TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Northern IL Spring Fling BBQ!

JeffIsHereToo

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna check the date on the calendar. Do you guys mind a 500 crashing the party? We were planning on making a run to Gurnee in June some time so maybe I can move it up and just take Friday off. Also meeting up with our group that ran :shift: to Hermann would be great!

Gonna check the date on the calendar. Do you guys mind a 500 crashing the party? We were planning on making a run to Gurnee in June some time so maybe I can move it up and just take Friday off. Also meeting up with our group that ran :shift: to Hermann would be great!

Sure!

I will be PMing the address and time in the next few days to all that express interest.

I'd love to be there, but my son is graduating from High School on May 24th, plus it is my 29th wedding anniversary so I'll have to pass on this date, darn. Have fun!

Dave

Hey guys, any idea what time we're thinking for the Spring Fling??

Not yet. Steve and I are talking next week when he gets back from Japan but our thinking is to meet up at his house, drop everything off, then cruise to Volo swing by the museum, and then come back for the BBQ. So I am thinking it will be a 10-11AM meet up at Steve's with the actual BBQ Around 1:30-2PM?

Open to thoughts and suggestions!

Not yet. Steve and I are talking next week when he gets back from Japan but our thinking is to meet up at his house, drop everything off, then cruise to Volo swing by the museum, and then come back for the BBQ. So I am thinking it will be a 10-11AM meet up at Steve's with the actual BBQ Around 1:30-2PM?

Open to thoughts and suggestions!

We are open. We will be in Gurnee so we are not too far from Cary to begin with.

I just check with mapquest and am about a 3 hr drive, I cant say for sure if i can go at this point but will strongly consider it. if someone can pm the address and more details ,i can try to arrange for the trip. i would be driving from Dubuque. it would be cool to try to arrange for a shelby car show :happy feet:

All:

Steve and I will be talking next week and I will publish all the info here as well as PM. This is getting a "little" larger than I expected, which is good, and I want to make sure we have enough to do for both the adults and those bringing kids. For those driving a long distance I also want to make sure we have some fun things to do that make the trip worth while.

Hang in there and REALLY looking forward to seeing you all!

All:

Steve and I will be talking next week and I will publish all the info here as well as PM. This is getting a "little" larger than I expected, which is good, and I want to make sure we have enough to do for both the adults and those bringing kids. For those driving a long distance I also want to make sure we have some fun things to do that make the trip worth while.

Hang in there and REALLY looking forward to seeing you all!

If there is anything I can do to help (and I can be quite resourceful), please contact me?

No PMs, e-mail only to SergntMac@aol.com, or, TX 312.401.1396.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this day too.

If there is anything I can do to help (and I can be quite resourceful), please contact me?

No PMs, e-mail only to SergntMac@aol.com, or, TX 312.401.1396.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this day too.

Thank you sir!

More soon!

Shelbydream and all

Yes we are still on and yes families are welcomed. Jeff has volunteered to coordinate as I just returned home. We will be working through who can bring what but this is a go! Jeff will be providing details etc. , so please book it for next Saturday starting at 10 am. Let me know if you need any further input. Lulu if you could bring your walkie talkies that would be great for "scouts" Steve

Shelbydream and all

Yes we are still on and yes families are welcomed. Jeff has volunteered to coordinate as I just returned home. We will be working through who can bring what but this is a go! Jeff will be providing details etc. , so please book it for next Saturday starting at 10 am. Let me know if you need any further input. Lulu if you could bring your walkie talkies that would be great for "scouts" Steve

I've already got it on the schedule, was just wondering if we had any additional details as to time, what you wanted me to bring, etc. Just let me know. As of this time, Connor is planning on coming along. I'll put a 10am start on my calendar-are we meeting at your place or Volo or another designated location? If it's your place advise of address so that may plan travel time. Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday.

I'll bring my Shelbyfest photos.

Lulu if you could bring your walkie talkies that would be great for "scouts" Steve

Done! Anything else?

Could someone please e-mail me the address for my GPS?

SergntMac@aol.com

Do not PM, my PM system is shut off.

***** UPDATE ******

Midwest Shelby Spring Fling BBQ!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Food & Drink: BYOB! (Please drink lightly if at all!) Steve will have pork and buns. I will bring hot dogs and hamburgers. If others can bring desert, chips...beans..salad..etc that would be great! Please post what you intend to bring so we don't have 10 tubs of potato salad.

Schedule as follows:

- 9:30 am - Meet at Steve's house (address below).

Steve lives on a cudelsac so park at the end near the curbs..should be plenty of room. Steve will have his car (white, the fastest color) parked in front of house. Please don't use the driveway as I live on a golf course and sometimes, not often golf balls hit near the driveway.

- 10:00 am - Depart for Volo Car Museum (http://volocars.com/)

In addition to the usual stuff (Eleanor, etc.) they are having their Spring Expo and Car Corral, always a good time and a favorite of Carroll's! $9 per adult entrance fee.

- 10:30 AM Arrive Volo Car Museum

We will travel on several back roads Steve has scoped out. If lulu can bring his walkie talkies we will have someone ahead scouting certain areas where we can run them a bit. At Volo we can see review Spring corral and inside show for about 1.5 hours...maybe more if people are into it.

- 12:00 (approximately) Depart for Steve's house

At noon or so we will return to Steve's house. Again, Steve has some roads picked out.

- 1:00 pm Arrive Steve's house for BBQ

- 1:00 pm - ???? BBQ at Steve's

We think people would start heading home around 3pm or if we wanted another Shelby run, etc.

All this is optional, some may choose to meet us at Volo or just come to the BBQ at 1PM, it's flexible!

Address:

9 Bordeaux Ct.

Cary, Illinois, 60013

phone 847-462-1846

Jeff's Cell: (630) 881-4329

Attending So Far (13 cars):

Lulu

ShelbyDream1

sbornitz

07SGT4648

ShowCar

WI-GT/SC

MrHugger

JeffIsHereToo

mschmalzsr

ShelbyTom

cccorr

Dream Come True

+1 Non-Site owner

If I have forgotten anyone please post or send me a PM.

If you are bringing kids, spouse, girlfriend, both or all three, please send me a note or PM as well. We have 4-5 kids of various ages that will be attending but I wanted to get a better head count.

Thanks to Steve for hosting us this spring, and looking forward to meeting you all!

-Jeff

Jeff

If possible can we confirm car type and location. Thanx Steve

From people's published profiles:

Lulu - SGT, Oak Lawn, IL

ShelbyDream1 - GT500, Roscoe, IL

sbornitz - GT500, WI

07SGT4648 - SGT, Dubuque IA

ShowCar - SGT, IL

WI-GT/SC - SGT, WI

MrHugger - SGT, Cary, IL

JeffIsHereToo - SGT, Gurnee