TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black Shelby GT with black stripes???

90GT

Went to a local dealer today to pick up some parts for my GT and they had what appeared to be a black Shelby GT with black stripes. It had the black wheels, grille, and emblems. I first thought it was a Cali Special but it had the over the hood stripes and the Cali doesn't. I didn't get a close look at the car (parked in a garage, dealer said it just came in and was getting prepped) but from what I saw it appeared to be a Shelby GT or a very convincing cloan. I asked one of the salesman if it was and he said yes, who knows??? All I know is it looked bad as...... all blacked out with the flat black stripes!!! The car looked evil and had the Ford Racing suspension as it sat lower than the stock GT's parked near it.

If I was ever to get a Shelby GT it would have to look like this car, this thing was just nasty!!!

If it was a Shelby, somebody changed the stripes after it left SAI. It's probably not a S-GT despite what the saleman said.

I'm with you about the look. I think flat black side stripes on my alloy would also look good but I also really like being stripeless.

I didn't get a close look at the car because it was getting prepped as it had just been delivered. I didn't have my cell phone with me either so I don't have any pics. If it's not a Shelby GT it's a darn good cloan of one. This car had a black billet grille which I'm pretty sure is not a Shelby GT option. Could just be a Cali Special with dealer installed over the hood stripes. Either way the car looked bad as....!!!

If some one wanted a Shelby GT like this one I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult to get one. Afterall the only thing you would be changing is the color of the stripes. Couldn't be that big of a deal to have them put black stripes on instead of the silver.

it may not be a bad idea, if it is a sgt. SAI has lots and lots of cars left correct? they need to move them, if you got the bankroll im sure they will build what ever you want them to build. imo i also kind like the idea of it, imo it would look better than the black with red stripes of the arizona car

Roger, i would rather just have the wheels on my car, im just to tight to buy them :banghead:

If you ever decide to "do it" give MM a call. He will hook you up. You know a funny thing about these wheels, people either like em or hate em. Seems to be no in between.

I had originally wanted to get my Shelby GT either with Black Stripes or stripeless. Once the car was delivered to Shelby I called and was told that was not an option.

Mine was a pretty early build (#507) and the mod shop was not up and running at the time. Might be possible to get them to do that with an 08.

I once saw an 03 Mach I at a dealership that was black with flat black stripes---it was awesome.

I had originally wanted to get my Shelby GT either with Black Stripes or stripeless. Once the car was delivered to Shelby I called and was told that was not an option.

Mine was a pretty early build (#507) and the mod shop was not up and running at the time. Might be possible to get them to do that with an 08.

I once saw an 03 Mach I at a dealership that was black with flat black stripes---it was awesome.

That and the GT/CS.Very cool and subdued look,Almost bought a GT/CS optioned like that!

How do you like the Comp's so far? I'm liking the Nitto's, never had 'em before. I've had good experience with Toyo T1-S too.

Where did you get your banner done with your CSM# on it? That's very trick . . . :headspin:

Love em Wes. I switched the Goodyear F1 Supercar's on my 04 Cobra to BFG Comps and loved them. They were also standard equipment on my 95 Cobra R. It was realy a no brainer for me when selecting tires for the new wheels. Here is the link to the banner. They are more "authentic" looking now. Several of the members of Shelby Automobiles SGT forum have purchased since I posted pics of the garage. Their website is currently under construction but they do have the phone # listed.

http://www.ridgetopdesigns.com/aboutus.html

Here is the first rendition

Adamscameras254.jpg

7763_1.jpg

Here is the link to the banner. They are more "authentic" looking now. Several of the members of Shelby Automobiles SGT forum have purchased since I posted pics of the garage. Their website is currently under construction but they do have the phone # listed.

http://www.ridgetopdesigns.com/aboutus.html

Thanks Roger! I'll give em a call.

How do you like the Comp's so far? I'm liking the Nitto's, never had 'em before. I've had good experience with Toyo T1-S too.

Where did you get your banner done with your CSM# on it? That's very trick . . . :headspin:

wait till you have about 6 or 7 thousand miles on those nittos and you may say different. thats about all you are going to get out of them from my experience.

Archived