TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H verts on eBay...starting bid, $50K.....

DAYTONA

...the dealer has 5 in stock, but will only sell on eBay...I understand they are limited to 500 units, but $50K for a used 2007, possibly whipped, 300 hp car, or $50K for a new 2008 GT 500 vert....I think the dealers will have a difficult time getting big $$$ out of these with so many other options on the table from Ford....I want one, but will wait till they calm down a bit....the coupe prices seem to have already fallen hard...500 each is quite a few for the automotive hobby to absorb all at one time........it will be interesting to see where they go pricewise in the next few months...

The first GT-H convertible went for around $72k - $75k a few weeks ago and other than a few snippets on these boards, there wasn't much hurray for it. Maybe now that more people know they're coming out, there will be more bids?

Coupe prices have dropped, which is probably predictable, but let's remember that the first few sold went for higher prices AND were in the most pristine condition that you could find them. The ones that are now selling for low to mid $30s have significantly higher mileage, door dings, etc. The convertibles will be the same, but I doubt they will ever lose that convertible vs. coupe premium as with any car.

I doubt that all the convertibles will be released at once. There are still plenty in rental use (even though it's the winter in most places) and it wouldn't surprise me if the bulk of the cars aren't even shipped out for auction until later this year / early next year, just in time for convertible shopping season. You're totally right though - the longer they wait, the more competition they'll face (JUST FROM OTHER MUSTANG VERSIONS!).

The first GT-H convertible went for around $72k - $75k a few weeks ago and other than a few snippets on these boards, there wasn't much hurray for it. Maybe now that more people know they're coming out, there will be more bids?

Coupe prices have dropped, which is probably predictable, but let's remember that the first few sold went for higher prices AND were in the most pristine condition that you could find them. The ones that are now selling for low to mid $30s have significantly higher mileage, door dings, etc. The convertibles will be the same, but I doubt they will ever lose that convertible vs. coupe premium as with any car.

I doubt that all the convertibles will be released at once. There are still plenty in rental use (even though it's the winter in most places) and it wouldn't surprise me if the bulk of the cars aren't even shipped out for auction until later this year / early next year, just in time for convertible shopping season. You're totally right though - the longer they wait, the more competition they'll face (JUST FROM OTHER MUSTANG VERSIONS!).

the first one I saw on eBay was the one with 149 miles on it....probably the same one you saw....it will command a little premium due to the LOW miles, but that too will pass....there are just too many Mustang "special editions" to keep up with, and more on the way...

REALLY surprised these are going out of service so soon. They just got them! Strange. They are asking too much for a daily rental though. I rented the coupe twice in 06 when traveling on business and both times got the daily rate down to around $89. I couldn't get them below $179 when I tried to rent the vert. They're fun but that's just too much $$$, IMHO!

I'm guessing certain markets in the Northwest and Northeast probably wouldn't be renting too many this winter. In that Shelby e-article in the other forums, they noted that as of Aug 13, 2007, there were still a few '07 GT-Hs to be completed and delivered. The ones being listed now must either be (a) from those winter markets or (B) Hertz guys who kept the car under wraps just waiting for the auctions to start (look at the low mileage).

• 2 weeks later...
Just from checking eBay, it looks like at least two or three convertibles have been sold thus far. Anyone here buy one - let's hear about it!

...I've seen the same one on there 2 or 3 times, but it hasn't sold....I called to buy straight out and he told me they were going to run all 5 of theirs on EBay, it didn't reach reserve.....then they put up a pretty high BIN, and it bid to $50K.....now it's on again.....the GT500 at MSRP is going to kill the Hertz cars for the dealers....would you rather have a used 07 HERTZ for $65K or an 08 GT500 with 200 more horses for $MSRP

At least one went through at $72,500 a short while ago. Two others were pulled.

You make a good point about the GT500s, but how many GT500 convertibles are there and how many are selling for MSRP? I don't know if GT-H buyers are the same as GT500 buyers (I wasn't interested, regardless of the price difference).

At least one went through at $72,500 a short while ago. Two others were pulled.

You make a good point about the GT500s, but how many GT500 convertibles are there and how many are selling for MSRP? I don't know if GT-H buyers are the same as GT500 buyers (I wasn't interested, regardless of the price difference).

I think the one that brought $72K was the one with 149 miles, it was a non rented baby of a Hertz executive....

...agree, I am a Hertz buyer, not a GT 500 fan....but others might look at the price difference and go with newer, faster and cheaper....be interesting to see how this one plays out.........I'm patient

...ps...what is MSRP on these cars...$39-42K ???

The first one did have 149 miles. I e-mailed the seller (about 30 miles away) and he claimed it was a legitimate rental unit, only it was rented just one time. He verified the mileage (I believe the seller was a Hertz re-sale center). It was supposedly a local rental from the Pacific Northwest.

That one sold for between $70 and $75.

The dealer in Ohio had a "sold" listing on eBay for $72.5, but you may be right that the sale fell through and we are seeing the same car listed multiple times. I didn't write down the CSM or anything.

If a buyer wants a "Shelby," there are several to choose from (07, 08 SGTs, 06, 07 GT-Hs, and 07, 08 GT500s). On the other hand, if they want a limited edition, that means GT-H or perhaps the orange California models. I had the option to buy a new black SGT versus the used Hertz and it wasn't really a serious question in my mind (looking back, both would have been *really* rare here in Oregon).

Seeing how the last of the convertibles probably didn't even shop out to Hertz until a few months ago, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't hit the auction block for another nine to twelve months. Someone else just posted that the Hertz in Atlanta still has a few coupes for rent . . . if those ever end up selling, I'm sure they stand a good chance to be "bargain basement" relative to the rest.

I think the one that brought $72K was the one with 149 miles, it was a non rented baby of a Hertz executive....

...agree, I am a Hertz buyer, not a GT 500 fan....but others might look at the price difference and go with newer, faster and cheaper....be interesting to see how this one plays out.........I'm patient

...ps...what is MSRP on these cars...$39-42K ???

$39k - $42k for the 08 SGT Coupe.

$48k - $50k for the 08 SGT Vert.

Those are MSRP prices.

The one I have coming has an MSRP of $49,500 which is the 08 SGT Vert

I imagine the SGT-H would have the same MSRP. Of course, Hertz probably got them all at great price through fleet pricing.

Did anyone watch the most recent eBay listing? Had it bid up to $49,999 or so and then a mysterious bidder went for $65,000 with less than a minute to go. Strangely, that was also the B.I.N. price. Five bucks says the seller re-lists (no way of knowing who that last bidder was, but we can guess . . .).

Too bad, someone was ready to buy. :(

Did anyone watch the most recent eBay listing? Had it bid up to $49,999 or so and then a mysterious bidder went for $65,000 with less than a minute to go. Strangely, that was also the B.I.N. price. Five bucks says the seller re-lists (no way of knowing who that last bidder was, but we can guess . . .).

Too bad, someone was ready to buy. :(

...that same car has been on there 3 times already.....pulled early once, bid to $50K once.....I don't trust them, especially after I talked to the sales manager, he flat out lied to me on the first call....he also said he had 5 of them, hope he likes driving them next summer :hysterical2:

post-11470-1196057774_thumb.jpgpost-11470-1196057750_thumb.jpgpost-11470-1196057825_thumb.jpgpost-11470-1196057848_thumb.jpgpost-11470-1196057913_thumb.jpgHi all,

Just joined Team Shelby yesterday. I have been reading all comments with the greatest interest on this forum and also the other web site forums . Really have been having fun with these wonderful cars. As a previous owner of GT 350 H #6S0671, it is interesting to see and feel the difference between the two models. Drove GT-H 6H0206 home from Calif. a few weeks ago and had a ball. I turned a 1500 mile trip into a 2400 mile trip. I will attach a few pictures.

TomG

Owner

GT-H's

6H0016

6H0206

6H0235

6H0386

post-11470-1196057750_thumb.jpg

post-11470-1196057774_thumb.jpg

post-11470-1196057825_thumb.jpg

post-11470-1196057848_thumb.jpg

post-11470-1196057913_thumb.jpg