TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hey, new here with a couple of questions

bung

Hello folks,

Hope you don't mind a couple of questions right off the bat. I've spent some time looking through the posts and see where this is a great forum with great folks.

1. My wife wants a SGT, I drive a Jetta TDI (40mpg), but she really loves the muscle cars. Are there many women out there driving SGT's? I think she'd look HOT driving it myself. I rented her a Hertz Shelby out in Vegas this spring and she barely let me drive it.

2 Local dealer here has a used 07, with 5,500 miles, It's black, with the Shaker 1000, it's in the showroom and looks great. I can't find any problems with the car. He's asking $34,900, told me last night he'd sell it for $32,900. Does that sound like a deal?

Thanks

Hello,

Welcome to the forums. I can tell you that I drove the Hertz last year and loved it I barely let Robert drive it. . I also am looking into buying the new Shelby GT Blue Convert. I love this car. I have not looked into pricing yet, but seems like a fair price, but some would know more than me about that.

Sharon

Hello folks,

Hope you don't mind a couple of questions right off the bat. I've spent some time looking through the posts and see where this is a great forum with great folks.

1. My wife wants a SGT, I drive a Jetta TDI (40mpg), but she really loves the muscle cars. Are there many women out there driving SGT's? I think she'd look HOT driving it myself. I rented her a Hertz Shelby out in Vegas this spring and she barely let me drive it.

2 Local dealer here has a used 07, with 5,500 miles, It's black, with the Shaker 1000, it's in the showroom and looks great. I can't find any problems with the car. He's asking $34,900, told me last night he'd sell it for $32,900. Does that sound like a deal?

Thanks

...I don't think there are many but there are atleast a couple on here. Sdear drives a Shelby GT as her daily and Amy B. the president of Shelby owns two I think. A white 2007 and a Grabber Orange 2008.

On your second question, the MSRP for that car should have been around $40-41K depending on the other options. I am assuming leather and the Interior Upgrade package.

Lastly, if it is going to make her happy it's worth it.

Hello,

Welcome to the forums. I can tell you that I drove the Hertz last year and loved it I barely let Robert drive it. . I also am looking into buying the new Shelby GT Blue Convert. I love this car. I have not looked into pricing yet, but seems like a fair price, but some would know more than me about that.

Sharon

Miss Sharon, i just happen to have 2 SGT convertibles. they are still at SAI and we can send them to the mod shop if you want??

just wanted you to know :happy feet:

michael morris

I rented a vert GT-H in ATL last month for 5 days and let my husband drive it once - and that was at night with the top up after I had a few drinks. Having been bit, I ordered a vert SGT Oct 10 much to the husbands dismay ("you don't have to buy everything you test you know", was the last thing he said on the subject). However, he did tell me I looked pretty d*mn good sitting in it and driving it and he's almost as excited as I am to see her arrive.

So in case you're taking votes, my vote is for you to buy one!!!!

Hello folks,

Thanks

Your wife sounds like a very smart woman !

Although I am "one of the guys " :hysterical2: I happen to be female ! :hysterical2:

I am almost 50...and well I am not "hot " anymore..........this is one hot car !!!

Sounds like a fairly good deal on that car..but heck...get her a new convertible !!

You will find yourself selling that Jetta before long :rip:

I haven't seen black book or blue book prices on used SGTs anywhere, but the leftover 07s that are sitting around are going for under MSRP, at least with Ford rebates - I would think that 32-33k would be a good price, though, if it's in perfect shape. Ck out rebates on 08s first, though, & go from there. You can point out that there are a bunch of new 07s sitting on dealer lots all over the country, though, if that helps with negotiations.

He're a pic of my wife at Lake Mead back in March. We ran into another couple that had rented one and had a photo op!

Vegas_206__Medium_.jpg

Did she drive around all day in that swimsuit? If she did.....BUY HER THE CAR DUMMY!! LOL :hysterical2:

Hello folks,

Thanks

welcome to the forum ,

my wife drives our baby to work a couple days out of the week cause i have a construction truck , she loves it too , on the weekends i get to always drive though because i dont use it during the week ! i believe there are a few female SGT drivers on the forum here !

i believe that if you can get it for that much you are getting a good deal , i paid for mine new and have no complaints of my baby Shelby , love it !!!!

good luck on getting one and getting wheel time if your wife wants it !!!! :hysterical2:

A very attractive wife who loves muscle cars and wants to buy a Shelby Mustang GT for herself – you have to be kidding. Buy her whatever she wants since He only made ten of those models. :D

LMAO, so true man, so true. What was I thinking???

Definitly, buy her the car. But, you might regret later that its HERS and not YOURS!! :yup:

I'm sure it'd be no time until he traded his "W" for a snake :hysterical2:

Yeah, he'd need to get a GT500 for sure. :happy feet:

Just make sure you get white...they ARE the fastest cars.

Well, the negotiations fell through last night so I walked. They called today and left a VM for me on my cell, I'll let them stew over it.

I did find a spot on the rear bumper where the striping tape got messed up. It's about the size of a quarter, how hard is it to fix?

Thanks

Archived