TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby and other clubs

Rarecat

Just curious how the forming of Team Shelby will effect SVTOA and SAAC..... I guess time will tell, but it's interesting that Shelby Autos seems to be calling this the official Shelby club. There may need to be some delineation between "classic" and "new".... :shrug:

Just curious how the forming of Team Shelby will effect SVTOA and SAAC..... I guess time will tell, but it's interesting that Shelby Autos seems to be calling this the official Shelby club. There may need to be some delineation between "classic" and "new".... :shrug:

I believe both old and new and all things Shelby will be included in this club. There will be different areas of interest on the site available to all members no matter what Shelby they have or don't have.

I'm with you on the question of how this will effect SAAC and SVTOA. I am currently a member of both Team Shelby and SAAC.

No one seems to want to touch the question about SAAC. I've asked it several times and have been ignored. Very strange.... :confused:

SAAC is independent of this deal. They probably knew very a little about Team Shelby. You can be a member of both clubs if you pay both fees. There is nothing to say you can't. To me the question is what is the relationship between the SAAC and Shelby Autos and Mr. Shelby going to be now that Team Shelby is the official club of Shelby Autos. Second to that is how is SAAC going to handle already fragile relationship it has with S197 Shelby owners already. Especially since that is the core of Team Shelby. However, that is probably a more appropriate question for those at SAAC.

SAAC is independent of this deal. They probably knew very a little about Team Shelby. You can be a member of both clubs if you pay both fees. There is nothing to say you can't. To me the question is what is the relationship between the SAAC and Shelby Autos and Mr. Shelby going to be now that Team Shelby is the official club of Shelby Autos. Second to that is how is SAAC going to handle already fragile relationship it has with S197 Shelby owners already. Especially since that is the core of Team Shelby. However, that is probably a more appropriate question for those at SAAC.

Here is a good relationship. post-5223-1194050467_thumb.jpg

post-5223-1194050467_thumb.jpg

Strictly my own personal observations (and these were all from before I bought my Shelby), it always seemed that the SAAC crew was a bit more focused on the Cobras rather than the Mustang-based models. I'm not a member or anything, so don't flame me if I'm wrong, but that is just what it felt like from the outside looking in. Since Team Shelby will be, by sheer numbers, more focused on the Mustang models, I don't see why the two clubs can't co-exist.

After me is:

- SAAC is for real Shelby's and Cobra's

- Team Shelby is for new Mustangs with Shelby patches

Greetings from Switzerland

Walter

Walter,

Team Shelby is Carroll Shelby's site for all of the Shelby owners that want to join. They are all real, so let's not start that banter. It looks like you have a really nice Cobra. How about sharing a photo of it with us ?

Team Shelby is Carroll Shelby's vision Both Robert and I have talked to Carroll and Amy they both are very excited about this new club. This new club is a place for all Shelby's. In Carroll Shelby's eyes all his cars are real he was involved in all his cars intimately there will be a place in Team Shelby for all Carroll's cars.

We are going to have amazing shows and regionals and special events like Carroll's Birthday Bash. This is a very exciting time. Carroll Makes all his cars they are all real. If you asked Carroll Himself, there is no distinction.

Saac is an independent company, Team Shelby is Carroll's Club and all our Welcome.

Guys, there are many car clubs for many cars, but Ferrari has a club that is by the manufacturer, so do the others. This is the offical Shelby Club for all Shelby's Made by Shelby and Ford together alone, under partnership. It includes cobra old and new, Mustang old and new. series one, and dodge shelby's.

This is a club that Carroll wanted and will be run by Shelby Autos with help from our partners Robert and Sharon and others.

There are thousands of shelby Fan site s and clubs, this is the home of Shelby

Amy

After me is:

- SAAC is for real Shelby's and Cobra's

- Team Shelby is for new Mustangs with Shelby patches

Greetings from Switzerland

Walter

Walter I totally dsagree with you, & I have been a S.A.A.C member since 84`. I also belong to the Team Shelby Club & my 07` is just as much a Shelby as my 68` G.T 500.

GREETINGS from CANADA

Guys, there are many car clubs for many cars, but Ferrari has a club that is by the manufacturer, so do the others. This is the offical Shelby Club for all Shelby's Made by Shelby and Ford together alone, under partnership. It includes cobra old and new, Mustang old and new. series one, and dodge shelby's.

This is a club that Carroll wanted and will be run by Shelby Autos with help from our partners Robert and Sharon and others.

There are thousands of shelby Fan site s and clubs, this is the home of Shelby

Amy

Can we include the 1994 to 2005 Tribute Edition Shelby's produced by MUSTANG F/X under Contract with Carroll Shelby Licensing? They pay Tribute to Carroll Shelby for all he has done for the Automotive World.

David.

The problem is not with Carroll or our cars and the debate is not real versus remake. The problem is with US and how we are viewing these cars.

Take it with a grain of salt as I was not born until 1970 however I doubt many here have had the intimacy with Shelbys over the years as I have had since birth. I was no more than 3 years old when my Dad set me down in front of a 10 spoke and asked me to polish a rim for a car show. (insert your cathy lee gifford child slave labor jokes here :)) My family has owned multiple Shelbys, A Cobra, Tigers and a few of the other cars that were well documented in the Shelby American magazines in the past, and we used to be VERY active in the clubs in Wisconsin and Colorado for many years. (I am not trying to say mine is bigger than yours, simply trying to establish some level of credibility in my expertise around our cars)

IMHO the 60's were a special time for performance vehicles that we are only slightly duplicating today. It was not totally about establishing local GM or Mopar dominance, it was about grabbing up a handful of USA whoopass and smearing it in Ferrari's face. I am pretty sure Carroll did not create any of the cars anticipating future value, he did not anticipate a vast network of clubs or distributorship's. I am pretty sure he thought about creating some cars that dominated on the street or track and putting the same smile on the drivers face in 1965 as he did in 2008 with the Mustang.

Now trust me I have been there when it comes to thinking that Unique Performance and the "remakes" are just that...remakes and are ruining my cars value. Its a slippery slope that ends in jealousy, frustration and anger that your "investment" is being ruined by the creator himself. What we all have to realize is the intent. The intent to again make it a little faster a little sportier or a little different than the Prius at the light in the next lane.

From that perspective I find it hard to criticize any of his creations from the Cobra, to the Shelby Mustang, to the GLHS to the GT-500 we drive today. If you follow the intent you will have many years of enjoyment and the abilities to create memories that will last for ever, I have, in fact 3 generations worth!

Now for you that are collectors or investors, good luck, sincerely, I hope you make a fortune, however if you do not its only because the car that was created by Carroll was meant for fun, sideways sliding, tire roasting, checker flag taking fun and if you did not take advantage of that, the onus is on you for setting an unrealistic expectation!

Dennis

Nice post Dennis. :shift:

+1

Carroll is always intent on Fun, he said it at the Terlingua unveiling and he means it. His cars are meant to be driven, if you by them to hope in 30 years they are worth more, then I think you will miss out on 30 years of pure pleasure. My GT500 has 7K miles on it and it will have more

Amy

The problem is not with Carroll or our cars and the debate is not real versus remake. The problem is with US and how we are viewing these cars.

Take it with a grain of salt as I was not born until 1970 however I doubt many here have had the intimacy with Shelbys over the years as I have had since birth. I was no more than 3 years old when my Dad set me down in front of a 10 spoke and asked me to polish a rim for a car show. (insert your cathy lee gifford child slave labor jokes here :)) My family has owned multiple Shelbys, A Cobra, Tigers and a few of the other cars that were well documented in the Shelby American magazines in the past, and we used to be VERY active in the clubs in Wisconsin and Colorado for many years. (I am not trying to say mine is bigger than yours, simply trying to establish some level of credibility in my expertise around our cars)

IMHO the 60's were a special time for performance vehicles that we are only slightly duplicating today. It was not totally about establishing local GM or Mopar dominance, it was about grabbing up a handful of USA whoopass and smearing it in Ferrari's face. I am pretty sure Carroll did not create any of the cars anticipating future value, he did not anticipate a vast network of clubs or distributorship's. I am pretty sure he thought about creating some cars that dominated on the street or track and putting the same smile on the drivers face in 1965 as he did in 2008 with the Mustang.

Now trust me I have been there when it comes to thinking that Unique Performance and the "remakes" are just that...remakes and are ruining my cars value. Its a slippery slope that ends in jealousy, frustration and anger that your "investment" is being ruined by the creator himself. What we all have to realize is the intent. The intent to again make it a little faster a little sportier or a little different than the Prius at the light in the next lane.

From that perspective I find it hard to criticize any of his creations from the Cobra, to the Shelby Mustang, to the GLHS to the GT-500 we drive today. If you follow the intent you will have many years of enjoyment and the abilities to create memories that will last for ever, I have, in fact 3 generations worth!

Now for you that are collectors or investors, good luck, sincerely, I hope you make a fortune, however if you do not its only because the car that was created by Carroll was meant for fun, sideways sliding, tire roasting, checker flag taking fun and if you did not take advantage of that, the onus is on you for setting an unrealistic expectation!

Dennis

Great post Dennis, I can relate to it! Good job!

Dennis

+1, I agree that this is a great post, but what I don't see is how it applies to the multiple club situation this thread is about. The internet rumor mill tells us the SAAC has hired some sharks and are withholding comment on Team Shelby....stating that all the facts will come out in due time

See the blurb under "Muscle Cars" from HMN

http://www.hemmings.com/newsletter/newslet...mlid=65177#1382

Archived