TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rare Stevie Wonder Edition GT500 'Vert on eBay

VNMOUS1

There is absolutely nothing I can say about this. I threw up a little in my mouth.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelby-Must...1QQcmdZViewItem

(I think this will link if you copy and paste)

Enjoy....

xxoo

Helen Keller

There is absolutely nothing I can say about this. I threw up a little in my mouth.

Enjoy....

xxoo

Helen Keller

WTF, someone went through whatever to put stripes on a vert and they can't even do some homework? Oh that is no Stevie, that is a moron!

Upper right hand side of the window sticker says: Shelby blue tape stripe. It was factory installed ....

No, that's for the factory side stripes.

Couldn't get factory "over the top" stripes on a vert.

** edit ** ooops, I see ShelbyDude beat me to the punch.

That was the SIDE stripe installed by the factory.

They didn't put top stripes on the convertibles

Is that hilarious or what? :hysterical2:

bj

OMG WTF, I can't believe someone did that to such a beauty and they didn't even get the stripes close to the correct spacing, what a F'n moron :finger:. He says the car is pampered and yet the engine looks like it has never been cleaned. If anyone buys this car, I would be surprised.

..I think that the cluelessness shows through much more with the Buy It Now price of almost 60K for a used shelby. Stripes can be removed and engines cleaned, but no one with any sense is gonna spend that kind of money for a shelby that needs to be put back to normal. Now for low 40s, someone would probably be getting a good deal.

me too...a little bile and veal...

My vert had dealer installed painted stripes...but it was with the understanding that they better exactly the same size and location as the vinyl, or I wouldn't take delivery of the car...and I know the very rear is within 2 mm, and the front is less than that.

But putting the stripes on the windshield doesn't work for me at all. JMO

Enjoy....

xxoo

Helen Keller

He probably got caught up in the hype when he bought it. The dealership should have never let it go and are jerks for doing so. No wonder it's only got 200 miles.

I emailed the seller, and this is his response "Don't know what the problem is in what you're seeing." I explained carefully. I should have have asked him if is middle name is Boxofrocks.

I did too & this is the reply I got..... "these are what came on the car from the dealer, also listed as original on the window sticker" signed clueless :hysterical:

I replied back & said the verts don't come with Le Mans stripes plus the spacing is incorrect, I won't be bidding on the car :hysterical2:

:hysterical2:Animation2011.gif Someone was drunk.gif when they did those stripes and used the ft. instead of in. marks on the tape measure Animation2011.gif whats worse the owner didn't know better and accepted it, WOW blowup.gif Notice that he had a CHEVY TRUCK AND JEEP in the garage and is a fan of #3 on his plate (Chevy guy), guess thats why he didn't know better.

Animation2011.gif

drunk.gif

blowup.gif

Sent paparacer this:

Nice GT500, but you really need to change your description. Convertibles did not come from the factory with LeMans stripes and the spacing is not even close...if they are vinyl, I'd probably buy another set and let a dealership install them correctly...you'll probably get more offers on it. Or just have them removed. Most potintial buyers that actually know the GT500 know those are not correct, and with this caliber of a car, that can really effect price. Just thought I'd help by letting you know. I mean no disrespect whatsoever.

Hope he takes it the right way.

Sent paparacer this:

Nice GT500, but you really need to change your description. Convertibles did not come from the factory with LeMans stripes and the spacing is not even close...if they are vinyl, I'd probably buy another set and let a dealership install them correctly...you'll probably get more offers on it. Or just have them removed. Most potintial buyers that actually know the GT500 know those are not correct, and with this caliber of a car, that can really effect price. Just thought I'd help by letting you know. I mean no disrespect whatsoever.

Wow. You're a nice guy. :dreamy:

Seriously, I hope he takes it the right way too. It looks like squat and anyone that knows anything about these cars would call :redcard:

bj

Sent paparacer this:

You were very polite indeed. This looks awful! I guess the person that did this stripe job decided to guide himself using the vents on the hood. If these are painted, this will end up being a very expensive paint job... I can't see this car bringing anything close to its starting bid.

You were very polite indeed. This looks awful! I guess the person that did this stripe job decided to guide himself using the vents on the hood. If these are painted, this will end up being a very expensive paint job... I can't see this car bringing anything close to its starting bid.

+1 on the bid

Maybe he did it himself and just doesn't know better. If the dealer did it ....yikes. Either way its a dam shame. Hopefully he will realize this and get them off. He'll never sell it looking like that, not at full pop. 60k not going to happen, even if the car were pristine which it aint.

KC666

For those that would like to sing along but don't know the words, here ya go....

485c_12.jpg

Isn't she lovely

Isn't she wonderfull

Isn't she precious

Less than 200 miles old

I never thought through love we'd be

Making one as lovely as she

But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she pretty

Truly the angel's best

Boy, I'm so happy

We have been heaven blessed

I can't believe what the stripes have done

through us it's given life to one

But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she lovely

Life and love are the same

Life is my vert with stripes

The meaning of her name

Shelby, it could have not been done

Without you who conceived the one

That's so very lovely made from love

6237_12.jpg

:hysterical2::hysterical2:

Not only is the spacing off but don't they look more narrow too, like the ones that come on the regular mustangs???

Archived