sometime we should have a new contest between the old 86 GLHS with heavy mods vs a stock new GT 350 Mustang Shelby. The last Hot Rod test went with a stock 86 GLHS vs a heavy worked GT. Maybe Shelbys own GLHS 001 with the 16v engine that ran 12.05 vs a stock GT 350, theres a great idea. The last artical I read said 495 WHP and welded diff. Or maybe a poor guy like me using 72lb injectors and a super 50 T04E compressor on his GLHS? I can prove I made 14K for the last 5 years and that I have raised 3 boys for 12 on my own. But I autocross and drag race a Shelby Automobile and can compete. I wonder, how many trash cans full of cash does it take to build a real Shelby Mustang to go that fast on an autocross course? :hysterical2:

Welcome to the forum 86glhs76!! That's a great story. Glad to hear it works for you. I can picture it- You beating many cars with the GLH (Goes Like Heck!) and surprising everyone!

The Mustang is a Musclecar. We like to keep it that way. Yeah it's a little heavier than your GLH and wouldn't handle as well. That's Ok. Still it's 'tons' of fun!! :hysterical2:

I remember the GLH's, not too many around but I haven't seen one in years. I'd like one so I can surprise a few 'ricers' around here!!

Thought I would drop a line; I own 89' CSX #91. Glad to see that the "black sheep" of the Shelby family are being invited into the fold. I look forward to posting here more.

Well this is technically a Mustang forum, stangsunleashed.com. I will say that Shelbys first race car as I am told was a Hemi powered car like the C2. Those were built in the early 50's. So some say Shelby started as a Chyrsler Powered racer. But there is also a AC forum list here for the Cobras. I also notice that they haven't made a Chevy powered Series 1 section yet. So We may be in the mid pack! LMAO. The early shelbys still are fast and can be made with 400 WHP and 30+ MPG and handle. Kids today mostly look at FWD and turbos as popular choice, the Shelby Dodges are the muscle cars of the turbo age. My friend has learned that if you buy a wideband you can send your computer a lower signal. This means you run at cruise at 16:1 AF instead of 14.5. With a turbo Dodge engine it doesn't matter about load, it doesn't because when you hit boost the computer goes open loop and gives the engine fuel on a curve. So if you cruise nicely you can get raging great gas mileage, even with a few speed bursts once in a while won't hurt you. My Friend Jay here has a 3,200 Daytona T top car with a modded 2.5 and the 54lb injectors. He gets 37 MPG and he gets on it once in a while, widebands rule. With gas at $4 a gallon this summer and climbing the old Dodges are going to get even more popular!

Rob

PS if you Mustang guys try this wideband trick keep in mind your car must have a open loop WOT fuel curve. You put a load on a NA engine and it'll ping and melt. Our turbos engines hit boost under a load and get the extra fuel.

I have been waiting for a long time for a site and club like this. One thing we all have in common is our admiration of Carroll Shelby, and wether it's an original Cobra, Shelby inspired Dodge or the '08 Super Snake we are united in that one common thread. Most of the cars that I dream of owning are Shelby cars but, it's the Dodges that allow me to be a part of the Shelby community. I have owned a 1986 Daytona Turbo Z (6,900 original miles) for the past 21 years and even though it's not a numbered Shelby car he did have a lot to do with the developement of that platform and the 2.2 turbo motor. This should be an exciting ride.

Jason,

Shot me an e-mail. I looked in the database and I don't have two of your cars registered to you. Hit the Registration Form and hook me up.

Cheers.

Will do...

Thought I would drop a line; I own 89' CSX #91. Glad to see that the "black sheep" of the Shelby family are being invited into the fold. I look forward to posting here more.

Welcome 'Quantum!' My buddy had a Duster that looked just like your car and it hauled some @ss!! :headspin:

Yours must be faster being a Shelby and all.. :)

Hey guys! Billy Lofink here, President of the Steel City Chapter! Finally was able to post up on here and introduce myself. I own a 1985 Plymouth Turismo, 1989 Shelby CSX #414, 1990 Daytona Shelby (For Sale) and a 1994 Plymouth Sundance. Looking forward to hopefully meeting up with some other enthusiasts who have not frequented SDAC conventions or turbo-mopar.com! To those of you I already know, hey once again! :superhero:

hey folks, I dont have any actual shelby vehicles buy im a member of the Western NY Chapter of SDAC.

I do have a 88 Reliant converted to 2.5L Intercooled and a 87 Daytona Pacifica 2.2L Turbo. :)

Brian

Turbo K cars are a riot, the last sleepers?

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...=si&img=803

I hope more of these get saved. Mine I bought from a doper for $100 and have been restoring it. They weigh much less than I thought, the book calls them 2,500 lbs. I am part of the SDAC and the PNW SDAC.

Rob

another forum whoo-hoo!!!

I guess I can be here since I own a ford and a dodge! LOL

Glad to be here:

I own

1986 glhs

(2) 1897 Glhs

1988 CSX-T

1989 CSX-VNT

1989 Dakota Shelby (for sale)

(3) Spirit R/T's

1992 Daytona Iroc R/T

1970 Boss 302 (OK really my husbands car, but hey....it's still totally cool!)

and my favorite:

1988 Prototype CSX birthday car (the one built for shelby on his 65th birthday)

later,

Cindy

Thanx secondo & Grabber!

I hope to have her back on the road for next year.

And, actually, I must say, my 1st car was a ford...73 Gran Torino.

I REALLY wanted a red Chevelle vert I saw, but my Dad made me get the "less expensive" car.

Archived