TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY Magazine

ShelbyDude

I noticed the chart they have showing the values of the 2007 GT500 today and up to 40 years from now.

This has to be a misprint.

It says,

07 SHELBY VALUES

GT500 FASTBACK

2007 $65,000*

2017 $65,000

2027 $225,000

2047 $300,000

* Not counting cost over sticker, which was about $20,000 at the beginning of the year.

OK, either the $65,000* should of read $45,000 or the disclaimer part should have the word "Not" omitted and say "COUNTING cost over sticker."

Sticker is NOT $65,000. It is around $45,000

So if the $65,000 is correct then it should state "counting cost over sticker".

If the NOT counting cost over sticker is correct, then the $65,000* should state $45,000*

I also notice they show the 2008 GT500 Fastback value at $75,000

Where did that come from and how did they arrive at that number?????

The 2008 has gone DOWN in value since most are selling for far less than the $20,000 over sticker the 2007's sold for.

Most 2008's seem to be selling in the $5,000 - $10,000 over range and that would put a more realistic value at $55,000 for the 2008. Not $75,000 which is $10,000 more than the 2007.

Did they estimate this and send this to print before the 2008's came out and just missed on their estimates????

ShelbyDude they're printing Ebay or Barrett-Jackson values :hysterical2:

Hey it's a little on the high side at this point but maybe it was written months ago when there still was a $20k ADM. It's Ok.

Yes, but WITH the $20K ADM the value is $65,000

They show the value at $65,000* and then say this is NOT including the $20K over sticker dealers were getting.

If the $65K is NOT including the $20K over sticker then that would mean these cars were bringing $85K with the $20K mark up.

$65,000 is no misprint.

Kelly Blue Book sows 2007 GT500's new and used for $65,000 with options.

This is how they were able to come up with current value.

The plus is for alot of us is this value wasn't stated earlier when most of us was buying our GT500's

You can see for yourself at:

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingRep...ition=Excellent

It will vary in different states, but here is what the blue book is on my car and I have 5100 miles on it.

Excellent - Five Stars

$64,655

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

* Illinois 11/11/2007

$65,000 is no misprint.

The plus is for alot of us is this value wasn't stated earlier when most of us was buying our GT500's

It will vary in different states, but here is what the blue book is on my car and I have 5100 miles on it.

Excellent - Five Stars

$64,655

"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

* Illinois 11/11/2007

KBB based the values on what the GT500 sold for reported by sales from dealers.

So I understand the value being made at $65,000.

The problem is the value is not $65K PLUS $20k over sticker.

It is $65,000 which INCLUDES the $20K over sticker dealers got.

So it IS in fact a misprint.

It is a misprint by saying the $65K value does NOT include the $20K over sticker. It most certainly DOES include the $20K over sticker. Sticker is no where close to $65K. Sticker is $20K below that.

If it is not a misprint then it is false information being given.

$65,000 is no misprint.

Excellent - Five Stars

$64,655

* Illinois 11/11/2007

BTW.....Try and get $65K for your car.

Do YOU honestly believe you can get $65K for it today?

What do you honestly think you can really get for it today if you were to sell it?

New one's are selling in the $5K - $10K over range with some being had for less.

What you can get it for it is what it is worth. If used with 5k miles is bringing $45k - $52k then that is what the value is. It is not $65k just because KBB states that on their website.

All those book values posted on KBB, NADA, Edmunds, etc.....mean nothing! They all show different values on the same year, make and model. So which one is right?

Book values are nothing more than merely a guideline being used in many cases they are way off on the values they report.

Reporting the 2007 values at $65K for NEW 07 GT500's is more accurate since many sold for $20K - $30K+ over MSRP.

USED is another story. USED is not bringing $65K or anywhere close to that.

To sit and even think these are worth $65K right now, used, is just a fantasy and wishful thinking. I would love for mine to be worth that but I know it would never bring anywhere near that!

But if you think these are worth that I will sell you mine for a real bargin. Only $60K and it is yours! That is $5K less than what you think it is worth. So you want to buy it????

You are asking the wrong person if it is a misprint. And I know somethings are hard to believe.

As for me getting $65K for my car today. Well like it or not, my insurance company says I could if my car needed to be replaced because $64+K is what their NADA book says. I took that as good news, so don't get your blood pressure up because you think it isn't so. My insurance company verified it when I called them after seeing it in disbelif myself.

And you say NADA books etc. means nothing, insurance companies and courts don't think so when you are requesting payment for something you loss, car boat, etc...

Hope it isn't a misprint after speaking with my insurance company. Heck I am :happy feet:

You are asking the wrong person if it is a misprint. And I know somethings are hard to believe.

As for me getting $65K for my car today. Well like it or not, my insurance company says I could if my car needed to be replaced because $64+K is what their NADA book says. I took that as good news, so don't get your blood pressure up because you think it isn't so. My insurance company verified it when I called them after seeing it in disbelif myself.

And you say NADA books etc. means nothing, insurance companies and courts don't think so when you are requesting payment for something you loss, car boat, etc...

Hope it isn't a misprint after speaking with my insurance company. Heck I am :happy feet:

If the mark value is $65K your insurance will pay that. But if your insurance company can buy another one for less they will either buy that one for you or offer you the amount they can buy it for.

For example, if your car is totaled tomorrow, the insurance company isn't going to just look at KBB and say, OK, hereya go! Here is $65K for ya!

What they are going to do first is they are going to try and find one they can buy. Likely a new one. If they can find one for $50K then they will offer to buy that car for you and if you don't want the car they will give you only $50K since that is what it can be replaced for.

I get calls from insurance companies all the time asking us for values and whether we have a certain vehicle available and what we sell it for if we do. If we have one like they are looking for they will tell the customer to come look at it. If they want it the insurance will buy it. If not, they will pay what they could have paid for the car. That's it! A value had been established and that is all they need.

My insurance will pay whatever the market value is as well. But they won't just go by what KBB or any other book value says, they will go by what they can replace it for by finding one they can buy.

What if KBB said the value was only $30K used. but you couldn't find any for $30K and the best you could find was $50K??? Are you going to agree to settle with the insurance because they said KBB shows it is only worth $30K??? Of course you wouldn't! You would demand them to go find you one for $30K to replace it with. Well it works both ways and this is exactly how they will handle in the event they had had a claim. Guarantee it!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but nothing can be further from the truth. Now if book values was he ONLY source available to show any kind of value then that may be correct. But those values can be disputed easily by going out and proving what actual market value is. Actual market value is what it can be purchased for today.

Yer honor, NADA says my car is worth $65K so that is what I want!

Yer honor, we have found 5 other 2007 GT500's all with 5K miles or less and we can buy any of the 5 between $45K and $50K. That puts the average value at $47,500 that we can replace the car for. We are willing to let MR LSR take his pick of the 5 we can buy or we are willing to pay the actual market value of $47,500 which we have established based on the actual cost of what this car can be purchased for.

So which source is now more credible? What some book says or what reality is???

If the mark value is $65K your insurance will pay that. But if your insurance company can buy another one for less they will either buy that one for you or offer you the amount they can buy it for.

For example, if your car is totaled tomorrow, the insurance company isn't going to just look at KBB and say, OK, hereya go! Here is $65K for ya!

What they are going to do first is they are going to try and find one they can buy. Likely a new one. If they can find one for $50K then they will offer to buy that car for you and if you don't want the car they will give you only $50K since that is what it can be replaced for.

I get calls from insurance companies all the time asking us for values and whether we have a certain vehicle available and what we sell it for if we do. If we have one like they are looking for they will tell the customer to come look at it. If they want it the insurance will buy it. If not, they will pay what they could have paid for the car. That's it! A value had been established and that is all they need.

My insurance will pay whatever the market value is as well. But they won't just go by what KBB or any other book value says, they will go by what they can replace it for by finding one they can buy.

What if KBB said the value was only $30K used. but you couldn't find any for $30K and the best you could find was $50K??? Are you going to agree to settle with the insurance because they said KBB shows it is only worth $30K??? Of course you wouldn't! You would demand them to go find you one for $30K to replace it with. Well it works both ways and this is exactly how they will handle in the event they had had a claim. Guarantee it!

I agree 100%, well said.

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it would be about the caption of the picture above the Super Snake on page 18. It seems to infer that they are making 40th Anniverasary editions of the 2008 model. I thought only the 2007's could have the 40th Anniversary package installed.

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it would be about the caption of the picture above the Super Snake on page 18. It seems to infer that they are making 40th Anniverasary editions of the 2008 model. I thought only the 2007's could have the 40th Anniversary package installed.

I didn't see that, but just checked. You are correct. It says it, but it is suppose to be 40th on 07's only.

Here is what it says:

"Shelby is commemorating the 40th anniversary of the GT500 with a special 40th anniversary package for '07-'08 GT500's."

I guess that is two misprints now! LOL

I didn't see that, but just checked. You are correct. It says it, but it is suppose to be 40th on 07's only.

Here is what it says:

"Shelby is commemorating the 40th anniversary of the GT500 with a special 40th anniversary package for '07-'08 GT500's."

I guess that is two misprints now! LOL

SAI can only call the KR a 40th anniversary car for 08.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived