TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT/SC

SGT

I'm picking mine up this Friday, no SC. Once the sting of buying the car has worn off with the wife, I'll make my mod shop appointment and take it back. Maybe by then I'll be able to decide between the Paxton and the Whipple.

Sweet! You know we're going to require pics of the new ride (while we're waiting for ous).

I believe my 05 Mustang GT stock will out perform my 08 GT500 stock

on the mountain road course........

Wieght dist. and handling better on the Mustang GT and Shelby GT..........

Stock GT500 is a Raw HP straight line car.......

:hysterical2: I can not wait to see the replys from the gt 500 folks.

I used to race a69 fairlane cobra 428 CJ motor. I passed everyone on the straits but on every corner I would get passed by everyone I passed on the straits. There is some truth to what you are saying, although I think a modern gt500 handles much better than my fairlane grocery getter.

I'm picking mine up this Friday, no SC. Once the sting of buying the car has worn off with the wife, I'll make my mod shop appointment and take it back. Maybe by then I'll be able to decide between the Paxton and the Whipple.

im getting excited for you Mark. 1 more day yea!!!!!!!!!!!! make sure to tell Adrienne, Cythnia, and Bud hey for me.

michael morris

The new GT500 is not the GT500 of the past - it will handle much better than you think!!

Check out some of the track videos on youtube.

I'm not positive but I think the chassis is the same on both cars. Also that would never happen unless the driver in the GT500 is not experienced and the driver in the 05 is a race car driver. The GT 500 has 400 pounds on the 05 but also has 200 more hp. I read an article on the GT500 handling and said that is was about the same a the 05.

I'm not positive but I think the chassis is the same on both cars. Also that would never happen unless the driver in the GT500 is not experienced and the driver in the 05 is a race car driver. The GT 500 has 400 pounds on the 05 but also has 200 more hp. I read an article on the GT500 handling and said that is was about the same a the 05.

I take my 05 Mustang GT on drives through the canyon winding road and spirated handling

around some of the sharpest curves at 35+MPH and the front end stays planted on the road

nicely with confidence........

Not the case with my 08 GT500; too much dipping and diving into the curves and I am

actually afraid of launching the car into the canyon..........

Are you getting your 2008 Shelby Gt supercharged at Shelby or an authorized mod shop?

My '08 is waiting to go into the mod shop where a Whipple will be installed. I am hoping for a January '08 completion date. Now if I could just talk SAI into selling me the Terlingua hood . . . . Jim

Archived