TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Winter driving plans?

RogerS

For those putting the car away for the winter, any plans for mods? If so what do you have planned? We are predicted to get our first snow this Thursday and that's pretty much it in New England. At least for me that is. I do know others are planning to drive through the winter. It will be interesting to see their impressions on how the car reacts.

No, plans for the winter just putting it away. Is the snow coming down to MD or staying up that way.

Updated states Saturday now and looks like rain to snow showers. We may luck out. But looks like just the upper region for all snow. Not much just enough for them to put down salt and sand. :waiting:

For those putting the car away for the winter, any plans for mods? If so what do you have planned? We are predicted to get our first snow this Thursday and that's pretty much it in New England. At least for me that is. I do know others are planning to drive through the winter. It will be interesting to see their impressions on how the car reacts.

SNOW ?? (*&*&^&$%$()( !

maybe it will snow just on your side of the state, huh?

Nice, did you decide on a brand on the watts setup?

Thanks. Still shopping on the watts. Will probably be Fays or Lakewood, but still not sure. These are the rotors I'm thinking about. Link to Brake Rotors Anybody had any experience, good or bad? And probably Steeda pullies.

BTW, if I remember right, Adam said on the Shelby site that he thought you purchased the interior 1/4 window covers. If so, how do they look. Do they match up with the interior well or do they look....for lack of better wording, "out of place". Just curious because with my tinted windows in the day, you can see the tape on the back side of my 1/4 block off plates.

Thanks

Brian

Thanks. Still shopping on the watts. Will probably be Fays or Lakewood, but still not sure. These are the rotors I'm thinking about. Link to Brake Rotors Anybody had any experience, good or bad? And probably Steeda pullies.

BTW, if I remember right, Adam said on the Shelby site that he thought you purchased the interior 1/4 window covers. If so, how do they look. Do they match up with the interior well or do they look....for lack of better wording, "out of place". Just curious because with my tinted windows in the day, you can see the tape on the back side of my 1/4 block off plates.

Thanks

Brian

I'm looking at watts link also and lower control arms. I'm looking at the Griggs performance stuff I think the engineering is first rate but then so is the price :)

I'm looking at watts link also and lower control arms. I'm looking at the Griggs performance stuff I think the engineering is first rate but then so is the price :)

You have that right! Great product but pricey! Still not too sure on the 3rd. member as the center attachment point.

Thanks

Brian

I looked at the Fays setup and while the engineering is there I just can't get over the bulkiness of the look. I have looked at the Lakewood setup also. I am leaning towards a complete setup from CHE Carriage House Engineering

http://powerhouse411.com/catalog/index.php...;products_id=30

The Griggs is a great setup also and as I mentioned, I just cannot get over the 3rd. member as the center attachment point.

I cancelled the interior panels because Scott Drake just released a set of brushed aluminum interior trim panels that would come close to matching my dash. Here at the 2 links to the interior panels.

http://www.modernspeedmachines.com/catalog...products_id/439

http://partscheap.com/scottdrake05.htm

My winter mod plans are to pay off my 2007 spring and summer mod plans that have already been installed.

Curse you EVO ...STEEDA ... SAI .... and all the others

I looked at the Fays setup and while the engineering is there I just can't get over the bulkiness of the look. I have looked at the Lakewood setup also. I am leaning towards a complete setup from CHE Carriage House Engineering

http://powerhouse411.com/catalog/index.php...;products_id=30

The Griggs is a great setup also and as I mentioned, I just cannot get over the 3rd. member as the center attachment point.

I cancelled the interior panels because Scott Drake just released a set of brushed aluminum interior trim panels that would come close to matching my dash. Here at the 2 links to the interior panels.

http://www.modernspeedmachines.com/catalog...products_id/439

http://partscheap.com/scottdrake05.htm

WOW powerhouse is considerably cheaper lol After looking at Griggs I thought suspension was gonna cost another 20k :banghead:

the interesting part is to see how much rarer my Shelby will become after the winter is over if a lot of people are planning on driving them !!!!! :hysterical2:

rosssvt, that snow ain't gonna amount to much; I think you'll be able to drive on Sunday!! :lol:

As for winter mods, funny you should ask...my winter mods will be to install my snow tires / wheels. I've shown this photo on the "other" forum, but here they are (photographed during the first "test" install). They are Michelin Ice on black Bullits. I hope I never really have to use them!

med_gallery_8757_201_72274.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What is snow?

Archived