TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Something you guys might want to check for....

LSR

My pal came by yesterday in his Evo. Performance Stage 4 GT500. The car also had 4.10 gears and Nos also. Man those headers sound sweet, I can't wait to get them on my car. Well he let me drive as he was on the hunt for hotwheels. My pal is a huge Mustang fan and has over 6000 hot wheels as well as several 1:18 scale cars. Infact his christmans tree orniments are all hot wheels. I also found 5 red w white stripe 07 GT500 hot wheels at Toys R Us and I now have 3 of them.

Once we returned to my house, he was admiring how clean my car was and checking out my new SHELBY windshild banner. I am surprise I never caught this, but my pal pointed out to me a 3 inch split/rip on the edge of my dash pad. In the area of the defrost vent while he was looking through the windshield.

Looks like I will be making a trip to the dealer. This is a place I would have never looked and I am sure most don't inspect. So you guys might want to check that area as well for rips along the edge of the dash pad closest to the windshild from one side to the other.

And as for my choice of gears, after driving my pals car, 4.10's are to much in my opinion for a heavly modded Shelby. I am going with 3.73's.

My pal came by yesterday in his Evo. Performance Stage 4 GT500. The car also had 4.10 gears and Nos also. Man those headers sound sweet, I can't wait to get them on my car. Well he let me drive as he was on the hunt for hotwheels. My pal is a huge Mustang fan and has over 4000 hot wheels as well as several 1:18 scale cars. Infact his christmans tree orniments are all hot wheels. I also found 5 red w white stripe 07 GT500 hot wheels at Toys R Us and I now have 3 of them.

Once we returned to my house, he was admiring how clean my car was and checking out my new SHELBY windshild banner. I am surprise I never caught this, but my pal pointed out to me a 3 inch split/rip on the edge of my dash pad. In the area of the defrost vent while he was looking through the windshield.

Looks like I will be making a trip to the dealer. This is a place I would have never looked and I am sure most don't inspect. So you guys might want to check that area as well for rips along the edge of the dash pad closest to the windshild from one side to the other.

And as for my choice of gears, after driving my pals car, 4.10's are to much for a modded street car. I am going with 3.73's.

thanks for the heads up

can you post a picture please

I disagree (meaning I agree with the others :hysterical2: ) I think 3.73's are perfect!

I disagree/disagree ... a double negative ='s 410 gears :hysterical2:

:headspin: I had alot of fun too LSR, I'm glad you had fun driving my car, I love it too, Yes I'm a die hard fan of all things ford, and will one day have the largest ford toy museum in the WORLD, sorry a little crazy there, But alot of people have given me many mustangs over the years, I have hunted down many with freinds, As for the 4:10's I think they are perfect for head snapping, But I still have to figure in when the cash cow comes home I will get my rims and tires on and it will give me a ratio of 3:90 which is in the middle of all sweet gear ratio"s, have fun, and I always accept mustangs toy donations for the worlds biggest display of the TANGS, One day will maybe offer the transportation museum the cars to put on display for awhile of all the Best built car in the world, The Ford Mustang, Later off too the Therapist, :hysterical2: Mickey

I disagree/disagree ... a double negative ='s 410 gears :hysterical2:

-1...........Which means I put a negative on your double negative :hysterical2: My 8th grade algebra tells me that's still a negative meaning 3.73 gears are definitely the way to go! :hysterical:

In all seriousness, I can't imagine 410s on this car. You'd run out of gear way too fast........not to mention tire tread :hysterical:

I think 28" slicks on 15" rims would do the trick or 20"s with 305 40 would also do the job, I went with the 4;10 like the Roush stage 2 we have a love em on both cars, Later Mickey

All of you are wrong.

3:90 is the perfect gear. :hysterical:

LSR, how bad is the dash?

Is it cut/split all the way through?

I would hate to have a shop pull out and replace my whole dash. :banghead:

It is bad to me, because it shouldn't be there and my buddy noticed it. But really, it is about 2 inches long and in the center a little line of leather that hasn't totally ripped yet as if it was holding it together and from ripping/spreading.

Trust me, I feel as you do about having my entire dash replaced. But the dealer I use really treat GT500's with the upmost respect. And they know my car is always in showroom condition.

What if you went to a much taller tire?

Well then you'd pull your effective gear ratio back down from 4.10 to around 3.90 or 3.73's or whatever depending upon how tall of tire you are putting on(but I know you already know this!).

...BUT...that's not Gary's goal. He likes good looks and autocrossing so he won't be going to a taller tire.

However he (and me) will be going to some form of stickier tire!!

-1...........Which means I put a negative on your double negative :hysterical2: My 8th grade algebra tells me that's still a negative meaning 3.73 gears are definitely the way to go! :hysterical:

In all seriousness, I can't imagine 410s on this car. You'd run out of gear way too fast........not to mention tire tread :hysterical:

Guys,

In the day you didn't even question using 411 gears...either that or being called a whimp. That's the way it was. Also, in today's world you can't go 150 miles an hour on the street, so why not have fun on the short run and beat those Vipers off the line etc. Now if you bought this car to road race you gotta do a lot more than any mods being discussed here. With 410's I'm at 80MPH at 2500 RPM's in 6th gear...now that aint too shabby is it?

Archived