TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wanted to share my stang pics

07Pony

That looks cool all lined up like that. I knew you could do that but I didn't know which ones to choose... I love 'em all!! :runaway:

Thanks for the compliments. My coworkers think I'm nuts because I change my PC wallpaper all the time. Can't help it, I'm bit by the stang bug :hysterical2::headspin:

hey pony ..... or should i say "MR PONY" to you ... car sounds AWESOME .... great color choice too ....... beautiful Stang my friend ! :happy feet:

Thanks 1badsho. What's funny is torch red wasn't even a color I wanted when I was looking for a stang. I really wanted a Grabber Orange Pony Package but I couldn't find any on all the lots I hit. But this was the only car I found that had the exact options that I wanted with the exception of the side airbags. My wife and son liked the color and so the rest is history and I'll tell you, I love the color now. Funny how things work out.

I've seen some of you post pics or your dogs so here's mine enjoy a ride in the stang....

CharlieWindBlown.jpg

07PONY I LOVE THE PICTURE WITH THE DOG OUT THE WINDOW. IT REMINDED ME OF WHEN WE HAD ARE GERMANSHEPPARD SHE LOVED TO HANG OUT THE WINDOW AND BARK & GROWL AT OTHERS. SHE LOVED IT WHEN WE CAME TO A LIGHT AND WE HAD TO STOP. SHE WAS JUST SO LOVEABLE. WHEN SHE WAS REALLY HAPPY YOU COULD SEE ALL HER TEETH. AGAIN THANKS

• 3 weeks later...

Good looking pony pkg V6 from a fellow pony pkg V6 owner. Sure glad to see someone posting pics of their V6 for our collective group of S197 V6 owners. I have one of the rare 2006 Texas Stampede Edition Mustangs #235 of 500 made. Looking for other Stampede owners.

post-6556-1196698972_thumb.jpg

post-6556-1196699136_thumb.jpg

post-6556-1196698972_thumb.jpg

post-6556-1196699136_thumb.jpg

Good looking pony pkg V6 from a fellow pony pkg V6 owner. Sure glad to see someone posting pics of their V6 for our collective group of S197 V6 owners. I have one of the rare 2006 Texas Stampede Edition Mustangs #235 of 500 made. Looking for other Stampede owners.

Thanks and welcome, I see this is your first post. I'm going to go out on a limb and hope I don't show too much ignorance here but I've never heard of the Texas Stampede Edition. What is it?

Not a problem at all about going out on a limb and ask what is a Stampede Mustang. There's plenty of people who does not know about these ponies out there. This is the official statement from FORD below:

"Are you in the market for a limited production 2006 Ford Mustang?

Well, look no further as Ford dealerships in Texas and Oklahoma are offering a special-edition Mustang called the Stampede Edition. With only 500 of these ponies available for sale to the public, each authenticated with an engraved, numbered plaque, the Ford Stampede Edition Mustang is sure to become a collector’s item.

“Mustang has a long tradition of offering special packages like the Twister and California Special,” says Mark Grueber, Ford marketing strategy manager for the Southwest region. “We have a special Texas Edition F-150 and Super Duty, and Mustang is such a part of the Texas landscape, we thought it would be a natural fit.”

The Stampede Edition Mustang V-6 coupe includes the standard Pony Package features (17-inch, painted-aluminum wheels and a pony grille with integrated fog lamps). What makes this Mustang stand out from the crowd, are the wide silver racing stripes, rear spoiler, distinctive Stampede badging (including a Stampede Edition gas cap), chrome pony spinner caps and chrome exhaust tips.

The interior of the Stampede Edition Mustang has been nicely upgraded. Inside you’ll find a leather-wrapped steering wheel, six-way power seats, front floor mats with brushed-chrome “Mustang” badging and a unique MyColor™ Instrument Panel Display, which offers up to 125 color backgrounds at the touch of a button. Also included is a Shaker 500 audio system which features a six-disc CD player, while the Shaker 1000 is available as an option.

“A lot of customers are looking for something unique,” says Grueber. They want to “Texasize” their vehicles. The Stampede gives them the opportunity to own something unique.”

If a unique Mustang like the Stampede Edition is on your wish list, better hurry as all 500 have been produced and are on their way to approximately 300 Ford dealerships throughout Texas and Oklahoma."

I was lucky enough to get the original letter and able to get a copy of the brochure given to the TX dealerships about these rare ponies. I have attached the brochure with this email. I hope this helps answer your question about the Stampede Mustangs.

I'm a newbie out here is why you noticed that I have not posted till now. Enjoy your V6 as much as I am and no you are not crazy by turning your photos into wallpaper for your computer. I do the same thing!

Hope to hear back from you again...

stampede_brochure.pdf

stampede_brochure.pdf

^ That's cool to know they had a limited edition V6. Thanks for sharing the info. No wonder I've never heard, it would never have been marketed to me since I'm not in that region. But even through forums I've never heard of it. Pretty cool.

We must share the same enthusiasm for our stangs because while you might not think I'm crazy :headspin: my coworkers do because I change my PC wallpaper often and it's of either my car or another S197 stang. They're just not car crazy like I am. I used to have old Mopars, ferraris, lambos with an occasional stang mixed in but since I became a stang owner it's been nothing but S197 wallpaper.

I also need to add that California also had a limited edition V6 Mustang offer which had a limited number of 400, I believe.

Wow, you had a neat collection of cars before the S197, so what made you switch? For me, I still own my high school car a 1966 Mustang hardtop since 1983. I had a 1990 Chevy Cavalier Z24, a 1996 Mustang V6 and now the 2006 TX Stampede.

Thanks for writing back and hope you can send more pics, okay?

I'm sorry about thinking that you had those cars (lol) but I understand that these were your wallpaper pics. Thanks for clarifying that up and yes if we could actually own those cars as well. PM sometime and feel free to share your pony photos and stories. Right now on www.unitedstangs.com, my pony is this month's feature car and very proud of being selected being that GT owners seems to always get chosen, you know.

Keep enjoying your Mustang!

Welcome............

Very nice car. S197's are the "shiz" as my son says.

Great pics as well. Haven't let one of my Jack Russells ride along in the Shelby though.

Looking at V6's right now myself for a driver car.

CB

Archived