TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brought the Shelby Home 1 Year ago Today

CobraCrazy

I picked up my Shelby one year ago today! I've owned and loved a lot of cars (mostly Fords) but I can honestly say my Shelby has been more fun and has received more attention, by far, than any other. I celebrated by going down to The Shelby American Collection museum in Boulder, CO!

CC

Happy Birthday, and good for you! Enjoy!! :happy feet:

I picked up my Shelby one year ago today! I've owned and loved a lot of cars (mostly Fords) but I can honestly say my Shelby has been more fun and has received more attention, by far, than any other. I celebrated by going down to The Shelby American Collection museum in Boulder, CO!

CC

Are you kidding me,this photo is one of the nicest,clearest most pristine pictures i have ever seen on here,the detail and quality is just great,it helps that the car is clean as a babys butt too,and also you have the most beautiful color combo as well,trust me ,i know.

All the photos you have on here of your car are unbelievable.

happy birthday

Larry

Are you kidding me,this photo is one of the nicest,clearest most pristine pictures i have ever seen on here,the detail and quality is just great,it helps that the car is clean as a babys butt too,and also you have the most beautiful color combo as well,trust me ,i know.

All the photos you have on here of your car are unbelievable.

happy birthday

Larry

Thanks everyone,

especially Larry--you made my night. This forum is one of the things I've enjoyed most about owning my Shelby.

CC

Congratulations! Also, you just made me realize mine is 6 mos. old today. Time flies when you're having fun, as they say...

CC

CC,

I remember a year ago how we (CW, Elite, etc.) were all watching, waiting, agonizing over, and anticipating the arrival of our cars. Our build dates were all very close. I used the pictures you took of your car to help me through the last few days. We didn’t know for sure when our cars would get loaded onto the carriers. Lots of news about plant problems, production holds all making the wait that much more agonizing. Talking to Ralph on the phone helped. This forum and you guys in it helped make the wait bearable.

We all made it. I love my car too. It’s the best car I have ever owned. Her Birthday is coming up November 10th. My wife and I drove her home over 900 miles that day. :headspin:

Take care . . .

Drive fast, Drive safe . . . :shift: :burnout:

Congratulations CC

I remeber the day as well, I'll never forget it

Do you still like the car after one year?

any regreats?

Oh and yes you take awesome pictures

My got her home date is coming up close to Coldy's

What a great memory

SU is a great place to share our excitement

Great S H E L B Y's and some awesome Friends

CC,

I remember a year ago how we (CW, Elite, etc.) were all watching, waiting, agonizing over, and anticipating the arrival of our cars. Our build dates were all very close. I used the pictures you took of your car to help me through the last few days. We didn’t know for sure when our cars would get loaded onto the carriers. Lots of news about plant problems, production holds all making the wait that much more agonizing. Talking to Ralph on the phone helped. This forum and you guys in it helped make the wait bearable.

We all made it. I love my car too. It’s the best car I have ever owned. Her Birthday is coming up November 10th. My wife and I drove her home over 900 miles that day. :headspin:

Take care . . .

Drive fast, Drive safe . . . :shift: :burnout:

My birthday will be November 25th. I remember practically giving up. Then, when I was four hours from home on Thanksgiving day, I received a personal call from the owner of the dealership. I actually left the wife and kids on Thanksgiving day and she completely understood. :woohoo:

HSURB

My birthday will be November 25th. I remember practically giving up. Then, when I was four hours from home on Thanksgiving day, I received a personal call from the owner of the dealership. I actually left the wife and kids on Thanksgiving day and she completely understood. :woohoo:

HSURB

you got a good wife, a keeper for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

CC

Our baby's birthday was Nov 4th. We were at the SEMA show in Vegas last year during the first week of November and had gone to Shelby Automobiles Inc to take our kids on the tour of his operation and my wife got the call on her cell phone during the tour that it was being unloaded. We drove straight from the airport when we landed to the dealer. They hadn't finished the PDI yet so we had to go back a couple days later to pick it up. We also celebrated by going to the Shelby museum in Boulder last November for their annual Gala and got to meet Carroll Shelby as he was there for the 40th anniversary celebration. Had him sign some parts for us for a small donation to his childrens foundation. This year was our 25th wedding anniversary and technically the car was my wifes present to herself and we celebrated by going to the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup in Steamboat, CO as it fell on our anniversary. Have had a ball with the car this first year and it is now put away till next year as we are already getting some big snows. Can't wait till spring!

Our baby's birthday was Nov 4th. We were at the SEMA show in Vegas last year during the first week of November and had gone to Shelby Automobiles Inc to take our kids on the tour of his operation and my wife got the call on her cell phone during the tour that it was being unloaded. We drove straight from the airport when we landed to the dealer. They hadn't finished the PDI yet so we had to go back a couple days later to pick it up. We also celebrated by going to the Shelby museum in Boulder and got to meet Carroll Shelby as he was there for the 40th anniversary celebration. Had him sign some parts for us for a small donation to his childrens foundation. This year was our 25th wedding anniversary and technically the car was my wifes present to herself and we celebrated by going to the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup in Steamboat, CO as it fell on our anniversary. Have had a ball with the car this first year and it is now put away till next year as we are already getting some big snows. Can't wait till spring!

My Shelby was delivered Nov.7th 2006.

She went from Detroit to Augusta Ga. To LI NY.

10 months later went from LI NY to Detroit then to Las Vegas for the 40th Party and 40th conversion.

Then went From Las Vegas back to Detroit to LI NY all by truck.

I have 1725 miles on her now.

Here is a picture after the 40th.

Shelby40th-24.jpg

CC

Congrats, CC!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

That picture sure is familiar!

100_1294.jpg

My Shelby was delivered Nov.7th 2006.

She went from Detroit to Augusta Ga. To LI NY.

10 months later went from LI NY to Detroit then to Las Vegas for the 40th Party and 40th conversion.

Then went From Las Vegas back to Detroit to LI NY all by truck.

I have 1725 miles on her now.

Here is a picture after the 40th.

Shelby40th-24.jpg

One of the sweetest verts I've seen!

CC

Archived