TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 Press Kit from show

Dakota

I found some press kits from a person on team Mustang.  I'll ask him tomorrow how much there are.  I also wanted to make sure they are in mint condition.

513[/snapback]

Even if it's not in mint condition I would still be interested in one. let me know what I (or we) need to do to get them. And thanks again Robert for your time & effort in locating these press kits for us members.

OK - If I didn't PM you, I found five GT500 press kits. One is already gone. I want to give first chance to people who have already posted here requesting one. If you decide that you don't want one, that's OK.

Here's the description:

2006 N.Y. Auto Show Ford Shelby Mustang GT 500 Press Media Kit with CD.

The 2006 Shelby Mustang GT 500 was introduced at the New York International Auto Show in March, 2005. Included with the press kit is a CD packed with information - Tons of photos and 4 Videos of Carroll Shelby. Video 1) is Mr. Shelby reviewing the GT500 clay model with SVT executives and watch as he takes the GT500 prototypes to the Dearborn proving ground. The second video is a younger Carroll Shelby explaining how he got started in the business. Third is is Mr. Shelby talking about his history with Ford and the future of the new Shelby Cobra GT500. Fourth he talks about his racing experience and the building of the Shelby Mustang GT 500. This is an amazing press kit. This is the first GT500 since 1970. Once this GT 500 becomes for sale, this press kit will be impossible to get. Also included in this press kit is the SVT Sport Tac Adrenaline.

PM me if you are interested.

gt5002.2.jpg

gt5002.2.jpg

I just wanted to give Robert a big thank you for getting me that press kit. IT IS AWESOME.

My plan is to get it signed by Carroll Shelby and keep it with the car.

Just one little detail to iron out..... I have to get the car first.  :P

981[/snapback]

Same here, it is great and in mint condition! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelby made a surprise visit to WI in July - I walked right up to him.  I'll see if I can find his schedule for future appearances.  I just sent an e-mail asking where he will appear next.  I think it would be great to have his Ford schedule :)  - Carroll Shelby is a awesome.

991[/snapback]

Every February there is a Shelby Meet in Las Vegas. It takes place this year on February 24, 25 & 26. It's alot of fun! Shelby has been there signing autographs every year that I have gone. It all depends on how he is feeling that particular day as to how long he will stay there and autograph stuff, but he usually stays as long as there are people there waiting to see him. He usually is out wandering around checking out the cars etc. It's a great event. I'm hoping the 07 GT 500 showcar is there, as I have yet to see it in person.

. . .he usually stays as long as there are people there waiting to see him. He usually is out wandering around checking out the cars etc. It's a great event. I'm hoping the 07 GT 500 showcar is there, as I have yet to see it in person.

1045[/snapback]

At the past two events, Ford couldn't get him to stop signing autographs. . .as long as people were there, he was going to stay. And he did!

Archived