TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Southeast Virginia Roll Call

Dig-It

Hey all. I'm new to the boards at StangsUnleashed - Team Shelby and would like to know who lives in or around Hampton Roads in Southeast Virginia. I'm hoping we could exchange info on shows, local club meetings, automotive get to togethers, or whatever.

Later,

Dig-It

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess the dozen or so GT500 owners in the area don't know about these forums. Too bad. Seems like a lot of good info on here.

I guess it's up to you to spread the word.

I know of at least 3 (maybe 4) members of this site in your area. Two red coupes with white stripes and one red 'vert.

The fourth is a black 'vert, owned by some freeloader.

MM - where the heck is Freeloader, anyhow?

Hi Dig-it,

I live in VA Beach. I don't have my 08 SGT yet but hope to get it soon (yes I know you know all this, but for the benefit of others...)

Every Saturday between 1500 and 1800, folks get together at Jenros (corner of Independence and Haygood in VA Beach). I've seen a few shelbys out there (gt 500s, gt 350s, cobras, 1 sgt and a few others) There is also a shelby club that meets at Kimnach ford and a mustang club that meets a beach ford.

Hi Dig-it,

I live in VA Beach. I don't have my 08 SGT yet but hope to get it soon (yes I know you know all this, but for the benefit of others...)

Every Saturday between 1500 and 1800, folks get together at Jenros (corner of Independence and Haygood in VA Beach). I've seen a few shelbys out there (gt 500s, gt 350s, cobras, 1 sgt and a few others) There is also a shelby club that meets at Kimnach ford and a mustang club that meets a beach ford.

all correct. im in VB as well as snoop. but im headin to the gulf on Mon. See you all next year.

For AFBLUE - I've been waiting for you to post to this thread - good to hear from you!

For gr8snkbite - take care of yourself and come home safe!

For all - I've been checking out the "Drive" section of the Friday VA Pilot newspaper and found the following:

Mustang Club of Tidewater meets at Cavalier Ford

Southeastern Virginia Mustang Club meets at Beach Ford

Mustang and Ford Club meets at Kimnach Ford

Chrome Pony meets in Elizabeth City NC

Styling Stangs of Hampton Roads meets in Yorktown

So it certainly seems like we have enough clubs in the area!

I've been thinking about joining one of the local clubs now that I have a little bit more time on my hands. The SEVMC seems to be the largest and most active (not positive - just perception), but Beach Ford is the furthest meeting place of all of the clubs from my house. A Shelby club seems attractive. AFBLUE is the Mustang and Ford club at Kimnach the one you're talking about?

BTW, is anyone else going to the Kimnach Ford car show on Saturday Nov 10th? gr8snkbite, I know you'll be on deployment. And AFBLUE, I know you'll be in Las Vegas taking a lot of pictures of OUR cars! ;)

Anyone else?

Dig-it,

Don't know anything about the Shelby Kimnach club (Southeastern VA Shelby American Auto Club) other than this link http://www.svsaac.com/

Haven't joined them yet, but most like will join the Southeastern Virginia Mustang Club meets at Beach Ford and/or the Kimnach one.

Yeah, haven't heard much about SVSAAC either. Sure wish the club news and forum link worked off of their home page.

Here is a picture taken in Manteo, NC, this past April. There are 3 GT500 coupes, 1 GT500 'vert, 1 SGT (in the middle), 1 S197 GT (a.k.a. the Rufstang), and 3 SN95 Mustangs that belong to members of the Chrome Ponies from Elizabeth City.

We have been getting together on the Outer Banks every April and October. Keep an eye out for info on the GT500 side of the forums, or, if you are interested in joining us next time, PM me. I'll add you to the "mailing list".

th_Greg025.jpg

Here is a picture taken in Manteo, NC, this past April. There are 3 GT500 coupes, 1 GT500 'vert, 1 SGT (in the middle), 1 S197 GT (a.k.a. the Rufstang), and 3 SN95 Mustangs that belong to members of the Chrome Ponies from Elizabeth City.

We have been getting together on the Outer Banks every April and October. Keep an eye out for info on the GT500 side of the forums, or, if you are interested in joining us next time, PM me. I'll add you to the "mailing list".

th_Greg025.jpg

Orf, you have mail. I'd be very interested. Sweet pic btw.

Anytime bro. I'm near CNU. Let me know, I'll get SCGT500 to come over too.

Cool, I'm just on the other side of the JRB from you.

Anyone going to Kimnach Ford this Saturday for the Mustang and Ford show? I'm taking the 2001 Mustang GT.

• 2 weeks later...
3 at most. More like 2.5.

Naw, more like 2.0 as long as you don't get caught. :hysterical2:

Hey Dig-It and AFBLUE, add me to the list, I should be home by the New Year. I won't have the SGT until April, but until then I can drive your cars right? :hysterical:

Oh yeah, I am in Norfolk, but will be going over to Portsmouth not too long after we get back (dry dock).

Matt

For me, I'll probably take 4 hours. Somehow I ended up on the great commonwealth's "Humans with unusually heavy right feet" list. :shrug:

Anyway, I've got you on the muster Matt. Not sure about the driving my car thing, but why don't you take a break and ride right seat for a while until your car arrives in April.

Say, you're not on the big K with Captain Bob (KSG ESG), are you?

Cheers! :beerchug:

For me, I'll probably take 4 hours. Somehow I ended up on the great commonwealth's "Humans with unusually heavy right feet" list. :shrug:

Anyway, I've got you on the muster Matt. Not sure about the driving my car thing, but why don't you take a break and ride right seat for a while until your car arrives in April.

Say, you're not on the big K with Captain Bob (KSG ESG), are you?

Cheers! :beerchug:

Hey why is that you and Mark can't trust me with your 38K cars when Uncle Sam trusts me with 38M in helicopter? :hysterical:

Nope, I'm actually on the Wasp. I do talk to my counterpart over there sometimes. If you know someone over there PM me and I will send a message over to them!

Anyways, sure looking forward to being home and I might just take you up on that ride. See you soon and until then enjoy the Holiday season. :headspin:

Nope, I'm actually on the Wasp. I do talk to my counterpart over there sometimes. If you know someone over there PM me and I will send a message over to them!

No messages to send. My last ship is in that ESG.

Anyways, sure looking forward to being home and I might just take you up on that ride.

Always looking for a reason to drive! :shift:

See you soon and until then enjoy the Holiday season. :headspin:

You too!

• 1 month later...

Ok I guess this is my first post here. So an intro is in line I guess since so many of you seem totoally new to the Shelby scene.

I have a GT-350 and have plans to get a Shelby GT in the future.

I have been slow to get on the Team Shelby bandwagon. I live in Suffolk, have been a Shelby owner since 1974. I sometimes run the SVSAAC club that meats at Kimnach. We are a farily small group of Shelby enthusiasts and have been around since sometime in the '70's.

The fact that the SVSAAAC web site is not up to date is my fault. I will fix that very shortly. It had just gotten no traffic for a long time and I had pretty much stopped maintaining it. That will change shortly. Our club members were all pretty much old school types that really didn't think much of the club having a web site.... That has changed and I need to take the time to update that. Guess that will be my winter project.

The club is still very alive. Our next meeting is our annual "Carroll Shelby's Chili Night" at one of our members houses. I know that the meeting is the first wednesday night in February at one of our members houses. He has just recently moved and I don't have directions yet to his new house. Everyone is invited, if you are interested, let me know and I will get directions and give them to you. I will not post them here just for privacy reasons.

Anyway, hope to meet some of you guys soon. Starting at the March meeting (First Wednesday) all of our meetings will be back at Kimnach Ford about 7:30 PM.

I attached a picture of our Shelby at a recent autocross. As you can see it is not a trailer queen. We take it to autocrosses, track events, etc. It has been a great rush owning this piece of the family for more than 30 years. I did own a 289 Cobra for a while, but I sold it to Carroll Shelby a while back.post-12718-1200168276_thumb.jpg

post-12718-1200168276_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone. Just came across this thread and emailed a link to the hubby. I guess he's missed it also.

I'm Snoop's better half :hysterical: (really, I'm not joking). We live in Virginia Beach. We showed up for a few of the meetings that take place at Beach Ford with one local Mustang club. They seem to do more shows than anything. We did a few and lost interest. We enjoy spending our weekends driving the car, :shift: not in a hot parking lot most weekends with the club showing the car off at a stand still. Many nice members in the club that are worth getting to know.

We do spend time on Saturday afternoon, when the weather is warm, at Jenro's. During this past summer we've had as many as four 2007's show up, and recently a 2008. We've been known to leave there if it's slow and convoy with others toward Bass Pro Shop in the Hampton/Newport News area.

The Hubby enjoy his rides to the stripe area quite often.

The Nags Head gathering that Orf mentioned is very worth your trying to get involved in. There are two on going threads with past and present information on this gathering. It's a blast, and family friendly. Check out some of the pics from our past gatherings and I'm sure you'll be interested in attending the upcoming one in April 2008. I'll try to link the threads here if I don't forget.

Look forward to meeting you all somewhere along our journeys. :happy feet:

I’m looking forward to Aprilfest. It sounds like a good time.

I’ve heard of the Jenro’s Saturday gatherings, but it’s a bit chore to make every weekend since I live just outside Smithfield and have two very active boys. The Bass Pro Shop, on the other hand, is just right up the road on the other side of the JRB. That would be a lot easier to get to on a regular basis. I was thinking about joining the Peninsula Mustang Enthusiast Club that meets at Wynn Ford in Hampton for the same reason.

Archived