TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Measure your Stripes...Please

Senior 500

Can someone go out to their GT500 coupe and measure exactly how wide each stripe is. Also, what is the exact distance between the two stripes. I am very greatful for this info. I'm having stripes painted on my 500 and I need to know exact measurements. I know Ford's body shop knows but I just want to make sure they know.

I got my car yesterday and through a screw up on the dealers part my stripes were deleted. So the dealer is

paying for stripes to be installed.

Thanks, Senior

Can someone go out to their GT500 coupe and measure exactly how wide each stripe is. Also, what is the exact distance between the two stripes. I am very greatful for this info. I'm having stripes painted on my 500 and I need to know exact measurements. I know Ford's body shop knows but I just want to make sure they know.

I got my car yesterday and through a screw up on the dealers part my stripes were deleted. So the dealer is

Thanks, Senior

There are several REALLY good threads on this forum that show this with great detail. Try a search!

Thanks, Senior

BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe the stripes vary in width by a small proportion all the way down the stripes. It has to be that way for the illusion of straight lines. Best to call Ford.

BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe the stripes vary in width by a small proportion all the way down the stripes. It has to be that way for the illusion of straight lines. Best to call Ford.

Hey there,

I am positive they vary in width. Just did a set of GT500 paint stripes (car pictured here in another post - Vista Blue w/White Stripes). I was surprised, but if I remember correctly, they vary quite a bit (like 11" on top, 10" down the hood/trunk and 9" on the bumpers).

Will be interesting to see what is actually measured on someones car :)

Page

Thanks, Senior

Stripe Measurements

Front Bumper 9 ½” wide

Rear Bumper 10 ½” wide

Hood

Front 9 ½” wide

Front of Hood Vent 9 ¾” wide

Rear of Hood Vent 10” wide

Rear of Hood 10 ¼” wide

Roof 11 ¼” front to back

Trunk Lid 11” wide

Back of Trunk Lid (below spoiler to top of rear bumper) 10 ½”

Stripes are spaced apart 1 ¼” front to back.

NOTE: Any difference in stripe width runs towards the outside width of stripe.

Inside width is an even 1 ¼” between both stripes across entire car.

OK I went out to measure mine and the distance between is consistent at 1 3/16

The front of the hood at the lower lip measures 9 1/4 both sides

at the cowl it measures 10 1/32 both sides

the roof I just measured at the center because I think that the roof ones are identical all the way back at 10 15/16

then I got to the trunk the stripes did all kinds of changes

these are some basic measurements and this might be done with a laser to get them perfect.

I am right on with the hood and roof but because of the different angles on the trunk the width of the stripes had to change to look right.

Why dont You just get a stripe kit

Good luck

Art

I was just reading SD's post and mine are different than His. I cant tell you why

But I was a sheet metal worker for 27 years and I can read a tape.

I am NOT saying that Shelby Dude cant but it would seam to me that maybe its like fingerprints no two are alike

You all are good. On second thought...my black coupe is so beautiful just the way it sets..I might just

leave it the way it is. Actually, being a GT500 with no stripes is a rarity.

Thanks Senior

Smart move, leaving it a stripe delete. Thats the way it came.

Thanks, Senior

Those strips should have been painted-no damn decals-enough said! :banghead:

Archived