TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Chicago Area Members/owners check in here!

Curt A

Keith, Welcome & congratulations on your purchase. What color did you get?

Howdy. The 04 Cobra was torch red with white lemans stripes, so I figured that

I might go with the same color scheme on the GT 500. BUT, I saw a blue with white

stripes and fell in love, so that's the car that I bought.

How about yourself? What color do you have? Do you live in the area?

If you want it done right...VICTOR FORD the ONLY SVT dealer in the entire state of IL!

This is where SAI was more than happy to send my new scoop to saying htey knew them well and if I was able to go there they were all for it!

ONLY SVT Dealer in IL????

No, there are some SVT Dealers in Central IL.

Howdy. The 04 Cobra was torch red with white lemans stripes, so I figured that

I might go with the same color scheme on the GT 500. BUT, I saw a blue with white

stripes and fell in love, so that's the car that I bought.

How about yourself? What color do you have? Do you live in the area?

I have a red with white stripe. Blue is another color I considered. If I get a second one, it will be blue. PM sent.

I have a red with white stripe. Blue is another color I considered. If I get a second one, it will be blue. PM sent.

The red with white Lemans is awsome. Are there any plans for the local Shelby owners to get together this year? I bought mine at Packey Webb and they have annual SVT shows at the dealership. It would be great if someone could publish a calendar of shows where the Shelby owners could bring their cars and meet each other.

The red with white Lemans is awsome. Are there any plans for the local Shelby owners to get together this year? I bought mine at Packey Webb and they have annual SVT shows at the dealership. It would be great if someone could publish a calendar of shows where the Shelby owners could bring their cars and meet each other.

I have met other Mustang owners, from the area, at the Friday Night Cruise in Downers Grove.

Any Chicago area Shelby owners around???

Check in!!

Hello ladies and gents. Just found this Mid West forum and thread and I want to introduce myself.

Far southwest side of Chicago, just a few blocks from Alsip and Oak Lawn. I own a 2007 SGT #07SGT4729, and I love it. 4.5K miles now and parked for the winter, but spring is coming and I'd love to interact with any other Shelby owners and I don't care which Shelby it is.

I can be reached at "sergntmac@aol.com" and/or 312.401.1396, cell w/voice mail. I should mention that I'm not a kid, I'm 55 now and have been racing since the mid '60s. Worked at both Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge and Nickey Chevrolet back in the haydays of street racing in Chicago. I own two Legends 600 race cars today, one for circle track, the other for 1/4 mile. I'm old and slow, but not stupid. 30 years as a LEO too.

You know, I used to be back in the day when carborators and distributors where the norm, but now I'm pretty lost with all the electronics involved. I'd love to help, but wouldn't know where to begin. I do like the guages though.

Bennett

Today's technology thrives on OBDII data from hundreds of sensors all over the car. Readihg what the on-board computer reads is a lot better (and safer) than trusting analogue gauges. There are quite a few options today too. Name it, ScanGaugeII, AreoForce dual gauges, SCT live and GTPro come to mind.

Rather than plug those products here, they will come up fast in a google search. Very accurate data with quite a few features and almost zero plumbing. It will be a hard decision to pick just one. But, just plug them in to the OBDII port and get the real EEC 411 fast. Can't go wrong, the EEC is going to react to this 411, best to watch it yourself.

If you want it done right...VICTOR FORD the ONLY SVT dealer in the entire state of IL!

This is where SAI was more than happy to send my new scoop to saying htey knew them well and if I was able to go there they were all for it!

Victor Ford is ageless and very well known in high performance circles from the old days, but Sutton Ford in Matteson (Rt. 30 west of the I-57 interchange) has it going on too. In-house dyno, SCT custom tuning by Jerry VanDerlinde, SVT and FRP dealers, they will install FRP supercharger kits, and extend the factory warranty with stock pulleys. They race too, drove the first '05 Mustang in the 9.0s in both Outlaw and Renegade classes.

Speaking of custom tuning, there is Simpson Performance in Stillman Valley, just off Rt. 72 and just east of Byron Dragway. Corey tunes both SCT and DiabloSport, and has done all my tuning for the last few years. Great guy, drop me a line for his number?

Hope to hear from some of y'all, let's get together? Headed out to the World Drag Expo in Schamumburg this coming Sunday (20 Jan. 2008), drop me a line and maybe some of us can hook up?

http://www.worlddragexpo.com/home.html

Later, be safe.

Hello, Curt. My name is Keith and I just traded my 04 Cobra in for an 08 GT 500. I never though that I would find a better looking ride than the original 427 cobra, but the new GT 500's are running a very close 2nd. I liked the cobra, but the front end was ugly and there wasn't much that I could do to make it better.

Are you officially representing Team Shelby for the Chicago area? I live in Wheaton. What town do you live in?

Keith

I am a Team Shelby member but mearly just looking to see how many of us are in the Cook/Dupage area. I live in Wayne. Years ago I owned a 66 GT 289 FB and a 67 GT 390 FB[70's]. Maybe when the weather breaks we all can meet one night to show off our cars and mods.

Hello ladies and gents. Just found this Mid West forum and thread and I want to introduce myself.

Far southwest side of Chicago, just a few blocks from Alsip and Oak Lawn. I own a 2007 SGT #07SGT4729, and I love it. 4.5K miles now and parked for the winter, but spring is coming and I'd love to interact with any other Shelby owners and I don't care which Shelby it is.

I can be reached at "sergntmac@aol.com" and/or 312.401.1396, cell w/voice mail. I should mention that I'm not a kid, I'm 55 now and have been racing since the mid '60s. Worked at both Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge and Nickey Chevrolet back in the haydays of street racing in Chicago. I own two Legends 600 race cars today, one for circle track, the other for 1/4 mile. I'm old and slow, but not stupid. 30 years as a LEO too.

Today's technology thrives on OBDII data from hundreds of sensors all over the car. Readihg what the on-board computer reads is a lot better (and safer) than trusting analogue gauges. There are quite a few options today too. Name it, ScanGaugeII, AreoForce dual gauges, SCT live and GTPro come to mind.

Rather than plug those products here, they will come up fast in a google search. Very accurate data with quite a few features and almost zero plumbing. It will be a hard decision to pick just one. But, just plug them in to the OBDII port and get the real EEC 411 fast. Can't go wrong, the EEC is going to react to this 411, best to watch it yourself.

Victor Ford is ageless and very well known in high performance circles from the old days, but Sutton Ford in Matteson (Rt. 30 west of the I-57 interchange) has it going on too. In-house dyno, SCT custom tuning by Jerry VanDerlinde, SVT and FRP dealers, they will install FRP supercharger kits, and extend the factory warranty with stock pulleys. They race too, drove the first '05 Mustang in the 9.0s in both Outlaw and Renegade classes.

Speaking of custom tuning, there is Simpson Performance in Stillman Valley, just off Rt. 72 and just east of Byron Dragway. Corey tunes both SCT and DiabloSport, and has done all my tuning for the last few years. Great guy, drop me a line for his number?

Hope to hear from some of y'all, let's get together? Headed out to the World Drag Expo in Schamumburg this coming Sunday (20 Jan. 2008), drop me a line and maybe some of us can hook up?

http://www.worlddragexpo.com/home.html

Later, be safe.

My buddies and I used to stop by both Nickey's and Mr. Norms. Two cool dealerships back then.

I am a Team Shelby member but mearly just looking to see how many of us are in the Cook/Dupage area. I live in Wayne. Years ago I owned a 66 GT 289 FB and a 67 GT 390 FB[70's]. Maybe when the weather breaks we all can meet one night to show off our cars and mods.

Curt,

There will be LOTS of things going on this year for those of us in the MidWest. I am compiling a list of car shows and cruise nights all over the Chicagoland area so there is bound to be something for all. I also hope to be able to soon get moving on the Regional Team Shelby Clubs etc., so please feel free to post shows you hear of and ideas you have.

-Jeff

Curt,

There will be LOTS of things going on this year for those of us in the MidWest. I am compiling a list of car shows and cruise nights all over the Chicagoland area so there is bound to be something for all. I also hope to be able to soon get moving on the Regional Team Shelby Clubs etc., so please feel free to post shows you hear of and ideas you have.

-Jeff

-Jeff...Look around for a copy of Gearhead News? Comes out every two months and is free for the asking at any mod/high performance shop. It's a rather complete and up-to-date listing of events in the Chicagoland area.

If you can't find a copy, try www.gearheadnews.com or call Kurt Miller at 630/427.0409

Hello, Curt. Not sure that my replies are getting through. I have an 08 GT 500, just bought it from Packey Webb.

Blue with white stripes. I live in Wheaton.

Keith Watts

HELLO KEITH,

I got my o7 Gt500 from Packey Webb, they mades spending alot of money easy. Are they still going for 10k over sticker?

Hi, Curt. Got mine for about 5 over. Do you know if there are any GT 500 owners in and around the Wheaton area?

Thanks,

Keith

Look at the avatars. It shows where we live. I bought mine also from Packey Webb Ford. In case you didn't notice, I'm in Wayne.

Not technically a Shelby owner. But definitely a fan. I have a "poor man's shelby" 1968 GT/CS California Special signed by Carroll on the visor. Always took it to the Volo Shelby show - but they have stopped that last year after Carroll stopped coming. Casey

They haven't stopped the show.

http://volocars.com/news56.html

Good time was had by all!

-Jeff...Look around for a copy of Gearhead News? Comes out every two months and is free for the asking at any mod/high performance shop. It's a rather complete and up-to-date listing of events in the Chicagoland area.

If you can't find a copy, try www.gearheadnews.com or call Kurt Miller at 630/427.0409

Thanks! I'll look!

Looking forward to the spring! :-)

Welcome! Nice to have you!

Hello, Jeff. Keith here. I thought that I was fairly computer literate, but I can't seem

to find my way around these forums very well. Oh, well, I'll just keep trying. To sound

stupid, what is an avatar? I live in Wheaton and would like to meet some of the guys in

the area with Mustangs. From the pictures, they all look great. I just bought a 2008

GT 500, blue with white. Can you give me some help? Thanks.

Hello, Jeff. Keith here. I thought that I was fairly computer literate, but I can't seem

to find my way around these forums very well. Oh, well, I'll just keep trying. To sound

stupid, what is an avatar? I live in Wheaton and would like to meet some of the guys in

the area with Mustangs. From the pictures, they all look great. I just bought a 2008

GT 500, blue with white. Can you give me some help? Thanks.

Sure! Welcome!

In the upper area of the page you will see "My Controls" click that and you will be presented a page where you can set various options. Along the right side you will see some specific settings one of which is "Edit Avatar Settings" here you can select a picture to appear with your post, in my case the front grill of my car.

Hope that helps!

-Jeff

Archived