TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tailights!

ive been trying to find a place to purcahse these tailights forever

1894975357_thumb1.jpg

i was told they are the european ones, but i still want a set.

I'm working on this for you right now,Almost sure that I have found them,Actually my dealer found them,My selling dealer kicks ass!BTW the credit goes to the parts dept. at Champion Ford in Nashville TN, 615-297-4111,Sorry about the mention if it offends anyone but most dealers would have blown me off when I asked about europeon tail lights,They can't order them but they did the leg work!

Here you go! Try, www.PERFORMANCELIGHTS.co.uk When you are on the home page scroll down to the bottomright hand corner and click on FORD lexus car lights,Then 16 up from the bottom of the page is what you want!

ive been trying to find a place to purcahse these tailights forever

1894975357_thumb1.jpg

i was told they are the european ones, but i still want a set.

I thought about this too but gave up when I heard of all the changes required. Since the bulbs must be switched differently in the UK, you'll have to make wiring changes too. Let me know if you get it all worked out. Not sure if the cops/DOT will have any issues with the changes you make.

Dave

I thought about this too but gave up when I heard of all the changes required. Since the bulbs must be switched differently in the UK, you'll have to make wiring changes too. Let me know if you get it all worked out. Not sure if the cops/DOT will have any issues with the changes you make.

Dave

Can you be a little more specific on the changes?

Can you be a little more specific on the changes?

I don't recall the exact particulars, but something like since the reverse light is obviously in a different position, the wiring for the center bulb must be changed so that it comes on with the reverse gate, and must NOT come on when the brakes are depressed. In addition, there's something about euro cars where they require something different in terms of the marker lights....can't recall whether it's that the marker lamps must blink with turn signals or what.

Suggest you contact Patrick...his screen name is something like pjtcobra or something....Grabber...what's his name?

He lives in Sweden I believe and had to go through the conversion I believe.

Dave

Dave

In the UK the white reverse light can only be lit when the reverse gear is engaged and at no other time, turn signal bulbs with clear lenses must be amber in color and blink when the turn signal is engaged and cannot be lit solid or blinking at any other time. A minimum of one fog light in the rear cluster is also mandatory, this is usually activated from the dash and it is only to be lit in bad visibility.

So I would guess these Euro lights come with a white reverse an amber blinker and a rear fog in each cluster as well as regular lights and brake lights.

In the UK the white reverse light can only be lit when the reverse gear is engaged and at no other time, turn signal bulbs with clear lenses must be amber in color and blink when the turn signal is engaged and cannot be lit solid or blinking at any other time. A minimum of one fog light in the rear cluster is also mandatory, this is usually activated from the dash and it is only to be lit in bad visibility.

So I would guess these Euro lights come with a white reverse an amber blinker and a rear fog in each cluster as well as regular lights and brake lights.

Thanks for that info!A fog light in the back?HMMMMMMMMMMM,I better do a little more research.When I went on their website and noticed some small looking fog lamps for a Mustang,Now I'm thinking they were for the rear!I'm going to try and contact these folks tomorrow and get any differences noted here.

Wait till you guys see what our good friend over at Recon are working on. If you guys don't know about Recon check out their site.. www.gorecon.com

They make the best looking and highest quality LED tail lights on the market for Diesel applications. They're working on the Mustang line right now and they'll also offer sequential turn signals.

We'll keep you guys posted as we're still a little ways away but you're going to love em.

Jared

Archived