TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hot Rod Magazine July Issue!

trmn8er

watch out for the adm on this issue

sorry, I couldn't resist :D

Actually, I really enjoyed the sidebar on the upgrades that will be available from FRP. It looks to be easy to get this beast up to 700 hp or so without a whole lot of trouble and expense (3.3 twin screw and tune). Just be prepared to lose your warranty.

watch out for the adm on this issue

sorry, I couldn't resist :D

Actually, I really enjoyed the sidebar on the upgrades that will be available from FRP. It looks to be easy to get this beast up to 700 hp or so without a whole lot of trouble and expense (3.3 twin screw and tune). Just be prepared to lose your warranty.

ADM...lol your a sick one! :hysterical:

Where are you reading about this sidebar stuff from? TIA.

SVTpower - YES. I feel the same way about that site...too many trolls.

The article said they had to sneak away for a very quick single run with an uncalibrated Gtech and a "smoky" rich tune. The tires were blazing. Someone at STVperformance needs to teach those boys how to read.

The article said they had to sneak away for a very quick single run with an uncalibrated Gtech and a "smoky" rich tune. The tires were blazing. Someone at STVperformance needs to teach those boys how to read.

The problem with the boys on svtperformance is that they are used to their terminators being the top dog. Now here is a faster, more powerful, much better looking, better in every category car,and they are stuck still paying for their terminators so they can't afford it. To make themselves feel better about now being second best, they grasp at any little straw to talk down about the GT500. Simple jealousy, and I love it.

I officially removed that link off my favourites today at work and my home pc

The problem with the boys on svtperformance is that they are used to their terminators being the top dog. Now here is a faster, more powerful, much better looking, better in every category car,and they are stuck still paying for their terminators so they can't afford it. To make themselves feel better about now being second best, they grasp at any little straw to talk down about the GT500. Simple jealousy, and I love it.

Very Well Put!! :hysterical:

Did anyone notice that the sidebar artical also mentions that Ford has already installed air diverters behind the lower grill near the driving lamps? Aparantly all you have to do to get air-cooled brakes, is to just connect a couple of air duct hoses to the diverters with clamps and then route the hose.

Very cool.

Did anyone notice that the sidebar artical also mentions that Ford has already installed air diverters behind the lower grill near the driving lamps? Aparantly all you have to do to get air-cooled brakes, is to just connect a couple of air duct hoses to the diverters with clamps and then route the hose.

No, I didn't notice, but it would be helpful - especially when road racing or running hard on hot days! :shift:

No, I didn't notice, but it would be helpful - especially when road racing or running hard on hot days! :shift:

Thank you...Im caught up now! I did spot this issue on a newsstand and looked it over. 12.9@111 ~ driver technique plays a big role, plus, it's trying to move a 4000# plus automoble. Unfortunately it's not a 3300# car. I would have been very surprised to see them report back a 116 mph speed...

This is a sad day almost $10,000 more than the 03-04 Cobra's not counting the EBAY markup and it turns in the same times whats up with that. Ford f**k this one really bad, 500 horsepower and alot more torque than a M5 BMW and the BMW will outrun it too, not to mention the AMG 55 4 door Merecedes too. Either Ford lied about the horsepower and its 1999 again or thats one slow ass GT500. I have been looking forward to this car and what a let down. Us Ford guys are screwed for that much money it should have beaten the reg. C6 in a striaght line," but I did not expect it to run with the C6 Z06" but should have out run the reg C6 in at least the striaght line. I hope this was a fluke or something. I do not know what to do now. I guess I could get a base 2007 GT spend 20,000 dollars and still have money left over and be a hell of alot faster. I would buy it on a x-plan only its to much money for so little performance at MSRP. So to outrun a reg C6 I will have to void my warranty on a 40,000 + car thats not for me, maybe I will have too buy a C6, I can not believe I said that! Whats this world coming too a when Ford guy says something like that. you guys need to read the new Car and Driver it was not good day for the GT500.

The problem I have with this new GT 500 is the price; it is almost $20,000 dollars more than a regular Mustang GT. If you had almost 20,000 to spend on a GT you could put that car into orbit almost. The 03 were at most 9,000 dollars more than a regular GT. So now we have to pay almost double that and 3 years later and get the same performance. Every new Cobra was faster than the last one until now this new one gives the same performance as the last one but maybe rides better, has no IRS and has a 500 horsepower motor that does not perform like one. I was really looking forward to this car now I'm just real disappointed in FORD for dropping the ball on this car. It maybe in the 500 horsepower club but it ends up being the slowest 500 horsepower car by a long distance. Shoot it can barely keep up with a 400 horsepower car. I was ready for a new Mustang because I really like the looks of the new one over my 03 Cobra. The Shelby will not be the top Mustang Ford killed it by not putting it on a diet. A 03 with the same power will wax it since stock for stock they both turn in the same times which is very sad. I was really ready for a new top dog. Call me a troll if you like. But I'm really just a disappointed Ford guy that has a GT500 on order. Sure I was not expecting it to handle as well as a vette but I was expecting it to beat a regular vette in a straight line. I do not know what to do now.

The problem I have with this new GT 500 is the price; it is almost $20,000 dollars more than a regular Mustang GT. If you had almost 20,000 to spend on a GT you could put that car into orbit almost. The 03 were at most 9,000 dollars more than a regular GT. So now we have to pay almost double that and 3 years later and get the same performance. Every new Cobra was faster than the last one until now this new one gives the same performance as the last one but maybe rides better, has no IRS and has a 500 horsepower motor that does not perform like one. I was really looking forward to this car now I'm just real disappointed in FORD for dropping the ball on this car. It maybe in the 500 horsepower club but it ends up being the slowest 500 horsepower car by a long distance. Shoot it can barely keep up with a 400 horsepower car. I was ready for a new Mustang because I really like the looks of the new one over my 03 Cobra. The Shelby will not be the top Mustang Ford killed it by not putting it on a diet. A 03 with the same power will wax it since stock for stock they both turn in the same times which is very sad. I was really ready for a new top dog. Call me a troll if you like. But I'm really just a disappointed Ford guy that has a GT500 on order. Sure I was not expecting it to handle as well as a vette but I was expecting it to beat a regular vette in a straight line. I do not know what to do now.

Ahh sell it to me at half price, just kidding Cobra.

Seriously, ware are you guys getting this data from? The HotRod mag already said the test was not a serious one and that the engines were not tuned for a performance or final run.

So just try and relax until a true performance test can be run on these cars and then if you are right.. Well I do not think we will have another thread like this once the car mags get their hand on these cars.

Hang in there.

Ahh sell it to me at half price, just kidding Cobra.

Seriously, ware are you guys getting this data from? The HotRod mag already said the test was not a serious one and that the engines were not tuned for a performance or final run.

So just try and relax until a true performance test can be run on these cars and then if you are right.. Well I do not think we will have another thread like this once the car mags get their hand on these cars.

Hang in there.

GOD I HOPE YOUR RIGHT !

Shelby 001

Car and Driver got a 12.9 at 112mph which is not good. Motor Trend got a 12.7 at 116 mph which is alot better. Hope the Motor Trend is the case for the production ones.

:shift: 116 is an easy 11 sec timeslip. My older 82 GT ran 11.8 @116 on dot J60 M&H tires still spinning out of the hole.

Archived