TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Non-svt dealers and gt 500's

Hey everybody,

I've been around this site for about a year now and am just now a member and this is my first post. But the question I have is, I want to order a gt500 from my local ford dealer, but it is not an svt-certified dealer. Will I be able to order the car from this dealer or not? I read somewhere that all ford dealerships could sell these cars, but i've also heard that svt only dealers can sell them.

Hey everybody,

I've been around this site for about a year now and am just now a member and this is my first post. But the question I have is, I want to order a gt500 from my local ford dealer, but it is not an svt-certified dealer. Will I be able to order the car from this dealer or not? I read somewhere that all ford dealerships could sell these cars, but i've also heard that svt only dealers can sell them.

my understanding is that any Ford dealer in the US can sell a shelby, they can get one in 07 and one in 08, but they have to submit some type of paperwork, and agree to a payment. Have heard that it will be 1500. Both a salesman and a service tech also have to complete some type of test. Apparently very easy and is online. If they have not done this they need to get on the stick. Have heard that there is a cutoff date, possibly as soon as 5/26. Dealers that have a presidential award and/or a large share of mustangs sold will get a additional allocation of shelbies. the specifics are someone in this forum. Good luck with this. Hopefully your dealer is aware of the requirements, but some of the smaller ones don't do such a good job of reading mail and online notices.

I actually ran into a dealer in south Kansas that was not going to get his two shelbies because it was just too much trouble. Hard to believe he was passing up such an easy sale.

Hey everybody,

If your in Canada your out of Luck. Shelby `s will only be allotted to S.V.T dealers.

Shelby001

Archived