TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who is thinking Terlingua?

robertlane

Hey thanks for the response.

At first I thought perhaps the same - too flashy, but now I feel the opposite. 001 actually came through the area with a team of writers and they, the writers loved the car. They also let us lcoal folks know that wherever they went people loved the car. Finally, to my joy all the locals who saw it loved the look and the car. We have pictures now of local people admiring it. It was a big hit.

That combined with the reveiws and perormance and this is a great car in my opinion. Also, it completely matches its intent.

I am looking forward to mine wholeheartedly.

David

Welcome to the site and CONGRATS, David!!

-

08SGT.. I think this is the engine that will go in the '67 continuation version ...408CID 525HP SBF by carcraft. Should be real kick in the pants :)

Dan

Dan

Good to be on board and thanks for the welcome!

David

Mark me on the list too. Picked up a used 07 Grabber Orange coupe at a great price.

Now to figure out where the closest authorized mod shop will be to Maryland.

Where can I find a list of mod shops and when will the Base Packs be available?

Car will be shared with my 16 yr old son so will be staying away from the Performance Pack upgrades,

well at least for a while.

Hey way to go on getting the Grabber Orange '07! Should look awesome with the Terlingua colors and package. The handling from what I read and hear will be great with the base package and the reasoning for staying there makes a whole lotta sense to me. It will be an eyecatcher and fun no doubt!

I am no expert, so others please correct me if I am wrong. But what I have found out is that there are three locations for the Terlingua package, post title and when available - not sure when that will be yet. They are the Las Vegas facility, Quantum in Dallas (they have been awesome to work with for me so far in my experience with them) and Tasca in Rhode Island.

Let me know how it goes for you if you get the chance.

I am so excited about this project - cannot remember anything getting me this pumped in a long time.

Best of luck,

David

Thanks, David!

That's what I had thought about official Mod shops, but couldn't find a source of that information anymore.

I guess it's hurry up and wait time for both of us until the packages are released.

Wonder if I could buy a kit and have a local shop install it if there's no Mod Shop closer to

me than TASCA Ford up in New England?

Thanks, David!

That's what I had thought about official Mod shops, but couldn't find a source of that information anymore.

I guess it's hurry up and wait time for both of us until the packages are released.

Wonder if I could buy a kit and have a local shop install it if there's no Mod Shop closer to

From what I can learn the parts will not be sold seperately, probably for the best as it will keep the car unique and registered with Shelby. Although the waiting is the hardest...

Glad to hear from others also waiting - I am sure it will be worth it once it is here.

Your other option is to have the car shipped to one of the mod shops as they are fairly far from you. The car I purchased is in Oregon and I am in Texas, thus I have had this experience. I actually found a new on the lot 2007 black coupe that was perfect, except for being 2000 miles away. The shipping was not as prohibitive cost wise as I feared.

Best of luck and keep in touvh if you hear anything.

David

Does anyone know if they have one on display at the Shelby factory? Last time I went there was before the announcement of these cars. I live only an hour outside of Las Vegas and would love to see one of these in person.

The Terlingua is there sometimes but it tours a lot. It is on Its way to Tulsa for Nationals.

I had a chance to drive this car at the Cobra Nationals. It is a awesome car.

I am getting one. I found a 2006 V6 Yellow Mustang that is now sitting in my drive way just waiting to be shipped to Vegas.

I am not sure when they will start to make these but I love the car. It was so much fun on the track.

The Terlingua is there sometimes but it tours a lot. It is on Its way to Tulsa for Nationals.

I had a chance to drive this car at the Cobra Nationals. It is a awesome car.

I am getting one. I found a 2006 V6 Yellow Mustang that is now sitting in my drive way just waiting to be shipped to Vegas.

I am not sure when they will start to make these but I love the car. It was so much fun on the track.

/insert gas gauge joke

The car looks great on the track. I can't wait to get mine.

From what I can learn the parts will not be sold seperately, probably for the best as it will keep the car unique and registered with Shelby. Although the waiting is the hardest...

Glad to hear from others also waiting - I am sure it will be worth it once it is here.

Your other option is to have the car shipped to one of the mod shops as they are fairly far from you. The car I purchased is in Oregon and I am in Texas, thus I have had this experience. I actually found a new on the lot 2007 black coupe that was perfect, except for being 2000 miles away. The shipping was not as prohibitive cost wise as I feared.

Best of luck and keep in touvh if you hear anything.

David

Thanks again for the response David, and I guess for me, TASCA Ford will be the closest mod shop.

That will probably be better then shipping it to across country to Texas or Vegas.

Good to see others are showing more interest in this model, too.

So does anyone know when the conversion process will start at SAI or at any of the Mod shops?

Thanks again for the response David, and I guess for me, TASCA Ford will be the closest mod shop.

That will probably be better then shipping it to across country to Texas or Vegas.

Good to see others are showing more interest in this model, too.

So does anyone know when the conversion process will start at SAI or at any of the Mod shops?

Yes, probably for you Tasca will make the most sense although the folks I am dealing with at Quantum are super to deal with.

I have not heard anything definate or read anything definate regarding a date to start the program yet. My car arrived at Quantum a couple days ago and they seem to think they will be able to get the parts to begin fairly soon - I am at least very hopeful of that! But no, they do not have an exact date. I have hopes that my car will be ready for the Terlingua event in late September - but will believe it when it happens.

I am seeing several folks or reading about several who have purchased cars and are interested.

Let me know how things go for you and I will let you know when Quantum gets going with mine - hope it can be soon.

David

The latest - I am told that Quantum is ready to go with the Terlingua. I have given them a deposit and they have the car now - it arrived a few days ago. Its a new '07 with great accents and all options - except of course the performance package going in. I cannot remember the last time something had me this pumped.

Good luck to all also heading down the Terlingua path.

Mine will be 07TRT0401 o or the first Quantum shop Terlingua - :happy feet:

David

PS Quantum has been great to work with.

David, that's great news.

Now see if they can send you some build-progress photos so

you can post them for the rest of us to enjoy too!

As soon as I have em you bet.

Thanks for the interest.

David

Very cool.

I was not aware that your ordered one.

Yep. After seeing the white/black SuperSnakes, I was thinking of getting a white Terlingua. That combination is S I C K !

I was looking through Ford's website for a white one and then a decked out yellow five speed with low miles showed up in Chicago. So, I drove to Chicago in the early morning and drove it back that same night.

Ever since I passed up on a yellow 1969 Boss 302, I've wanted a yellow Mustang. This will be cool since the original 1967 TransAm Terlingua cars were yellow.

Thanks, David!

where in MD are you? I'm in Howard County

Yep. After seeing the white/black SuperSnakes, I was thinking of getting a white Terlingua. That combination is S I C K !

I was looking through Ford's website for a white one and then a decked out yellow five speed with low miles showed up in Chicago. So, I drove to Chicago in the early morning and drove it back that same night.

Ever since I passed up on a yellow 1969 Boss 302, I've wanted a yellow Mustang. This will be cool since the original 1967 TransAm Terlingua cars were yellow.

:happy feet: very cool!!! Going for the full-tilt package? :)

My Screaming Yellow (forget what Sharon says) Mustang shipped to Vegas yesterday. Now the wait begins :angry22::shift:

Robert, laughing.

That is awesome I am happy for you! It will look great indeed in yellow and yes is the original color scheme. Will you get the performance package? Already forgot what Sharon said about it being hers err yours...

Mine is at Quantum. I visited her a few days ago she is awesome and I am so looking forward to having her completed. The car should be at Terlingua Black '07 with Big Bend plate VORPPL. Will you make the event?

I will post before pictures soon. Let me know how your progresss goes.

Thanks,

David

• 2 weeks later...

Archived