TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hey Y'all, Look What I Found!

TexasShelby

Nice pic! Read the good ol' magazine when drinking a good ol' mojito.....and if you really want to tear things up......Pop the DON JULIO!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Have you ever read Shelby mag.......on DON JULIO!!?

That doesn't get opened too often :headspin: but it is the smoothest stuff made. :drop:

Look in the very back were they show the projected value of our cars now and in 10 year intervals.

$$$$$$$$

Says our cars are worth $65,000 right now.

Wow I made $2,000 in 14 months, cool. :happy feet: Just lost $10,000 in my 401K. :banghead: What's it say for in 10 years? I got to find a copy in my area. Do you know if these values include making them every year for the next 10+ years?

Wow I made $2,000 in 14 months, cool. :happy feet: Just lost $10,000 in my 401K. :banghead: What's it say for in 10 years? I got to find a copy in my area. Do you know if these values include making them every year for the next 10+ years?

If I told you, you would probably close out your 401k and go buy 2 more.

Try $65K in 10 years the value starts to kick in at 20 years shown below

$225,000 in 20 years

$300,000 in 40 years

2008 Super Snake right now worth $105K, in 20 yrs. $325K, in 40yrs. $450K

Robb Report magazine shows our car as one of the only cars that will increase in value instead of decrease.

A no risk retirement if you ask me. I wish I could afford to buy another right now.

Kelly blue book supports the claim showing new & used 2007 GT500's with options at $65,000

$225,000 in 20 years

$300,000 in 40 years

Robb Report magazine shows our car as one of the only cars that will increase in value instead of decrease.

A no risk retirement if you ask me. I wish I could afford to buy another right now.

Kelly blue book supports the claim showing new & used 2007 GT500's with options at $65,000

So in 10 years they're still worth $65,000, but in 20 years they predict the value to increase to $225,000? Without seeing a magazine, could you tell me who is making these predictions? I got to find me one of these magazines.

As far as buying another one I wish I could. One's enough for me, besides without a solid 401K I won't be able to afford the gas 20 years from now when super unleaded is selling for $25 a gallon. Do you think we will still have gas available in 20 years? What will our cars be worth if there's no more gas available? This is deep thought, ouch it hurts. :hysterical:

$225,000 in 20 years

$300,000 in 40 years

I flipped through this at the book store and seen this page. However, this is an assumption (far off the charts of probability as well), not fact. Lets not all get crazy and dump our 401K's into buying more as investments! :hysterical2::hysterical::finger:

I was just looking through the mag and on page 45, Shelby Performance Parts has a new 6 speed shifter #7S3Z-7210-F6. Looks cool with Shelby on the handle, but doesn't say anything about fitting the GT500. Anyone know if it does, I looked on the site and the part number isn't updated yet. There is also the Shelby Hood Pins #5S3Z-6316892-K that look pretty cool also...

I flipped through this at the book store and seen this page. However, this is an assumption (far off the charts of probability as well), not fact. Lets not all get crazy and dump our 401K's into buying more as investments! :hysterical2::hysterical::finger:

Don't know how old you are, but you probably would have said the same thing about a1967 GT500 & 1968 GT500 KR's that cost less than $6000 new. And now selling for $250 to $350K now 40 years later.

Just let me say, the Shelby name is more powerful than you know. Not to wish anything bad on Mr. Shelby, but watch the selling prices and values once he leaves and deliver a Super Snake to the man up above.

Kelly Blue book shows the 2007 GT500's new & used at $65,000 and the car is a year old. I paid $47,000 out the door and forbid that I would have to have my car replaced by my insurance company, then look at the profit margin from what I paid to what it is worth now. $18,000 over what I paid aint bad when I can go get a 2008 for $52000 out the door and still have $13,000 left.

This alone makes the car an investment to me and many other that paid MSRP or paid less than $65,000 out the door. Heck it is an investment to even those who paid more than $65,000 at some point.

Not telling no one and don't expect no one to dump their 401k, but ladies and gents, Shelby vehicles are investments. And when you go to sell them sooner or later there is no penalty or Uncle Sam holding his hand out.

My wife works with a gentlemen that has an all original 1967 or 68 GT500 convertable that he has owned since new. He paid less than $6000 and he retires this year and plans on taking the car to Barrett-Jackson to sell for his retirement gift/cash.

Now, just think what that car will bring once it is put in the face of several buyers fighting/bidding to get this car that has less than 10,000 miles on it and still looks new?

Car will for sure sell for more than the $185,000 it is valued at.

Just the true facts.

* The car pictured is not the actual car I am in ref.*

post-3039-1194831740_thumb.jpg

post-3039-1194831740_thumb.jpg

So in 10 years they're still worth $65,000, but in 20 years they predict the value to increase to $225,000? Without seeing a magazine, could you tell me who is making these predictions? I got to find me one of these magazines.

As far as buying another one I wish I could. One's enough for me, besides without a solid 401K I won't be able to afford the gas 20 years from now when super unleaded is selling for $25 a gallon. Do you think we will still have gas available in 20 years? What will our cars be worth if there's no more gas available? This is deep thought, ouch it hurts. :hysterical:

I think we'll have more than enough gas to last another 900 years. Only reason it's $90+ per barrel is the greed of the oil companies. regardless, I'll still be paying for it and feeding it to the Stangs. ;)

I think we'll have more than enough gas to last another 900 years. Only reason it's $90+ per barrel is the greed of the oil companies. regardless, I'll still be paying for it and feeding it to the Stangs. ;)

Oil companies have little to do with the price. Speculation, trading, unrest, all sorts of crap go into the increase in price.

(this has been a public service announcement from BIG OIL) :)

Don't know how old you are, but you probably would have said the same thing about a1967 GT500 & 1968 GT500 KR's that cost less than $6000 new. And now selling for $250 to $350K now 40 years later.

Just let me say, the Shelby name is more powerful than you know. Not to wish anything bad on Mr. Shelby, but watch the selling prices and values once he leaves and deliver a Super Snake to the man up above.

Kelly Blue book shows the 2007 GT500's new & used at $65,000 and the car is a year old. I paid $47,000 out the door and forbid that I would have to have my car replaced by my insurance company, then look at the profit margin from what I paid to what it is worth now. $18,000 over what I paid aint bad when I can go get a 2008 for $52000 out the door and still have $13,000 left.

This alone makes the car an investment to me and many other that paid MSRP or paid less than $65,000 out the door. Heck it is an investment to even those who paid more than $65,000 at some point.

Not telling no one and don't expect no one to dump their 401k, but ladies and gents, Shelby vehicles are investments. And when you go to sell them sooner or later there is no penalty or Uncle Sam holding his hand out.

My wife works with a gentlemen that has an all original 1967 or 68 GT500 convertable that he has owned since new. He paid less than $6000 and he retires this year and plans on taking the car to Barrett-Jackson to sell for his retirement gift/cash.

Now, just think what that car will bring once it is put in the face of several buyers fighting/bidding to get this car that has less than 10,000 miles on it and still looks new?

Car will for sure sell for more than the $185,000 it is valued at.

Just the true facts.

* The car pictured is not the actual car I am in ref.*

Not this again! :banghead:

First - $6000 in 1968 is the same as $36,000 in 2007 (http://www.bls.gov/cpi/#data) - inflation rate of 493% (http://www.inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Calculators/InflationCalculator.asp#results)

So, in 40 more years, given the same inflation rate as the previous 40 years, your $47,000 will be the same as $231,710 in 2047. Not much of a gain if you ask me.

Second - what basis is this based on? Anyone can claim to know what future values will be only to say, "oops, I was wrong" years later. No one knows what 30-40 years in the future will bring.

Third - if 1968 GT500 owner took his $6000 and invested it, earning an average of only 10% a year, it would equal $291,000+ today - and that's a conservative return.

If you say the 2007's are now worth $65000, why aren't they selling for that? Why are you saying they're worth $10-15k more than they're actually selling for? Doesn't this prove that the KBB and others are just estimating? These aren't real and true numbers? That they MIGHT just be wrong?

Early Mustang Shelby's weren't always the big $ cars they are now either. Even 10 years ago you could get one for as much as our GT500's. That's a fact. "Classic" car values have been shown to be a relative anomaly compared to more recent "collector cars" as many people here have shown again and again.

I've respected most of what you've contributed to this site LSR - I just wonder where your post above came from? I hope you really don't believe all that at 100% fact. I love my Shelby. I deeply respect Mr. Shelby and all that he's done. His cars are great, and hopefully more valuable than other cars, but please don't confuse this with a sound financial plan backed 401k.

Quote from Joe G

"If you say the 2007's are now worth $65000, why aren't they selling for that? Why are you saying they're worth $10-15k more than they're actually selling for? Doesn't this prove that the KBB and others are just estimating? These aren't real and true numbers? That they MIGHT just be wrong?"

Kelly Blue Book is were the $65000 value comes from and just recently released. We are all lucky that it just was released, because if dealers had this info. in front of them when order banks were opened back March 06, then I wouldn't have paid $47,000 OTD and many others that paid MSRP.

Kelly Blue Book is the auto retail biz. Bible

And it shows my car valued at $64,000+ and my car has 5000 miles on it. And click on the new car tab, add options and you will see the same value pop up as well + a few more dollars.

Check it out:

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingRep...ition=Excellent

Joe it is not what I believe, but what I see.

Archived