TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Tire Size

I talked to Bud @ SAI. He said with the Alcoa wheels and 275s on a lowered Shelby, there is only about a 1/2 clearance between the tire and the fender. Any wider tire is going to rub. The problem is not the room in the fender well...there's plenty. The problem is backspacing. the Alcoa wheel has less backspacing than the stock rim, so it sticks out farther.

I talked to Bud @ SAI. He said with the Alcoa wheels and 275s on a lowered Shelby, there is only about a 1/2 clearance between the tire and the fender. Any wider tire is going to rub. The problem is not the room in the fender well...there's plenty. The problem is backspacing. the Alcoa wheel has less backspacing than the stock rim, so it sticks out farther.

That's odd. At the 12:00 position, I measure a little over 1.5" of clearance between the top of the tire and the wheel well lip, not .5 of an inch. For what it's worth, I plan to install (reinstall?) my 285 BFG's when I get them back from SAI, and have no concerns about rubbing issues at all.

That's odd. At the 12:00 position, I measure a little over 1.5" of clearance between the top of the tire and the wheel well lip, not .5 of an inch. For what it's worth, I plan to install (reinstall?) my 285 BFG's when I get them back from SAI, and have no concerns about rubbing issues at all.

Good to hear. Please keep us updated on clearance with the 285s

Good to hear. Please keep us updated on clearance with the 285s

Will do.

Archived