TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Scoops

All, please try to use this post for all Hood Scoop related discussion. Since this subject can get heated at times, please be patient.

For those who haven't yet gotten the rivet fix, I can't stress enough to find someone to do it because it works great.

so you just had someone rerivet it on your own ???? how much was it if so ??? Thnx!!!

My car came from SAI with all real rivets installed. My guess is that is was probably within the first 2 dozen or so. I had seen them doing the new fix on one of the first hoods back in July. Many people had issues, including me when I first saw mine. But this fix worked great.

There were so many posts about the hood scoops it was really tough to follow. That's why I didn't post any links in post #1 above. The bottom line is the fix works awesome and you can ask your dealer to get the rivets from SAI (I think). The only issue is in finding a dealer that you trust to do the work.

I hope everyone gets this fix because it works. Good luck.

All, please try to use this post for all Hood Scoop related discussion. Since this subject can get heated at times, please be patient.

For those who haven't yet gotten the rivet fix, I can't stress enough to find someone to do it because it works great.

I attempted a thread on this too at http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...p;hl=hood+scoop but it didn't work. I hope yours does!

I am still waiting for SAI to issue a Bulletin or something similarly official which states what the official fix is and how it should be done. I think it was Amy that left us hanging with some "its almost done" and "its being tested" threads awhile back, but there was never a final final final answer. :shrug:

I don't want to do anything and then find out later that a final, improved installation method has been determined. Theorectically, I guess I can wait until 5/4/10 when my warranty expires but I hope it doesn't take that long! :lol:

I am going to call my dealer today and go ver this with him. I have just been dragging my feet because I have been busy at work and its almost winter so I want to drive my car before snow flies. I drove it in this morning. Its like 40 degrees here this week. Thats cold for you Southern folk who dont know better Sue ;)

Did the world really need a new hood scoop thread?

:finger:

Why don't we just pin it, fun for the whole family, and REALLY watch the hilarity!

:banghead:

I too am waiting for the fix, and I have been contacted by John, so when it happens it happens and posting here the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...and over. Isn't going to speed things up! I've waited so long now :waiting: , and given winter will soon be here, I'm more concerned with ensuring this is the RIGHT fix and not rushed before they are sure.

Oh and BTW: I don't like the look of the rivets to tell you the truth! I love the rounded look of the faux ones...gee let's complain about that for a change of pace...you know mix it up a little! :headspin:

I am going to call my dealer today and go ver this with him. I have just been dragging my feet because I have been busy at work and its almost winter so I want to drive my car before snow flies. I drove it in this morning.

Don't go ignoring your White mistress Terry! :hysterical2:

My car came from SAI with all real rivets installed. My guess is that is was probably within the first 2 dozen or so. I had seen them doing the new fix on one of the first hoods back in July. Many people had issues, including me when I first saw mine. But this fix worked great.

There were so many posts about the hood scoops it was really tough to follow. That's why I didn't post any links in post #1 above. The bottom line is the fix works awesome and you can ask your dealer to get the rivets from SAI (I think). The only issue is in finding a dealer that you trust to do the work.

I hope everyone gets this fix because it works. Good luck.

Alright how much is SAI paying you to push the rivets ? do you have stock in a major rivet manufacture ?

I have no problem having my scoop riveted on I just would like the following to be addressed

1. Need to find a qualified installer, either Ford or if SAI will pay then a body shop

2. The fix needs to be "Authorized" and warrentied

I will have mine done once these two thinks are accomplished

Got to look at a 2007 #2526 sitting beside a 2008 #349 at the local dealership this afternoon. The 07 looked to have the longer pan head screws installed in the front which looked good. The 08 of course was completely riveted on which formed perfect to the hood although the rivets don't look as good as the screws.

Has anyone heard if the Mod shops (Quantum Performance in my case) will be able to do the repairs?

+++ on the new style hood pins. Will have to change mine....

Got to look at a 2007 #2526 sitting beside a 2008 #349 at the local dealership this afternoon. The 07 looked to have the longer pan head screws installed in the front which looked good. The 08 of course was completely riveted on which formed perfect to the hood although the rivets don't look as good as the screws.

Has anyone heard if the Mod shops (Quantum Performance in my case) will be able to do the repairs?

+++ on the new style hood pins. Will have to change mine....

I sure hope Quantum can do these, thats where I will be going too. There web site is not up yet, and I guess they are not open yet either. does anyone know?

Alright how much is SAI paying you to push the rivets ? do you have stock in a major rivet manufacture ?

I have no problem having my scoop riveted on I just would like the following to be addressed

1. Need to find a qualified installer, either Ford or if SAI will pay then a body shop

2. The fix needs to be "Authorized" and warrentied

I will have mine done once these two thinks are accomplished

+1

Archived