TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Time to define Super Snake

Per SAI anouncement parts are being stock piled to go into full production. If this is true can the people who put down deposits be informed on what is being purchased for our cars? We have been told that we have the following options:

1)Blue, Red, Orange or Black calipers

2)FRPP or Shelby Eibach suspension

3)40th or SS front Grille badge

4)Tires T.B.D.

Are these decisons now being made by SAI and no longer by us? I think it is fair to let us know if something has changed.

Also what is the warranty and what is covered? 3 years drivetrain as previously stated or 1 year per Motor Trend?

07 GT500's to get 08 crank damper per FRPP warranty requirement?

Will we get revised owners manual with correct maintenace part #'s for supercharger belts, Front and Rear Brake Pads and Rotors, etc? We don't want to get stuck on the road and not be able to get maintenance since these part numbers are only known to SAI. Old Shelby's came with a manual supplement from Shelby's plant.

I think these are all reasonable questions unless the information about parts being stockpiled is premature.

Please advise.

Per SAI anouncement parts are being stock piled to go into full production. If this is true can the people who put down deposits be informed on what is being purchased for our cars? We have been told that we have the following options:

4)Tires T.B.D.

Are these decisons now being made by SAI and no longer by us? I think it is fair to let us know if something has changed.

Also what is the warranty and what is covered? 3 years drivetrain as previously stated or 1 year per Motor Trend?

07 GT500's to get 08 crank damper per FRPP warranty requirement?

Will we get revised owners manual with correct maintenace part #'s for supercharger belts, Front and Rear Brake Pads and Rotors, etc? We don't want to get stuck on the road and not be able to get maintenance since these part numbers are only known to SAI. Old Shelby's came with a manual supplement from Shelby's plant.

I think these are all reasonable questions unless the information about parts being stockpiled is premature.

Please advise.

I second this.......

I want the package done right and don't think we are being impatient.

Some of us (probably all of us) put $10K down months ago and were told we would get updates!!

Where is the new info from SEMA.... Are there any official press releases?

And if so why did I not get an email or phone call???

Can someone clear this up??

Thanks!!

+1. Especially since the deposits are non-refundable.

Also, if the list of parts can be itemized on SAI letterhead, even with only a bottom-line cost, we can then submit this to our insurance companies for a quote. This is not a trivial matter, especially with the power upgrades. We may have to shop companies for insurance.

Thanks in advance for your efforts!

4)Tires T.B.D.

Please advise.

First, let me say this: I am not a production guy, I am the Mod shop guy. When I said that parts are being produced for Super Snake production, I meant exactly that. It is normal for a company- ANY company- to build inventory for production. This happens daily around the world. Can I ask you, when you ordered your GT500...did you ask what parts Ford stocked before building? Of course not.

As a manufacturer, these decisions will be made by us. Of course you will have the options announced and be able to choose them. No one announced to the contrary, not to my knowledge. There are a myriad of parts that go into these cars, and they must be produced and stocked-- or stored-- BEFORE we go into production. Does this make sense?

We have many partners who help us produce the parts (ie: Alcoa, Ford Racing, etc) and these companies work with us as suppliers.

There is nothing unfair about this.

First, let me say this: I am not a production guy, I am the Mod shop guy. When I said that parts are being produced for Super Snake production, I meant exactly that. It is normal for a company- ANY company- to build inventory for production. This happens daily around the world. Can I ask you, when you ordered your GT500...did you ask what parts Ford stocked before building? Of course not.

As a manufacturer, these decisions will be made by us. Of course you will have the options announced and be able to choose them. No one announced to the contrary, not to my knowledge. There are a myriad of parts that go into these cars, and they must be produced and stocked-- or stored-- BEFORE we go into production. Does this make sense?

We have many partners who help us produce the parts (ie: Alcoa, Ford Racing, etc) and these companies work with us as suppliers.

There is nothing unfair about this.

+1, nicely said, Chris. Couldn't agree with you more.

+1. Especially since the deposits are non-refundable.

Also, if the list of parts can be itemized on SAI letterhead, even with only a bottom-line cost, we can then submit this to our insurance companies for a quote. This is not a trivial matter, especially with the power upgrades. We may have to shop companies for insurance.

Thanks in advance for your efforts!

Good point & I garantee you that your gonna have to shop for insurance. We have had this discussion before and I can tell you that in Canada its gonna be hard to find insurance for the car, my current insurance company told me point blank that they are really not interested in insuring a 600+HP car.

Good luck

Good point & I garantee you that your gonna have to shop for insurance. We have had this discussion before and I can tell you that in Canada its gonna be hard to find insurance for the car, my current insurance company told me point blank that they are really not interested in insuring a 600+HP car.

Good luck

Sounds like guys are just asking for a little more communication. That would in the end serve all parties best. Since it's a large undertaking as customers we also have to be willing to understand that some of those communications may just indicate that not everything is finalized yet or under development. Questions from paying customers are rarely unfair and probably should not be viewed as such. Just my .02

I agree that the communication has not been too good. Some folks here seem to get upset that others question what is going on. I for one am waiting for my first promised email (supposed to be every two weeks) telling me what's going on in regards to the SS upgrade. Folks put down 10k for the upgrade and are just asking for some answers; I don't think that is unreasonable. Just my 1 cent.

I second this.......

I want the package done right and don't think we are being impatient.

Some of us (probably all of us) put $10K down months ago and were told we would get updates!!

Where is the new info from SEMA.... Are there any official press releases?

And if so why did I not get an email or phone call???

Can someone clear this up??

Thanks!!

i got my deposit back!

i may still have a ss packege done but there not going to keep my $10,000 to stock there shelves with parts for the dealer cars that are going to be done first.

sal wont even return phone call to people who believed in them and put $10,000 down.not a very nice way to treat customers.

i got my deposit back!

i may still have a ss packege done but there not going to keep my $10,000 to stock there shelves with parts for the dealer cars that are going to be done first.

sal wont even return phone call to people who believed in them and put $10,000 down.not a very nice way to treat customers.

im sorry you decided to get out, but i understand. the only thing i dont understand is your comment about SAI doing dealers cars first.

these are after title cars. they are NOT doing dealers cars. they are being built in number order. i might have misunderstood your comment. if i did im sorry.

michael morris

This may be posted somewhere else, and if so I apologize. I thought you SS guys would be interested if not.

Nov 13, 2007 20:00

Shelby Automobiles Announces Final Content of Shelby ''Super Snake'' Package

LAS VEGAS --(Business Wire)-- Nov. 13, 2007 Executives with Shelby Automobiles have finalized the content of their Super Snake post-title package. Earlier this year, Shelby Automobiles and Ford Racing unveiled a package to transform a limited number of 2007 and 2008 Ford Shelby GT500s into fire breathing "Super Snake" coupes and convertibles for US$27,995.00 at 600HP and approximately $31,995.00 for the 725HP version coupes.

"At Shelby Autos, we believe that life needs more," said Amy Boylan, President of Shelby Automobiles. "That's why we've teamed up with the best in the business to offer a Ford Shelby GT500 with even more punch. Working together, we've developed one mean pony car that puts out more power and balanced performance than any other American production car on the road."

The Super Snake post-title package will include enhancements to the Ford Shelby GT500's handling, styling and power. The main 600 horsepower package includes a Ford Racing supercharger with a warranty and components developed exclusively for the car with Shelby's partner, Ford Racing. The package can be applied to either a coupe or convertible with Borla exhaust, 20" Alcoa made forged aluminum wheels and a host of styling components for the rambunctious Shelby.

"We're always looking around the corner for new ways to deliver balanced performance that's unlike anything else on the road," said Jamie Allison, Manager of Ford Racing Performance Group. "The GT500 Super Snake package, with its higher horsepower levels and balanced track-inspired tuning, satisfies those demands and then some...in a uniquely Ford - Shelby way."

For those who feel they need even more power but are not concerned about a warranty, Shelby worked with Kenne Bell to develop a 725 horsepower program, which is available without a warranty, for the Super Snake coupes. The Shelby / Kenne Bell package is matched to a JBA exhaust and a custom drive shaft to handle the additional power. An adjustable Eibach suspension package is available for an extra cost.

The GT500 Super Snake package includes:

-- Ford Racing handling pack including Dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace is standard for the Super Snake

-- Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit producing over 600 HP and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque

-- Borla exhaust system on the 600 HP Ford Racing Super Snake Package

-- 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio

-- Optional Kenne Bell Supercharger kit producing over 725 HP (unwarranted) with upgraded drive shaft, billet twin 75mm throttle body and exclusive badges

-- JBA exhaust system on the 725 HP Kenne Bell Super Snake Package

-- An optional Shelby / Eibach handling pack is also available

-- Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels

-- Short-throw shifter

-- Forged Shelby / Baer brakes with 6 piston calipers with cross drilled and vented rotors

-- Front brake cooling ducts

-- Unique fiberglass hood featuring classic Shelby design

-- "Shelby" lettering across the rear decklid

-- "Super Snake" vehicle badging and official Shelby CSM dash plate

-- Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and other Shelby designed components

im sorry you decided to get out, but i understand. the only thing i dont understand is your comment about SAI doing dealers cars first.

these are after title cars. they are NOT doing dealers cars. they are being built in number order. i might have misunderstood your comment. if i did im sorry.

michael morris

i was told last month by sai that ss would not start until next year because of all the dealer orders that needed to be done first.alot of dealers that still have 07"s left over are having them converted to ss.also alot of dealers are having 08's converted for larger profits.

also the gt500kr still has to be produced for ford and there dealers?

Amy has said it and it is stated on SAI's web site that the Super Snake is a post title package. If they start showing up in dealerships, then I guess we (the post title owners) would have grounds to ask for a refund. Time will tell.

the dealers have to sell them as a used vehicle.

i was told last month by sai that ss would not start until next year because of all the dealer orders that needed to be done first.alot of dealers that still have 07"s left over are having them converted to ss.also alot of dealers are having 08's converted for larger profits.

also the gt500kr still has to be produced for ford and there dealers?

i have spoken many time to the folks at SAI. im a dealer and have sold around 50 shelby cars (sgt,hertz, and gt500) and they are AFTER title conversions. i thought about sending a car out there for the SS and then trying to retail it, but after a few guys sat around and talked about it it really didnt make any sense. yes its a limited run package, but ANYONE can send a car out there and have it done. all you need is a 32k and a GT500. the MOST anyone is going to pay for a standard GT500 is 5-8k over. so how much could i sell the SS car for when it gets here. it just doesnt make finicial sense to invest 70k for a 5k return when you can get a 5k return without spending the extra money! its not like the KR where you have to buy it from a dealer. ANYONE can get a SS. SAI is building the KRs and SSs at the same time. i was out there 5 weeks ago. when they finish with the SGTs they are going to have 18 racks sitting empty. from my conversions with them alot of those racks are going to be used to do the KRs and SSs. of course its going to take time to train the guys from the SGT line to build the new cars, but they will get it figured out.

michael morris

Amy has said it and it is stated on SAI's web site that the Super Snake is a post title package. If they start showing up in dealerships, then I guess we (the post title owners) would have grounds to ask for a refund. Time will tell.

Is it possible this has anything to do with the dealer's thinking?

Read warranty options (length and conditions) carefully ----- Link:

Warranty_Info.pdf

Warranty_Info.pdf

We can only hope SAI will try to get production started as we still have 30 business days left to this quarter.

SHELBY 8-2-07

UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!! UPDATE!!!

SUPER SNAKE

PRODUCTION UPDATE

The Super Snake project will begin in the 4th Quarter this year. We have only built one Super Snake, the concept car. Many of you have already seen pictures of this beast and some have actually seen it in person. “Menacing” is the best word I have heard used to describe it.

Hey Cobraengineer & GT500-07,

Flim Flam I say Shazam man, and now the curse of Coldy :cold: is upon you & your cars for being so negative towards SAI & the Great Super Snake! :hysterical:

Anybody else want the curse? If you think it doesn't work, ask Chuckstang? :hysterical2:

What's negative. FRPP's warranty for some performance parts not all installed on a new car before delivery is 3 years 36,000 miles. I assume a dealer would want to take advantage and promote this to his customers. On a delvered car it is 12,000 miles 1 year. Nothing negative, just a fact from the FRPP catalog. You guys are way too sensitive.

Guys, to clear up a few things:

Remember, we are only 6 months out from the initial unveiling of the Super Snake, and we are almost ready to hit the loud pedal. ;)

I think that's pretty damn awesome for a car with this many one-off parts!

1) This is a post title modification. What does this mean? The individual must own the car, not a dealer. I do not know who spoke with who and where they were from, but I can categorically guarantee that a dealer cannot send in an untitled vehicle for SS conversion. We would not accept it, period.

2) Parts are being stocked for all SS conversions and options. Not just Shelby Autos, not just for the Mod Shops. For both. We will not stock for the entire build (obviously) but we are picking up steam and filling in parts for the ordering matrix. Then we replenish as we go.

3) We are homing in on a start date. Not quite finalized yet as there are some logistics that need to be worked out for some of the internal processes to work properly, etc.

Ultimately we want this to be a smooth process for you guys, and we want the quality to be there while minimizing any 'waits' for your orders to be built. Sorry for the delays, but these are necessary evils. Hope this helps!

Chris

i don't know all the details, but i can assure you that we are not doing dealer cars at all.

i do know that we are doing everything we can to make sure things get taken care of at SAI. the supersnake is not the only thing we are working on, but it is very important right now. no one more than us loves seeing these beautiful ladies come out. (things of grace and beauty are often referred to in the feminine gender.)

i know it's hard to wait for answers and even i will try to give them as low as i am on the totem. i've been in our warehouse and have taken notice of parts coming in every day for these. we need to make sure that they are all ready to go out. we have a very tight QC level, so they have to be inspected by our techs before they are even put into inventory. almost every piece is custom with these cars and it's been an incredibly short and intense production time, therefore alot of time is put into making sure it's good to go. we care about our product more than anyone knows. it's very easy to put out one incredible car and have everyone get excited over it and have a magazine make it seem like the best thing in the world.

our goal is to do that over and over and over. we want everyone to have the best car they can have from us. we can do that, but we're going to make sure everything is done the way YOU want it done when you pick it up.

i don't know all the details, but i can assure you that we are not doing dealer cars at all.

i do know that we are doing everything we can to make sure things get taken care of at SAI. the supersnake is not the only thing we are working on, but it is very important right now. no one more than us loves seeing these beautiful ladies come out. (things of grace and beauty are often referred to in the feminine gender.)

i know it's hard to wait for answers and even i will try to give them as low as i am on the totem. i've been in our warehouse and have taken notice of parts coming in every day for these. we need to make sure that they are all ready to go out. we have a very tight QC level, so they have to be inspected by our techs before they are even put into inventory. almost every piece is custom with these cars and it's been an incredibly short and intense production time, therefore alot of time is put into making sure it's good to go. we care about our product more than anyone knows. it's very easy to put out one incredible car and have everyone get excited over it and have a magazine make it seem like the best thing in the world.

our goal is to do that over and over and over. we want everyone to have the best car they can have from us. we can do that, but we're going to make sure everything is done the way YOU want it done when you pick it up.

i would like to make a suggestion to sai. in order to avoid there customers from being disgrunteld they should send a ss update letter or a email to there paid deposit customers and keep them informed,no one who puts down money wants to feel avoided by the person or company they gave a large deposit to!

after repeated attempts over weeks of phone calls to sai with no luck talking to anyone and not having any calls returned i finally got thru to a live person on 10/04/07 at 12:45 pm i spoke with cynthia at sai.

during our conversation about a real start date i was told she wasn't sure but probably in a few months and during our conversation she told me and i quote,

(they were working on dealers cars first)end quote.

so what my friends are we to believe.

i would like to make a suggestion to sai. in order to avoid there customers from being disgrunteld they should send a ss update letter or a email to there paid deposit customers and keep them informed,no one who puts down money wants to feel avoided by the person or company they gave a large deposit to!

after repeated attempts over weeks of phone calls to sai with no luck talking to anyone and not having any calls returned i finally got thru to a live person on 10/04/07 at 12:45 pm i spoke with cynthia at sai.

during our conversation about a real start date i was told she wasn't sure but probably in a few months and during our conversation she told me and i quote,

i think she was talking about the SGTs, but i could be wrong. i know they are half way thru with the 08s.

i will look into for you, but im sure im right

michael morris

Crispy and PDrake

Thanks for the updates. It's not an email, but there it is on the forum, right from the source. Considering the distance I'll be from the mod shop in Vegas, I definitely want you to get it right the first time. Anticipation is half the fun.... I just read some older posts from the 40th Anniversary guys, and they say the same thing: WELL WORTH THE WAIT!

:play:

the SGTs and the SS are produced in entirely different buildings, on different lifts and with different techs. we are working on dealer SGTs always. the only cars that ever enter the mod shop are after title cars. we need all paperwork in hand to add one piece of equipment, even a sill plate, to a car showing that a person has bought that vehicle. if you were told different it was a mistake or a misunderstanding. sorry about that. next time i see cynthia i'll give her 50 lashes.

Archived