TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Southeast Virginia Roll Call

Dig-It

To anyone interested, The Southeastern Virginia Shelby Club is having our meeting back at Kimnach Ford on Virginia Beach Blvd., Wednesday April 2nd. about 7:30PM. We are a pretty informal group of Shelby enthusiasts. Anyone is welcome.

Calvin,

I had a good time tonight. It was great meeting all you guys. Any Shelby enthusiasts in the Hampton Roads area would enjoy this group of guys. Look forward to the next get together!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed meeting the ones of you that showed up to the meeting in April..... We had a good turnout. Bruce was doing his best to chase new people away (only kidding:-). Next meeting is May 7th at Kimnach Ford about 7:30 PM. Anyone is welcome, the old saying is "Ownership is not essential, enthusiasm is!!"

I went out to Bass Pro Shops cruise night in Hampton, this past Saturday. It was the first Saturday night with really good weather, and everyone brought their cars out. I saw a few new GT500's. There was a red convertible, and a couple of GT500 coupes. Anyone from this group there?

There is a Mustang show at the Hampton Bass Pro Shops On May 4th. I will probably dust off the GT350 for that one since we have been unable to make it out to an autocross yet this year.

I enjoyed meeting the ones of you that showed up to the meeting in April..... We had a good turnout. Bruce was doing his best to chase new people away (only kidding:-). Next meeting is May 7th at Kimnach Ford about 7:30 PM. Anyone is welcome, the old saying is "Ownership is not essential, enthusiasm is!!"

I went out to Bass Pro Shops cruise night in Hampton, this past Saturday. It was the first Saturday night with really good weather, and everyone brought their cars out. I saw a few new GT500's. There was a red convertible, and a couple of GT500 coupes. Anyone from this group there?

There is a Mustang show at the Hampton Bass Pro Shops On May 4th. I will probably dust off the GT350 for that one since we have been unable to make it out to an autocross yet this year.

A lot of us were down in Nags Head last Saturday.

May 4th? Sounds good!

Yet another event I will miss :(

You will be missed as well. Don't worry, we'll catch you up!

Apr 26th (I know that is tomorrow), a nice charity car show on the Boardwalk at Virginia Beach. Here is the info:

http://www.beacheventsfun.com/beachstreetu...eb_site_025.htm

I should have posted this before now. My girlfriend is involved in organizing it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 27 April 2008 at 12:00 PM - SouthEastern Virginia Mustang Club's 2nd Annual Show-n-Shine

http://www.sevmc.org/e107/e107_plugins/cal...68800.event.152

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 4th Mustang Club of Tidewater at 09:00 AM - 17th Annual Spring Swap Meet & Car Show

http://www.sevmc.org/e107/e107_plugins/cal...906000.event.97

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 7th, Shelby Club meet at Kimnach Ford on Virginia Beach Blvd. Everyone is welcome.

May 18th Mustang Club of Tidewater show at Bayside Harley Davidson (really nice venu for a show)

http://www.mustangcluboftidewater.com/show.html

Sunday, April 20, 2008 At 08:00:00 AM Autocross @ ACU-4 Little Creek Amphib Base

Tidewater Sports Car Club

http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.com/ for more info

A couple of pretty hot Shelby GT's will definately be running, I should have the GT350 out there by then.

$20 entry fee. Lots of fun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And don't anyone miss this one:

May 30 - June 1, 2008 Danville, VA-

SVT Cobra 15th Anniversary and

2008 SVT Cobra & Shelby GT 500 Nationals

Join the SCMC as we celebrate 15 years of the SVT Cobra and

hold the 2008 SVT Cobra & Shelby GT 500 Nationals at

Virginia International Raceway in Danville, VA. The event

consists of three days of open track, a Saturday night banquet

and an SVT, Mustang, and Ford Show.

(Open track is "full course" on Friday with

"south course" on Saturday & Sunday)

http://www.scmcstore.com/store/product.php...cat=0&page=

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/indexfiles/200...vers-packet.pdf

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/mainpage.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ask any questions you want... SHow up at the Shelby Club meeting. Very informal group.... We might even collect dues this year, if the club meeds any money, eh... probably not.

• 1 month later...

Where has everyone been? Upcomming Shelby events worth mentioning:

Did anyone go to the GT500/SVT nationals last weekend at VIR? If so, give us a report!!!!!

------

Does everyone know that Carroll Shelby will be within driving distance if anyone wants to meet him? He will be at the Vintage races at VIR this weekend (June 6-8)

http://www.virclub.com/2008-vir-gold-cup/h...oric-races.html

-----

The Southeastern Virgina Shelby Club will have our meeting Wednesday June 4th at Kimnach Ford about 7:00 PM (I can't make it again because of work)....

-----

Who here goes up to Bass Pro Shops on Saturday nights? I have been up there (without the Shelby) the past few weeks. If I am not at VIR on Saturday I will be up there. My Girlfriend will probably be there with her 2007 California Special Mustang, even if I am not.

• 3 weeks later...

Southeastern Virginia Shelby Club meeting is July 2nd at Kimnach Ford about 7:30 PM. Anyone is welcome.

Who here makes it out to the Saturday night cruises at Bass Pro Shops on Saturday evenings? I have been there most Saturday this year. I see plenty of GT500's out there. Any of them from this list???

Southeastern Virginia Shelby Club meeting is July 2nd at Kimnach Ford about 7:30 PM. Anyone is welcome.

Who here makes it out to the Saturday night cruises at Bass Pro Shops on Saturday evenings? I have been there most Saturday this year. I see plenty of GT500's out there. Any of them from this list???

I have the 3rd off, I'll see if I can't make the meeting on the 2nd. And I've been meaning to go to the Bass Pro Shop. Maybe if the Shelby gets delivered during the day this Saturday, I'll swing up there with it. If not, maybe I'll just go anyway.

Hmmm, ideas.

Calvin,

I didn't make it to the last two get togethers, but I will be able to make it to the one this week. Also, I have been to the BPS get together once, but this is a hard one for me because I usually go down to NC on the weekends. See you this Wednesday.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to a small cruise night at the old Plaza Theater parking lot in Portsmouth at the intersection of Tyre Neck Rd and Churchland Blvd. I saw at least two, maybe three people from this list here. There were two GT500's and an '08 GT/SC convertible. I did not have the GT350 as I had ridden with my GF in her '08 California Special. The organizers of that cruise night are trying to make it a replacement for the Bass Pro Shops event now that the BPS management have decided that the cruise night has outgrown their parking lot. This is only about the 3rd weekend of the Portsmouth event, and considering that I thought they had a pretty good turnout.

I went to a small cruise night at the old Plaza Theater parking lot in Portsmouth at the intersection of Tyre Neck Rd and Churchland Blvd. I saw at least two, maybe three people from this list here. There were two GT500's and an '08 GT/SC convertible. I did not have the GT350 as I had ridden with my GF in her '08 California Special. The organizers of that cruise night are trying to make it a replacement for the Bass Pro Shops event now that the BPS management have decided that the cruise night has outgrown their parking lot. This is only about the 3rd weekend of the Portsmouth event, and considering that I thought they had a pretty good turnout.

I guess it's a good thing I read this. So the BPS thing is no longer? Dang, I was thinking about going by there tonight too. Maybe I will have to swing by the Portsmouth location to see how that looks.

I should be able to make it tonight. If we are not at the dealership Mark, we will be down at the Wendy's around the corner...sorry, I can't remember the street name but if you are heading down 58 towards VA Beach, it the first light past Kimnach. Make a right and about a half mile on the right is the Wendy's.

Archived