TEAM SHELBY FORUM

***Autocross***

Super Snake

We met at Moroso WPB today for RE Autocross Championship Weekend, today was practice

Super Snake, Dactyl and JAS437. We made 8 passes

What a blast it was

Dactyls car is smoken fast

heres some pix

th_IMG_0792.jpg

th_IMG_0790.jpg

th_IMG_0789.jpg

th_IMG_0788.jpg

th_IMG_0784.jpg

th_IMG_0780.jpg

th_IMG_0756.jpg

th_IMG_0755.jpg

th_IMG_0744.jpg

th_IMG_0742.jpg

Way to go lonnie

It looks like you had a great time ... Need to come over some time and go racing with you guys

Super

We gotta get you out to Sebring some time. This was an absolute blast and a great way to blow off a Saturday. Your words are too kind on my car be in smokin' fast, if I could only figure out how to drive a car with over 550 ft. lbs. of torque. It was fun driving sideways again. I should have stayed and gone drifting tonight!! :hysterical:

You drove the wheels off of your car today. Great lines and good track management.

Think you can keep up with John and I at Sebring? You'll get hooked even harder after you get on a big track like Moroso, Sebring or Homestead.

Can't wait to get together again. Awesome day with great buds.

dactyl

We met at Moroso WPB today for RE Autocross Championship Weekend, today was practice

Super Snake, Dactyl and JAS437. We made 8 passes

What a blast it was

Dactyls car is smoken fast

heres some pix

th_IMG_0792.jpg

th_IMG_0790.jpg

th_IMG_0789.jpg

th_IMG_0788.jpg

th_IMG_0784.jpg

th_IMG_0780.jpg

th_IMG_0756.jpg

th_IMG_0755.jpg

th_IMG_0744.jpg

th_IMG_0742.jpg

Way to go lonnie

It looks like you had a great time ... Need to come over some time and go racing with you guys

you know you would love it Don

Super

We gotta get you out to Sebring some time. This was an absolute blast and a great way to blow off a Saturday. Your words are too kind on my car be in smokin' fast, if I could only figure out how to drive a car with over 550 ft. lbs. of torque. It was fun driving sideways again. I should have stayed and gone drifting tonight!! :hysterical:

You drove the wheels off of your car today. Great lines and good track management.

Think you can keep up with John and I at Sebring? You'll get hooked even harder after you get on a big track like Moroso, Sebring or Homestead.

Can't wait to get together again. Awesome day with great buds.

dactyl

I would love to join you and John at Sebring, no doubt I will get hooked

I have the answers for your car...SLICKS!

It was great meeing you and John

can't wait to do it again

Next mods for me:

3.73 gears

Brake Duct Kit (Agent 47)

Porterfield Racing Brake Pads

Dot 4 Fluid

Front Sway Bar

Panhard Bar, Panhard Bar Brace

Silver Horse Racing Louvers

Whipple 2.9

Shelby Razors when the stock rubber wears out

Stock wheels, with racing slicks. :happy feet:

and the list just keeps getting better. :headspin:

As my father has told me repeatedly, "a fool and his money are soon parted"

and he has an airplane, talk about seperating yourself with your money. :hysterical::hysterical2:

you know you would love it Don

I would love to join you and John at Sebring, no doubt I will get hooked

I have the answers for your car...SLICKS!

It was great meeing you and John

can't wait to do it again

Just gets my blood pumping really hard !!

The four of us should hook up at Sebring at the next NASA event for a weekend ....that would be a hoot

The four of us should hook up at Sebring at the next NASA event for a weekend ....that would be a hoot

When is it?

I'm in :happy feet:

I'm off to the track for day 2 :happy feet:

That's JAS427's car. He was going for the stealth look and removed the front Cobra. He also did the factory stripe delete with Red/Black interior. According to the build sheets by SVT he has 1 of 11 stripe delete white cars and who knows how many of those were made with the Red/Black interior. It's got a nice roll bar install. He runs the hell out of it all over the place.

Why is the Cobra missing on this car?

How far away are you?

If I trailer my car, do you have a place for me to park?

When is Sebring?

Do you have a guest room? :hysterical:

Next Nasa event at Sebring International speedway is in 2008. The schedule hasnt been released for the 2008 season.

THis gives me a reason now to finally fix my dang blang $#)*@Q*^*@^#^$ transmission in my SHO.

When the schedule comes out lets all plan a get together in the in the 1st QTR of 2008 for the four of us and see if anyone else wants to come :happy feet:

SHO

www.safemotorsports.com released their schedule for 2008 already. Do you or have you run with these guys? I have and have had a great time everytime because of the open track philosophy.

They are going to Moroso on April 19 and back to Sebring (your backyard) May 10. Multiple trips to Sebring after that. Best part is first come first serve. They limit the field to 65 participants.

NASA is great but they do limit your time for all of the different classes and run groups.

Just a thought.

Van

Next Nasa event at Sebring International speedway is in 2008. The schedule hasnt been released for the 2008 season.

THis gives me a reason now to finally fix my dang blang $#)*@Q*^*@^#^$ transmission in my SHO.

When the schedule comes out lets all plan a get together in the in the 1st QTR of 2008 for the four of us and see if anyone else wants to come :happy feet:

Lonnie looks like you guys had a great time. Wish I was down there with my car too. Nice vid too the straight didn't look too long though . Did you guys run in 3rd gear all the way around ?

Thanks for sharing the pics and vid.

George........

It's days like those that make you want to hurry up with the mods. :headspin:

The event was actually held on Moroso's Go-Cart Track and the sponsors did mix it up a little bit. Needless to say it was difficult at times trying to get the car position correctly for entering turns because they came up so quick.

To answer an earlier question. We never got out of 2nd gear after the start.

I like the idea of a "permanent" course layout. It would allow you to get very proficient over time. Our NASA club would always have a different layout at each meet.

The event was actually held on Moroso's Go-Cart Track and the sponsors did mix it up a little bit. Needless to say it was difficult at times trying to get the car position correctly for entering turns because they came up so quick.

To answer an earlier question. We never got out of 2nd gear after the start.

Wow that is a tight track, I ran the 1.2 mile LimeRock in 3rd & 4th and I did quite a few laps all in 4th only (just to try to be smoother ). That must have been a challenge to be smooth with the throttle without breaking the tires loose using just 2nd gear. I have about 556 rwhp with 373's ,with all that torque & power I found it difficult to be smooth and linear with the throttle even in 4th gear.( limited on track experience with a car this powerful)

Autocross is a great place to practice with brake & throttle transition and learning your particular vehicle dynamics.

George.......

Why is the Cobra missing on this car? JAS427 took it off ask him

How far away are you? 90 min from Sebring

If I trailer my car, do you have a place for me to park? yes

When is Sebring? don't know yet

Do you have a guest room? :hysterical:yes I do

SHO

www.safemotorsports.com released their schedule for 2008 already. Do you or have you run with these guys? I have and have had a great time everytime because of the open track philosophy.

They are going to Moroso on April 19 and back to Sebring (your backyard) May 10. Multiple trips to Sebring after that. Best part is first come first serve. They limit the field to 65 participants.

NASA is great but they do limit your time for all of the different classes and run groups.

Just a thought.

Van

Van

I will look into this. I agree NASA does limit your time on the track with all the different groups. No i hadnt heard of it before but going to check the web page out right now

Thanks !

Lonnie looks like you guys had a great time. Wish I was down there with my car too. Nice vid too the straight didn't look too long though . Did you guys run in 3rd gear all the way around ?

Thanks for sharing the pics and vid.

George........

It's days like those that make you want to hurry up with the mods. :headspin:

track is .9 miles

never got out of 2nd gear, in fact 373's would have knocked off a second on my times, I tried 1st gear but the car was way to torquie.

is that a word, torquie? The course was more technical in nature and you have to approach it like that to be fast. This 4000 pound car would rather be on the big 2.25 mile roadcourse sitting a hundred yards away.

Sunday the club officials added a 5 cone slalom just off the start which really threw me off.

I was very conservative not to hit the cones, that cost me s few seconds, I didn't have one penalty in 4 runs so I was happy about that.

I'll post pix later today or tomorrow :happy feet:

Oh and I can't wait to share pix of a 2007 GT350 Clone :hysterical2:

Archived