TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Charcoal Aluminum finish instrument panel appliqué-ribbed

NeoGeo630

Hello forum members!!! I'm a new member here and this is my first post. I'm going to be ordering a 2008 Mustang GT Premium soon (hopefully tomorrow!!). I'm going to be getting the interior upgrade package and I'm wondering about the charcoal instrument panel. Does anyone have this option on their vehicle? If so, can you share a photo of this? I've never seen this option before on any mustang I've come across. All the cars I've seen on the dealer lots have the satin aluminum. I'd appreciate anyone who can share a photo of this. Thanks!

Hello forum members!!! I'm a new member here and this is my first post. I'm going to be ordering a 2008 Mustang GT Premium soon (hopefully tomorrow!!). I'm going to be getting the interior upgrade package and I'm wondering about the charcoal instrument panel. Does anyone have this option on their vehicle? If so, can you share a photo of this? I've never seen this option before on any mustang I've come across. All the cars I've seen on the dealer lots have the satin aluminum. I'd appreciate anyone who can share a photo of this. Thanks!

Welcome NeoGeo630

Hey Neogeo630, I'm new here too and also plan on a new GT order soon, let me know how it goes , good question on the instrument panel, I got the build sheet from my dealer and he had the satin code, I was wondering what the charcoal looked like....Good Luck with your order !

Hey guys,

So I'm going in tomorrow (sunday) to put my order in. The internet/fleet manager agreed to sell me the vehicle with any options for invoice price. The only question I had on the order sheet he sent me was the FDAF Assessment fee of $420 dollars. According to him its the "Ford dealer ads fee, this for all the great ads you see on tv. they charge us we charge you". I'm not TOO worried about this fee since he is willing to sell the vehicle to me for invoice price. I'll let him make the $420. But I'm curious if anyone else has heard of this fee before? He said the order would take 8 to 10 weeks and I would be eligible for any special incentives (cash back, apr, etc) at the time of delivery. I'm getting the following:

2008 Mustang GT Premium

Black Clearcoat

Dark Charcoal Leather

Interior Upgrade Package

Comfort Package

3.55 Limited Slip

Active Anti Theft

HID Headlamps

The price is $27,970.23 + tax and license. I did alot of research and this seems to be a pretty darn good deal. Anyone have any opinions on this? I'd sure like to hear them.

Great news! :happy feet:

Doesn't Ford have a $1000 cash back going now? Don't forget to check - you can check on Fordvehicles .com and build a car. That is a good price but I think an X-plan price might be a little lower. Post a topic saying I need a x-plan pin and someone might give you one.

The advertising fee is pretty standard but make sure you ask about the TT&L fees and check all the numbers. Often dealers stick a bigger than necessary "document fee" there. You can call your tax assessor & collector and see what the official fee should be.

Hey guys,

So I'm going in tomorrow (sunday) to put my order in. The internet/fleet manager agreed to sell me the vehicle with any options for invoice price. The only question I had on the order sheet he sent me was the FDAF Assessment fee of $420 dollars. According to him its the "Ford dealer ads fee, this for all the great ads you see on tv. they charge us we charge you". I'm not TOO worried about this fee since he is willing to sell the vehicle to me for invoice price. I'll let him make the $420. But I'm curious if anyone else has heard of this fee before? He said the order would take 8 to 10 weeks and I would be eligible for any special incentives (cash back, apr, etc) at the time of delivery. I'm getting the following:

2008 Mustang GT Premium

Black Clearcoat

Dark Charcoal Leather

Interior Upgrade Package

Comfort Package

3.55 Limited Slip

Active Anti Theft

HID Headlamps

The price is $27,970.23 + tax and license. I did alot of research and this seems to be a pretty darn good deal. Anyone have any opinions on this? I'd sure like to hear them.

Welcome to the site & enjoy your car once you get it.

This price is similar to what I got on my '07, except I got the NAV & no anti-theft (HIDs weren't available). I got mine for $250 over invoice & came to $31k out the door.

I see if you order one you get whatever incentives are available at the time of delivery,Right?So if they increase the incentives GOOD,If they pull back on them BAD!Any reason that you can't pull one like you want from another dealers inventory,Unless you are not afraid of losing the current incentives?

I see if you order one you get whatever incentives are available at the time of delivery,Right?So if they increase the incentives GOOD,If they pull back on them BAD!Any reason that you can't pull one like you want from another dealers inventory,Unless you are not afraid of losing the current incentives?

Well, I haven't been able to find a car with the exact options I want from any local dealers inventory. The cars on the lot either have a couple of the options I want or have options that I don't want along with the options I want. It seems that many of the cars on the lots here in southern california have the GT appearance package which I really do not want, more specifically the non-functioning hood scoop. So I decided on ordering one. Yes, I'm taking a chance on losing the 1000 cash incentive. I'm hoping maybe when my car is delivered there will be some sort of incentive still and also maybe a special APR. I also need the time to sell my current car as well. I'm very excited about getting this car! I've been waiting a long time (since this model came out) to get this car and now I'm finally doing it.

Great news! :happy feet:

Doesn't Ford have a $1000 cash back going now? Don't forget to check - you can check on Fordvehicles .com and build a car. That is a good price but I think an X-plan price might be a little lower. Post a topic saying I need a x-plan pin and someone might give you one.

The advertising fee is pretty standard but make sure you ask about the TT&L fees and check all the numbers. Often dealers stick a bigger than necessary "document fee" there. You can call your tax assessor & collector and see what the official fee should be.

What are the typical doc fees that everyone has been charged? Yeah, I think the x-plan price is typically 1000 less than invoice price? But I think not every dealer is obligated to take the x-plan and also it has to be a car off the lot. I'd be willing to take a car from a dealer lot even if it had one or two options I didn't exactly want if I was able to get the x-plan price. Maybe I'll give it a shot and post for an x-plan pin. Thanks moabman!

I think they would be glad to take an X plan order. I think they will get to pocket the hold back on an order so there's a nice incentive for them. Ford pays for the x-plan.

That's interesting...I did not know that! Well, I posted in the Ford employee section. Guess we'll see if anyone is willing to provide me with a pin. Hope so!

What are the typical doc fees that everyone has been charged? Yeah, I think the x-plan price is typically 1000 less than invoice price? But I think not every dealer is obligated to take the x-plan and also it has to be a car off the lot. I'd be willing to take a car from a dealer lot even if it had one or two options I didn't exactly want if I was able to get the x-plan price. Maybe I'll give it a shot and post for an x-plan pin. Thanks moabman!

I ordered my 2007 Mustang GT/CS using the X-Plan. It does not have to be off the lot. At least not at the dealership I used. I ordered with the options I wanted and had it in my garage in 12 weeks.

I ordered my 2007 Mustang GT/CS using the X-Plan. It does not have to be off the lot. At least not at the dealership I used. I ordered with the options I wanted and had it in my garage in 12 weeks.

Another one of my stupid questions. What is the X plan. Thanks for any help or info. Mike

Another one of my stupid questions. What is the X plan. Thanks for any help or info. Mike

The New Vehicle Purchase Plan for Friends and Neighbors (X-Plan) is offered by the Ford Motor Company to encourage employees and retirees to promote Ford Motor Company products among their friends and neighbors. This program offers exclusive discount pricing on certain Ford Motor Company products.

Ford Motor Company Friends and Neighbors

Through the X-Plan, Ford Motor Company employees and retirees are allocated four personal identification numbers (PINs) per year that they many give to eligible friends and neighbors to purchase discounted vehicles.

Friends and neighbors are eligible for the X-Plan if they are identified and sponsored by a Ford Motor Company employee or retiree before visiting a dealership. Friends and neighbors wishing to participate in the X-Plan may not discuss a retail purchase of a vehicle with a dealer prior to applying for an X-Plan.

For additional information on the X-Plan, friends and neighbors should contact any Ford Motor Company employee or retiree.

I work for BP and have the X-Plan.

The New Vehicle Purchase Plan for Friends and Neighbors (X-Plan) is offered by the Ford Motor Company to encourage employees and retirees to promote Ford Motor Company products among their friends and neighbors. This program offers exclusive discount pricing on certain Ford Motor Company products.

Ford Motor Company Friends and Neighbors

Through the X-Plan, Ford Motor Company employees and retirees are allocated four personal identification numbers (PINs) per year that they many give to eligible friends and neighbors to purchase discounted vehicles.

Friends and neighbors are eligible for the X-Plan if they are identified and sponsored by a Ford Motor Company employee or retiree before visiting a dealership. Friends and neighbors wishing to participate in the X-Plan may not discuss a retail purchase of a vehicle with a dealer prior to applying for an X-Plan.

For additional information on the X-Plan, friends and neighbors should contact any Ford Motor Company employee or retiree.

I work for BP and have the X-Plan.

So if you work for BP, are you allowed to get a pin for someone else? Or is it just for you since you are actually not an employee of Ford but rather a Ford affiliated company? I found out that one of my close friends has the x-plan also. He doesn't work for Ford but does work for a vendor of Ford. But from what I read it doesn't seem like he can get a pin for the x-plan for anyone else but himself. The dealer will actually look up the social security number to verify the pin and verify that if the person actually is an employee of a Ford affiliated company. Any light you can shed on this would be appreciated.

So if you work for BP, are you allowed to get a pin for someone else? Or is it just for you since you are actually not an employee of Ford but rather a Ford affiliated company? I found out that one of my close friends has the x-plan also. He doesn't work for Ford but does work for a vendor of Ford. But from what I read it doesn't seem like he can get a pin for the x-plan for anyone else but himself. The dealer will actually look up the social security number to verify the pin and verify that if the person actually is an employee of a Ford affiliated company. Any light you can shed on this would be appreciated.

Since we (BP) supply Ford with some products for their vehicles, we are offered the X-Plan. Ford employees are allowed up to four per year to give to anyone and have seen some offers of X-Plan PINS on this site.

With the charcoal applique' I think it gets lost a little in an all black interior. I like the satin silver panel better personally, and it was what I got in my car. The charcoal panel looks very nice in the light grey interior because you have the black dash, charcoal panel, then the lighter grey underneath. Sweet combo, and I would have considered this if I'd been able to order a car. The deals around here were too good to not hunt for a nice one on the lot, though.

All subjective IMHO of course.

With the charcoal applique' I think it gets lost a little in an all black interior. I like the satin silver panel better personally, and it was what I got in my car. The charcoal panel looks very nice in the light grey interior because you have the black dash, charcoal panel, then the lighter grey underneath. Sweet combo, and I would have considered this if I'd been able to order a car. The deals around here were too good to not hunt for a nice one on the lot, though.

All subjective IMHO of course.

I agree going with the satin panel for the black interior. That is what I went with on my 07 GT/CS.

Archived