TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Shelby went thru a covered bridge!

That’s right, this past Saturday since it was a whole whopping 53F out & I knew that old Mother Nature would be bringing some snow to Michigan on my 1 year anniversary of ownership (Nov. 7th) I figured had better take her out for one last hurrah. So I travel a few miles down the road & stopped by an old Flour Mill that had been converted into someone’s house & took a few photos with the autumn leaves changing colors in the background.

From there I travel another 25 to 30 miles to a place not too well known in Michigan where the longest covered bridge still stands & is still in use today. This covered bridge was built in 1887, YES; I said 1887 & it’s 282 feet long with three 94 foot spans. It has a weight limit of 6 tons & 7 feet tall for those who want to cross over it. The bridge was raised 8 feet in 1910 & has had only one major repair done to her back in 1950 & 51. I figured this was the next best place for another historic memory photo to be made before I put the car away for a long winters nap. So when I arrived, I eased on up the old bridge & proceeded to cross over her old beams traveling about 10 miles per hour when just then…… I broke on thru to the other side :hysterical2: to take more photos.

Enjoy the photos; I know I will until spring.

62f8a4a6.jpg

e82beadd.jpg

2297294d.jpg

d70737d7.jpg

210dce82.jpg

bcc8c1a8.jpg

ace2acc8.jpg

f9524d72.jpg

Thanks guys, I woke up this morning & looked outside & what did i see....... no not 8 tiny reindeer but a light coating of snow :cry:

but the weather man said it will be 53 to 55F again this weekend :yahoo:

Ya did MI proud! Nice shot! And living here 45+ years, I have never heard or nor seen that bridge. Seen others, but not that one. Very nice! I am glad you got one more ride in, and if it were not for all my travels I may have stuck it out a few more weeks, but at any rate, best to be ready than surprised! Again, nice set of photos!

I seeing your back to being a funny :censored: wise guy ;)

:hysterical2:

HI CW,

Nice pics both of the car and the bridge. Those bridges are indeed rare and are now historical sites. Check this link out when it comes to covered bridges, it is approximately a 4.5 hour drive from my home. I have visited quite a few times before and it still amazes me when I see it.

5 years ago some scum bag punk set fire to it and tried to burn it. He failed...thank God.

http://www.town.hartland.nb.ca/html/bridge.htm

Nice pics Coldy beautiful fall day to go driving too ! Thanks for the pics.

BTW I went out driving on saturday myself.........about 45 min run at Lime Rock Park's 1.2 mile road course with the Shelby . :burnout: Time for some suspension upgrades now.

George..........

Awesome George

Any Pix? :happy feet:

That’s right, this past Saturday since it was a whole whopping 53F out & I knew that old Mother Nature would be bringing some snow to Michigan on my 1 year anniversary of ownership (Nov. 7th) I figured had better take her out for one last hurrah. So I travel a few miles down the road & stopped by an old Flour Mill that had been converted into someone’s house & took a few photos with the autumn leaves changing colors in the background.

From there I travel another 25 to 30 miles to a place not too well known in Michigan where the longest covered bridge still stands & is still in use today. This covered bridge was built in 1887, YES; I said 1887 & it’s 282 feet long with three 94 foot spans. It has a weight limit of 6 tons & 7 feet tall for those who want to cross over it. The bridge was raised 8 feet in 1910 & has had only one major repair done to her back in 1950 & 51. I figured this was the next best place for another historic memory photo to be made before I put the car away for a long winters nap. So when I arrived, I eased on up the old bridge & proceeded to cross over her old beams traveling about 10 miles per hour when just then…… I broke on thru to the other side :hysterical2: to take more photos.

Enjoy the photos; I know I will until spring.

62f8a4a6.jpg

e82beadd.jpg

2297294d.jpg

d70737d7.jpg

210dce82.jpg

bcc8c1a8.jpg

ace2acc8.jpg

f9524d72.jpg

Nice pix Coldy

HI CW,

Nice pics both of the car and the bridge. Those bridges are indeed rare and are now historical sites. Check this link out when it comes to covered bridges, it is approximately a 4.5 hour drive from my home. I have visited quite a few times before and it still amazes me when I see it.

5 years ago some scum bag punk set fire to it and tried to burn it. He failed...thank God.

http://www.town.hartland.nb.ca/html/bridge.htm

WOW! Now that's a covered bridge in Hartland! Thanks for posting that, some day I hope to visit that cool bridge!

WOW! Now that's a covered bridge in Hartland! Thanks for posting that, some day I hope to visit that cool bridge!

That would be awesome CW, be in touch if you make the trip, we can hook up at the bridge take some pics and have a brew. :beerchug:

Archived