TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford GT Forum Also?

TonyGT

Just a suggestion. There are a few of us FGT owners out there that also have Shelby cars & parts. Since the FGT & GT40 is a Shelby inspired car of which Mr. Shelby had much to do with it's engineering, production & success in all phases both old & new. Could we possibly have these fine auto's included in the Team Shelby Forums? Thankyou much!

Rats - just used up a roll of paper towels getting the drool off of the keyboard :hysterical2:

All three cars are beautiful and are in their classic colors. I remember seeing a documentary on ABC's Wide World of Sport documenting Phil Hill and the initial campaign in the GT 40. It was like rooting for David against Goliath. The GT 40 was fast but it did have teething pains - the transaxle and one of the suspension components (wishbone?). Poor Phil left the program before it became so successful.

BTW - I think the original GT 40s had a blue hood (bonnet for our Brit brothers) instead of the Le Mans stripes.

Hey Robert, give me a call when it works out for you and we'll go for a spin. You've got my number. If you lost it, 559-994-8100. I am always looking for an excuse to get her out.

Neil, what a great photo that would make with your two beautiful rides. I am a Mustang guy. Never thought I would be as fortunate to own one of these fine cars.

Moabman, you are a guy that knows his GT history. I got to see the #4 MKIV at the Shelby event last week at the Pedersen Museum.

Take care all, TI :headspin:

Thanks Tony. I have been fascinated by those cars. I was 13 in 67 and I couldn't wait to get coverage (a week late) of the races. However, I only learned this year that Carroll actually was the first to beat Ferrari with his Daytona Coupe. He won the FIA championship in 1965. Ford then tapped him to help develop and run one of the GT 40 teams. Carroll was instrumental in stuffing that beautiful 427 into the GT 40 and making the Mk II. He also was one of the geniuses behind the perfection of the Mk IV.

I would love to see them in person and watch them run. The sound must be incredible. If you know where they might be running, please post it. It's the 40th anniversary and I've heard that they are making some appearances :happy feet:

Thanks Tony. I have been fascinated by those cars. I was 13 in 67 and I couldn't wait to get coverage (a week late) of the races. However, I only learned this year that Carroll actually was the first to beat Ferrari with his Daytona Coupe. He won the FIA championship in 1965. Ford then tapped him to help develop and run one of the GT 40 teams. Carroll was instrumental in stuffing that beautiful 427 into the GT 40 and making the Mk II. He also was one of the geniuses behind the perfection of the Mk IV.

I would love to see them in person and watch them run. The sound must be incredible. If you know where they might be running, please post it. It's the 40th anniversary and I've heard that they are making some appearances :happy feet:

I was 12 in 1967 and still have a couple of my GT40 slot cars, one being the J-Car. There is so much automotive history associated with the Shelby name. Last week I got to see and hear people like Gurney, Parnelli Jones, Bondurant, Grant, Hall, Edelbrock, Remington, Prudhome, Neal and a few others talk & remenise about this legend. I am one lucky man to have been able to enjoy the Shelby cars, parts, racing and history for so many years. I just wish I had some of this stuff back now. I know, hindsight is 20/20. :cry::banghead: :happy feet:

Hey Robert, give me a call when it works out for you and we'll go for a spin. You've got my number. If you lost it, 559-994-8100. I am always looking for an excuse to get her out.

Tony,

I will! Hopefully in the next few weeks. Thanks again for the offer.

Robert

It would be a dream to have all 3 in classic white/blue....maybe we'll meet up at a Shelby event and take a photo, since it's not likely the wife would ever consider letting me buy one. :hysterical2:

Linda...I'm kidding...don't read this post......She's actually great, I have 7 cars already! :happy feet:

Keep on cruisin'

Neil

It would be a dream to have all 3 in classic white/blue....maybe we'll meet up at a Shelby event and take a photo, since it's not likely the wife would ever consider letting me buy one. :hysterical2:

Linda...I'm kidding...don't read this post......She's actually great, I have 7 cars already! :happy feet:

Keep on cruisin'

Neil

Wow! You have got me beat. I am hoping to do more events in the near future. My business has kept me busy for the last twenty years and I am getting to the age where I would like to slow down a bit and enjoy life more. Take care. :shift:

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :shift: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I'll need one like that to match my set.

Here is another nice matching set.

th_Shelby-FordGT.jpg

Tony and Neil, you guys have great looking cars! I would love to own one of each too!

Here is another nice matching set.

th_Shelby-FordGT.jpg

Tony and Neil, you guys have great looking cars! I would love to own one of each too!

I wish I could have a matching pair as well. I keep hinting that idea to my better half but she does not seem to be listening. Are the cars you posted located in Canada?

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :shift: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I'll need one like that to match my set.

Beautiful cars! My wife & I have a '67 and '07 also. I love the way yours are a matching set, unfortunately they didn't come out with Dark Moss Green in '07, so I went with Red & White.

Here's a link to my photobucket album that has some pictures of them and a few other cars to look at.

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd57/ow...NSCAMERA212.jpg

Beautiful cars! My wife & I have a '67 and '07 also. I love the way yours are a matching set, unfortunately they didn't come out with Dark Moss Green in '07, so I went with Red & White.

Here's a link to my photobucket album that has some pictures of them and a few other cars to look at.

I love the green on that '67. She's real purdy. :wub:

I wish I could have a matching pair as well. I keep hinting that idea to my better half but she does not seem to be listening. Are the cars you posted located in Canada?

Quite frankly, this I a pic that I downloaded a some months back as I found it cool to have my 2 dream cars in one single pic. Personally, I would love to have red/white GT to match my GT500.

I don't remember the location of the 2 cars on the picture, but I'm pretty sure this is in the US. Ford GTs are even more rare around here, as they were not imported to Canada during the first production year due to strictest safety requirements here. Only 200 or so were imported to Canada during the 2006 model year, once Ford made the necessary change to the rear bumper to make the car compliant around here.

Thanks....you have nice color combo too!.....Could be Christmas colors or Italian flag! :happy feet:

Any color combo - they are all great cars! Enjoy!

FORD GT BOOK

Those interested in Shelby's role in the Ford GT

can find some mention of it in the book

Ford GT40 and the New Ford GT

by Al Axelrod, Brian Winer and Wallace Wyss

Here's specs:

224 pages

hardbound

32 pages colour

over 100 b & w pictures

parts of the book were reviewed by two Ford GT engineers, among them Mr. Hannemann--the chief engineer

book is found on ebay most weekends, retails for $59.95

It is not available from MBI or other mass distributors since it is a private

printing, limited edition, with less books printed than there are of Ford GTs sold in '05 and '06 model years

Archived