TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Winter driving plans?

RogerS

I'll be driving mine unless they close the State for a blizzard. I got Dunlop Winter Sport M3's. They worked great in some snow we had last week.

Glad to hear they worked well for you. Mine are the Michelin X-Ice, which I haven't tested yet!

Mine is in the garage for the winter I freak driving in a rain let alone drive it in show and ice. I'll take it out a few times I'm sure on sunny, no salt on the roads, etc., days just to keep things moving and the battery charged and all. I'm driving a Taurus now. Ugh...I need to get one of those "My Other Car Is A Shelby" license plate frames.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd drive mine all winter if I even remotely trusted all the jackasses that haul ass around town thinking they can stop on a dime because they have ABS...

I'm pretty positive that I'm a good driver, It's just that IMHO no one else around me is... =)

I hear ya try winter in Seattle on a street bike, its the definition of defensive driving.

I'm lucky as our Winters in NC are usually mild. Also, we're in a drought with only about 3 inches of rain in the past 4 months so...as long as the roads are dry I'll be the guy with the big grin on my face driving my Shelby. Yeah :happy feet:

Jim

Being we have an ugly and long winter... thus far it looks like I will be in for the FRPP CAI with tune and the SVT1 exhaust. Maybe by then the price will drop, the tune will be upgraded, the HP will be increased, and it will still all come with a warranty! Lots of time to tinker and think about mods!

How did you know where the nose of the car was :hysterical2: when driving it & did you lose your car when you got out because it blended in with the snow.... :hysterical2:

:hysterical2: Actually, it wasn't much of a snow, so far. The best (worst?) is yet to come!

• 2 weeks later...

Been driving mine way to much with the cool air now in florida .... tucked away .. NOPE !! :bowdown:

Been driving mine way to much with the cool air now in florida .... tucked away .. NOPE !! :bowdown:

Ditto..been driving mine as well up here in Pa. So far wev'e been dodging the real bad weather !!! Another beautiful day today...the Mach 1 & Shelby are loving it !!! One more week of driving is one less week I gotta park it !!!!

I've been driving mine only when necessary...and so far I've been lucky enough to avoid driving when the roads were snowy and icy. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...

Thankfully I can walk ta work on the snowy days.........

my concern is how do Ya wash under the car...

a friend a mine just got a vette n he was wonderin the same thing............he has a power washer n was wonderin if he should use that...I was, like, um..I really dunno......

how do you all do it...?

a friend a mine just got a vette n he was wonderin the same thing............he has a power washer n was wonderin if he should use that...I was, like, um..I really dunno......

how do you all do it...?

I just use a garden hose when the temp goes above freezing & wash the car then lay down & get the underside..it's not pretty but it gets the job done !!

how do you all do it...?

There's a car wash here that has an undercarriage wash as one of the options, I've done it on my trucks before seemed to do a good job getting the mud and gunk off.

Archived