Gentlemen,

Please bring lawn chairs if you have them. Thank you. Steve

What else do you need? Let me know.

Thanks! Brance

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gentlemen,

For those of you coming I wanted to tell you a bit about volo. I dont know how many have been there but this weekend they have something special beyond the normal inside 400 vehicles for sale. They have an outside area where people will have another 300-400 cars for sale.

I talked to Jay,. owner son about our group. Requested we have a separate parking area as we are all a bit anal about where we park. He agreed!. We all must go at the same time and enter together. I told him NONE of our cars are for sale even though we will be parked in the same area.

Weather looks to be awesome Saturday and I have a volunteer head scout who will help look ahead.

Heres to a great day. If anyone needs anything please call. My phone number is listed above.

Regards, Steve

Gentlemen,

For those of you coming I wanted to tell you a bit about volo. I dont know how many have been there but this weekend they have something special beyond the normal inside 400 vehicles for sale. They have an outside area where people will have another 300-400 cars for sale.

I talked to Jay,. owner son about our group. Requested we have a separate parking area as we are all a bit anal about where we park. He agreed!. We all must go at the same time and enter together. I told him NONE of our cars are for sale even though we will be parked in the same area.

Weather looks to be awesome Saturday and I have a volunteer head scout who will help look ahead.

Heres to a great day. If anyone needs anything please call. My phone number is listed above.

Regards, Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for coordinating the parking at Volo because I do fall under the anal parking crowd. I am looking forward to the day and seeing everybody. Looks like you still need some sides so I will bring an Avocado dip and chips.

See you Saturday.

Bennett

LuLu is filling up fast, here's what I'm bringing...

Four six-packs of fruit juice in variety, small, I think 8 oz. This stuff goes fast with kids. It's just about all I drink too, but it tastes better with some "Jack" on board., Not bringing that.

Two boxes of individually wrapped snacks, like Oreos, Reese PB something, Cheese-Its and so on. Think lunch box/vending machine size, maybe six packages in each box, again with the kids in mind.

Three bags of Ruffles potato chips.

Two containers of french onion dip.

Three bags of Tostitos "dipper" chips.

Two containers of Chi-Chi's garden salsa, mild.

One bag of pretzels.

My own "home made" cole slaw.

One whole medium size "seedless" watermelon.

Two lawn chairs (it's all I own) and if I have room, I'll try and bring a 3X4 folding table.

GMRS personal radios (4) and one industrial size/strength garbage bag.

Slicks, helmet, 4 gallons of 106 octane...Oh, sorry, wrong BBQ...

LuLu is filling up fast, here's what I'm bringing...

Four six-packs of fruit juice in variety, small, I think 8 oz. This stuff goes fast with kids. It's just about all I drink too, but it tastes better with some "Jack" on board., Not bringing that.

Two boxes of individually wrapped snacks, like Oreos, Reese PB something, Cheese-Its and so on. Think lunch box/vending machine size, maybe six packages in each box, again with the kids in mind.

Three bags of Ruffles potato chips.

Two containers of french onion dip.

Three bags of Tostitos "dipper" chips.

Two containers of Chi-Chi's garden salsa, mild.

One bag of pretzels.

My own "home made" cole slaw.

One whole medium size "seedless" watermelon.

Two lawn chairs (it's all I own) and if I have room, I'll try and bring a 3X4 folding table.

GMRS personal radios (4) and one industrial size/strength garbage bag.

Slicks, helmet, 4 gallons of 106 octane...Oh, sorry, wrong BBQ...

What no kitchen sink? :poke::hysterical:

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

My mother in law make the best lemon bars I've ever tasted--I'm trying to persuade her to make some for me to bring. I'm also going to bring some loaded baked potato salad and chips.

Do you need any disposable plates/cups/utensils?

I can offically make it.Woo-hoo!!! I will bring some folding chairs roughly 4-6 chairs, chips,soda and whatever I can get. Im actually looking foward to the cruise. A bunch of shelby's all in one line. Bring camera's. The weather is looking good too.

We will be bringing my Wife's famous fruit plate & dip, drinks, chairs, 13 Year old Son & whatever else we can fit in. Would it be OK to throw a 66' coupe in the convoy? We would like to meet up with you guy's around Volo since we are headed south. Let me know.

Thanks Brance

I had a great time as well today! It was well worth the drive to meet everyone. Thanks Steve for having my son Charlie,I, and the Bullitt over to your house. Hopefully we will be able to make somemore get togethers, it was really great seeing all the Shelby's together and look forward to seeing some of the pic's!

I have to say that was probably the first time in my life that I just hooked up with a group that I never met before and everyone was so nice! Now at least I kind of know who is who on the board posting......except I still might get some of the Steve's mixed up!

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone and enjoy them Shelby's!

Steve......from Wi

Cara and I were VERY GLAD we made the trip down to meet up with everyone. It was a great day. Now we know that Steve can order weather I guess he can do it again for next time.

Thanks again to our hosts for allowing us to invade their home and neighborhood. Not sure if I told you Steve but Bonner Rd was worth a 100 for me. On the way home I hit an open stretch uphill stretch of interstate that was good for 110 and that was with the A/C runninghappy%20feet.gif.

We got some good group pictures so if I can get email addresses I will send out the full version of the pictures.

Steve

post-2867-1211718427.jpg

post-2867-1211718427.jpg

Steve, Thank you and your lovely wife for hosting the event. We had a grat time and the boys had alot of fun keeping the dog busy. Im glad to have met some really nice people. I personally enjoyed the high speed runs on the back roads. I would like to thank Ken for the scouting and Jeff for all the work to put it together with Steve. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Steve R

ShowCar

And you can never have too many Steves! We could have used more GT500's. In any event it was a great drive and all around day. :yahoo: :beerchug:

Agreed on the Steve's! If we are able to make it down for another meet I will bring a 500. My vert would have matched in the pic's better! :D Also big thanks for posting the pic, my son has been asking me if any showed up yet.

We had a great time!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Steve & Margaret for hosting a GREAT PARTY!!!!!!!!! & Jeff for helping to put it together. It was nice to meet you & the others & to put Faces with the names as Lulu, I mean Mac said :shades: Good to see Jeff & Steve R. again. Pic's turned out great. :camera: Actually Showcar & I had a little fun run up Hwy. 12 on the way home. I'm thinking about hosting something July 20th. If the date is good let me know and i'll work on the details.

P.S. Thanks Steve for taking one for the team :drool:

Thanks again for a Great day! Brance

A great time had by all! Connor talked about it 90 miles and hour for the first 30 minutes of the ride home before falling asleep for the remainder of the trip. To the new friends we met Brance, Steve R and WI Steve...it was a pleasure to meet you guys. To the rest, it was a pleasure seeing you all again and enjoying the the company/drive/museum.

Steve and Margaret-Thank you so much for hosting and sharing your beautiful home with us. The meal was delicious! The route you had planned for us made for some fun driving.

Will post some photos later, having a slight issue with the camera right now.

Archived