TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dyno Results - Load Bearing vs. Dynojet

07TungGT500Cpe

Sorry for the ignorance but would someone be so kind as to explain what one might expect from what I understand are two types of dyno machines available? Given that all variables are equal, will RWHP be the same or is there a variance between the two? I ask in light of the fact that I am seeing posts that are claiming 532RWHP with just a CAI and tune while some that are adding a 2.6 pulley to the same are claiming the same number or even as low as 515RWHP. What gives? :huh: Thanks in advance.

532RWHP with just a CAI and tune while some that are adding a 2.6 pulley to the same are claiming the same number or even as low as 515RWHP. What gives? :huh: Thanks in advance.

That is what the KR gets with only +40 flyweel HP with just CAI and tune would net

around 480-490 RWHP.............

Every type of dyno will give u varying results ... and this goes for the person whos monitering it as well. I chose a dyno jet system at a reliable shop ... made sure they hooked up their sensor for A/F ratio above the cats ..... so u get a good credible reading.

I chose the dyno for alot of forum members have used it and it allowed me to get what I thought was a good base on where I was at stock .. and with my stage I ... and than later stage II ...

I recomend using a dyno jet for those reasons

Every type of dyno will give u varying results ... and this goes for the person whos monitering it as well. I chose a dyno jet system at a reliable shop ... made sure they hooked up their sensor for A/F ratio above the cats ..... so u get a good credible reading.

I chose the dyno for alot of forum members have used it and it allowed me to get what I thought was a good base on where I was at stock .. and with my stage I ... and than later stage II ...

I recomend using a dyno jet for those reasons

I used a dyno-jet as well it came in at 451rwhp, then added the cold air with tune and on the fifth run results of 489rwhp. Jay at jlt performance helped me alot.

I used a dyno-jet as well it came in at 451rwhp, then added the cold air with tune and on the fifth run results of 489rwhp. Jay at jlt performance helped me alot.

Okay guys, thanks for the input. I've been out a few days and finally got back to this post. I had heard that even identical cars with identical mods will or can dyno quite differently, and that the results from a dyno-jet versus a load bearing dynometre (sp?) will be about 10% to 15% different in RWHP numbers and torque numbers. I just had a CAI, 2.6 pulley and new tune installed and the results are 498RWHP and torque at 514. I have been reading here that with that set-up, JLT and/or Evo are getting numbers that are much higher in RWHP by about 30 to 40 RWHP. Can this be the result of the dynos? If I were to put the car on a Dyno-Jet would the numbers be different than what I already have? Is there a conversion factor that can be used to then translate the RWHP to the HP at the crank, i.e. 498RWHP equals what HP at the crank? Thanks in advance for the input.

Is there a conversion factor that can be used to then translate the RWHP to the HP at the crank, i.e. 498RWHP equals what HP at the crank? Thanks in advance for the input.

I believe the drive train loss number being used most for the GT500 is 12%. That being the case, 498 rwhp would be 567 at the crank.

Sorry for the ignorance but would someone be so kind as to explain what one might expect from what I understand are two types of dyno machines available? Given that all variables are equal, will RWHP be the same or is there a variance between the two? I ask in light of the fact that I am seeing posts that are claiming 532RWHP with just a CAI and tune while some that are adding a 2.6 pulley to the same are claiming the same number or even as low as 515RWHP. What gives? :huh: Thanks in advance.

My dynojet is load bearing. It can be run in inertia mode, or load added with the eddy current unit. Running the car both ways results in very very similar #s, less than 1% variance.

We're seeing such a wide variance in GT500 dyno results due to different air conditions and temperatures. A heat soaked car is going to produce lower #s, and a cool car on a cool night is going to produce much better numbers.

All properly working dynojets read the same from one dyno to the next. I have verified this on my own dynojets (I build dyno trailers so I've owned several).

My dynojet is load bearing. It can be run in inertia mode, or load added with the eddy current unit. Running the car both ways results in very very similar #s, less than 1% variance.

We're seeing such a wide variance in GT500 dyno results due to different air conditions and temperatures. A heat soaked car is going to produce lower #s, and a cool car on a cool night is going to produce much better numbers.

All properly working dynojets read the same from one dyno to the next. I have verified this on my own dynojets (I build dyno trailers so I've owned several).

This is precisely what had me concerned in that regardless of the method that I would have what seem to be low numbers for adding perfomance via a CAI (114mm), 2.6 pulley and SCT tune, 3" S/S exhaust from the cross member back, mufflers and 3.73 rear gears to get on the only pull made thus far 498RWHP and 514# of torque. It just seems low and I am waiting for a copy of the results since their scan is currently down.

Archived